September 2016 Moms

Going home outfit?

Re: Going home outfit?

• My husband picked out his going home outfit :-)

I was cautioned against anything with a waist to prevent irritating the umbilical cord stump. The outfit is very cute but you might want to bring s back up.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• @VeraMali we just got a couple separate outfits at our shower that have those same patterns! Here are the pants from one and the hoodie from another. I know Carters makes several items with the same fabrics but I thought it was funny how those were your two choices and we got these from the same person.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha @AlwaysAuntNeverMom Carters.com was having a huge memorial day Sale and all their new things with patterns like that were a great deal. They might have ordered it at the same time I did mine.
  • This is my 5th child and that was never an issue for our babies. The pants our going to sit over his belly button because we bought 0-3 not newborn. So if this is something other mommies have worried about then I would say it's not something to worry about unless you bought the outfit to fit snug.
  • COmama87 We got that one at our shower in 3-6 M! I LOVE it! I wish I had gotten it smaller and seriously considered buying it in NB size.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
  • @AlwaysAuntNeverMom with DS I was totally guilty of having a onsie/outfit that I loved in multiple sizes so that he could never outgrow it!
  • @sunshinern96 Gymboree!!! They have the best quality cotton!!
  • I'm thinking this 
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • @sarahg8r I love bonnets! 
  • @izzetoot I LOVE that pattern! Where did you find the onsie? Stork pattern is so on the nose!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All of you have such cute cute going home outfits selected! I haven't even looked at our clothing options yet for that event. I can't decide if we'll go with something we already have, or if I'll go out and buy something special for it. I love all of your ideas for personalized onsies and things!

I was thinking maybe we might look into a personalized hat or little socks, something easy to tuck into a baby book or even frame so we can keep.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Bibliobebe we put together a time capsule box for LO1, and will be doing the same for this baby. In it was a small box for hospital bracelets, first lock of hair, first spoon, and a few other cute things. Also the hospital blanket, going home outfit, a small photo album that included hospital photos, the birth announcement, a card from the Obamas (they will send a congratulatory card if you mail them a birth announcement), a copy of the NY times from baby's birthday, a grocery store circular, and a few magazines. 

Its not not in a cute display or anything, but I think that stuff will be cool to look back on.

(totally not outfit related, but it does relate to your comment!)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @KimmySchmidt the brand is called Kickee Pants! I found the onsie on Amazon with free shipping but you can also find it on their website or at baby boutiques. I got it in a 0-3 but now I think I may need to order another in N bc its kinda big and I have tiny babies  <3

• @Steephers123 Where did you get that!?! So cute!! 

We we got a Burt's Bees sleeper with pink and white stripes. That's probably what she will wear home if it fits. I'll bring other options too.
  • @Steephers123 Where did you get that!?! So cute!! 

We we got a Burt's Bees sleeper with pink and white stripes. That's probably what she will wear home if it fits. I'll bring other options too.
    I love burts bees but I don't like their set packs.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I just bought another one. This one in 3 months just in case I go full term this time. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Steephers123Steephers123 member
    edited July 2016
    @MrsVoorhees It's from Next, a British company. I am in love with their clothes!! I'm refraining from a full on novel about them (which I had written) because then I feel like a baby clothes pusher :) 

Eta: www.nextdirect.com their American website, because I really am a baby clothes pusher   :D

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • @Steephers123 oh my gosh, their stuff is so cute! No idea how to order it but really, really cute! A lot like Baby Gap, which I'm crazy about. I like baby clothes that I would wear haha
  • @MrsVoorhees Me, too, on liking baby clothes that I would wear!! It's why I never did sleepers throughout the day with DD1, and won't with DD2 either. My grandma once told me that my cousin and I dress our daughters up like they're baby dolls (it was said lovingly bc she did the same with our dads). Lol.

• AnnaS930AnnaS930 member
    edited July 2016
    @MrsVoorhees and @camichael84 - I will be looking forward to seeing this baby (or your older daughters) dressed as newborns.. I found actual clothes to look so absurd on Emmett as a newborn (not so much little onesies/leggings or sweatpants.. but khakis/jeans and button down shirts looked awful).  I'm all about comfy little sleepers or onesie/leggings as a newborn, refuse to put bulky clothes and have a squishy baby swimming in them

Edited to add: He is now quite the Gap toddler.. I laugh out loud every time I see his little body in jeans and a flannel shirt.. my little lumberjack man.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @camichael84 so, so cute! I'll join the club of dressing baby in what I'd wear. I love clothes that make them look like teeny adults but still baby cute. We won't do NB jeans either but she already has a pair in 0-3 months and a pair of corduroy pants that we got her (that match a couple of winter shirts I got her, I'm too weird about buying her stuff that I can see matching with other stuff). We also got tons of hand-me-downs from her cousin (mostly in 6m+) and their taste is so similar to mine so yay!
  • jessbaldwin14jessbaldwin14 member
    edited July 2016
    I need help finding the going home outfit I want! I found a picture of a friend of a friend's baby who is wearing the most adorable coming home outfit and I cannot find it anywhere! Please let me know if you know where I can buy this specific outfit for my little man! 
  • @camichael84 - I definitely did jeans after a couple of months when baby was a bit more sturdy/ has some form to them.. it was the newborn ones that I just couldn't wrap my mind around. Also - those look really soft/stretchy - Emmett's were just so stiff, the waist seemed massive for his little body.  Emmett definitely wore a good amount of clothes that would be the boy equivalent of your top pics.. little shirts with sweatpants, etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • camichael84camichael84 member
    edited July 2016
    @AnnaS930 Those were real jeans so they were on the stiffer side in person, but she did have some more jegging type as well that were much softer/stretchier. I liked the real jeans better, but only because they held up better. Most of the jeggings didn't even make it into storage. 

Eta: Not all jeans fit her that well. She had some from Target that were ridiculous (too big in the waist and too wide in the legs) and she never wore.

• @MrsVoorhees Yes, I love dressing DD in stuff I would wear (if they made stuff that cute in my size :) ) Gap is amazing for that!  Next's website is crap on a phone/tablet, I only pull it up on a computer now because it's so awful.  I have not fallen for this yet, but last Christmas they had matching kids/adult stuff and I *nearly* dressed like my daughter.  

Pregnancy Ticker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Maybe I do dress my son in things I would wear.. I mean, if adult-sized sleepers were appropriate, I'd be rocking those day and night during maternity leave... only not, because of the night sweats.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AnnaS930 said:
    Maybe I do dress my son in things I would wear.. I mean, if adult-sized sleepers were appropriate, I'd be rocking those day and night during maternity leave... only not, because of the night sweats.
    Girl, I've got two

• So far, it looks like our boys are going home in matching sleepers:

There's a matching monster face on the butt, too.

Between buying them ourselves and our shower, we have doubles of this outfit in three different sizes. :lol:

I had originally picked out a cute matching set of black and white striped bamboo knit kimonos with sea foam trim that I bought on Etsy before realizing that they wouldn't work in a car seat, so we went with something cute and comfy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @AnnaS930 I didn't dress her like an adult until she was around 3 months and had some rolls. I agree that newborns look so funny in real clothes. They're all skinny, long arms and legs. DD wore the footie pajamas forever because I hated putting anything over her wobbly head. Now though, she dresses like a...well...a 30 year old, I guess. I love baby Gap. I do love the short shorts though, she still has leg rolls and I love to flaunt them because they're so damn cute. 
  • RG1RG1 member
    @MojieJo that's the same outfit we have and are using for the going home outfit! Except in blue/green
  • @RG1 Nice choice, momma!  The little monsters are so cute! <3
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(