August 2016 Moms
Options

Bedrest/Modified Bedrest check in w/o 6/27

How's everyone doing this week?  Since this is the first designated thread, do we want to say why our docs limited our activity as an intro?

Re: Bedrest/Modified Bedrest check in w/o 6/27

• Options
    I'll start.  My cervix shortened from 2.6 at 30w to 2.2 at 31w.  I got the steroid shots to boost the baby's lungs at 31w.  And my doc told me to lie down "as much as possible" and to avoid lifting my almost 3 year old as much as I can.  They are no longer checking cervical length but if I am having timeable contractions or major pelvic pressure they will possibly put me on actual bedrest.

I'm 32+3 today.  I'm trying to find that balance between resting and not ignoring everything in my life.  I was able to go to the beach with my family this weekend and DH was a rockstar dad, taking DS for walks, playing in the ocean with him, taking him to the playground, etc while I sat or laid down.

The worst is when DS asks me to carry him.  He was at my doctor's appt when I was told to limit lifting him, but he's also just under 3 so I basically just remind him that my doctor said I can't lift him.  He kind of gets it.  Though we do have our daily snuggle before his nap when I hold him and sing him a song.  Then he gives me kisses on each cheek.  That's the one thing I so don't want to give up!!
  • Options
    TCUFrog08TCUFrog08 member
    edited June 2016
    Welp, I just left Labor & Delivery. I had pretty high blood pressure all weekend along with an increase of swelling. Went to work this morning with a headache, blood pressure hovering at 140/100. Called my OB whose office sent me directly to L&D. 

Urine and blood work came back great. Have to do a 24 hour urine test and on bed rest till my next OB appointment. Which I called and scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30. So we shall see what ends up happening. Hoping its a short stint and I can go back to work soon!
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @msdidonato - how scary!  Glad everything came back with good results. I hope your doc gives you even more good news tomorrow!
  • Options
    Well I just got released from the hospital today after going in Sunday with a lot of pressure and just not feeling right. Turns out I was having pretty regular contractions, I thought were Braxton hicks but were the real deal, and bought myself a couple days stay. I dilated to 2cm and was 60% effaced. I was put on bedrest, started on fluids and got steroid shots for the baby's lungs. Finally was able to move around today and shower and didn't have any more contractions so they let me go and placed me on modified bedrest and lite duty for work the remainder of the pregnancy. High risk OB dr would be happy to have her stay in for 4 more weeks since I'm only 32 now. I'm not someone that just lays around so this is really going to be a challenge for me. Countdown to 36weeks begins now....
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    @kcolly32 - glad you're doing well and the contractions stopped!  Netflix has been my savior lol. I've been binge watching Grey's Anatomy. 

I've been having pretty regular contractions on and off the last 24 hours. I think they are Braxton hicks but I'm going to track them just in case. Were yours painful or not?
  • Options
    Curls919 said:
    @kcolly32 - glad you're doing well and the contractions stopped!  Netflix has been my savior lol. I've been binge watching Grey's Anatomy. 

I've been having pretty regular contractions on and off the last 24 hours. I think they are Braxton hicks but I'm going to track them just in case. Were yours painful or not?
    No actually they weren't painful at all, I thought they were BH too. I just felt a tightening so I assumed that's all it was but the intense pressure is what had me concerned. I then had someone say that's how they start then once your further dialated is when they become painful. So if they're regular and you get a lot of pressure with it then they're probably not just BH. My cervix also felt different and the only way I can describe that is it felt like when a tampon doesn't sit right inside and it's uncomfortable. I couldn't sit straight up without having that feeling- which I guess was me dilating. Being a FTM I'm just so clueless as to what is normal. 
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    I went into preterm labor at 29 weeks. I didn't feel the contractions, and I wasn't bleeding or anything. My doctor checked my cervix just because I had a little mucus. My cervix is currently about 1.5 cm, 75% effaced, and dilated 1 cm. If I can stay stable til 34weeks (Friday!) I can start taking short walks again. I am allowed to get up and move around my apartment, but no real chores or lifting. I was still having contractions even when I was discharged. I lost a ton of mucus this week, but again no blood. Makes me nervous for Friday. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I went into preterm labor at 29 weeks. I didn't feel the contractions, and I wasn't bleeding or anything. My doctor checked my cervix just because I had a little mucus. My cervix is currently about 1.5 cm, 75% effaced, and dilated 1 cm. If I can stay stable til 34weeks (Friday!) I can start taking short walks again. I am allowed to get up and move around my apartment, but no real chores or lifting. I was still having contractions even when I was discharged. I lost a ton of mucus this week, but again no blood. Makes me nervous for Friday. 
    FX everything goes well this week!!  
  • Options
    Well I am a bit more effaced and dilated to 2 now. I was kind of expecting it since I had so much mucus. I do get to walk around more though! Everything else is fine except folding and having a crazy low baby. Since I've hit 34 weeks I'm allowed more activity! It definitely could be worse. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just had a regular checkup and final ultrasound on Tuesday. My amniotic fluids are a little low (I guess normal is 8.5 and I am at 7). They've been great the whole pregnancy and was considering myself lucky because this was a major problem with DD1 since 20 weeks. Anyway, I teach fitness and he told me to stop and be on bedrest until a followup check on Friday. So, if it was that I was just dehydrated that day or whatever and they go up I will be able to get off bedrest.
    Bedrest is VERY hard with a toddler!!! I don't know how to relax, my daughter keeps waiting to pull me all over the house to play. Been downing the water and resting as much as possible and hoping levels are up because I don't know how I can be on bedrest the remainder of the pregnancy! I have no family or close enough friends to really help since we are somewhat new to the area.
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14