September 2016 Moms
Options

Going home outfit?

Re: Going home outfit?

• Options
    I have DS's but I want this LO to have his own. I am obsessed with having a matching blanket and a converter gown so I have this for now. But I'm still looking. 

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @RN1stBae does your MIL really expect baby to wear what she picked out for going home? That would annoy me. We got something at our shower from DH's aunt and she's like "that's for taking the baby home from the hospital". Um no. That's our choice.
  • Options
    @SuperFudge00 - not for going home, but we bought a lot of items in that print for this little one.. it is SO DARN CUTE! I'm obsessed with the little camping scenes, and great colors!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @jlmama118 I did see that you can buy the tutu bloomers for $7.95 on Etsy and hen you could pair with the personalized onesie :) 
  • Options
    I'm just bringing a few generic onesies, preferably one that snaps all the way up the front because that was easiest getting a newborn dressed with their umbilical cord. I have 2 pictures total of taking dd1 home, we were just in the car and had zero visitors that first day, so I didn't see much of a point in having a special "going home" outfit. Not that there's anything wrong with doing it if you want to, just that you also don't really have to.
  • Options
    @kosmo86 Which shop is that? That headband looks super soft!
  • Options
    @OBMommy  https://www.etsy.com/shop/iloveco?ref=l2-shopheader-name , There shop says they will be back on the 8th of July but all of their stuff looks super cute!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @miam4 that is soooo precious! What country are you in? 
  • Options
    miam4miam4 member
    edited June 2016
    @jbscmama I am in the USA, but I am originally from Brazil =)
    Forgot to say thank you ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We don't have a coming home outfit picked out, but we are planning to get this to take to the hospital with us:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ALC55PG/ref=gl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1S5JF18VUR1TZ&coliid=I7RHJQUURLGNA&psc=1

maybe it will wind up being what she comes home in?  I haven't really given it much thought.  For both Piper and Connor I had cute sleeper type outfits, but they were nothing particularly special.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Options
    This thread is making it REALLY tough to stay team green! Your outfits are choice ladies, simply choice. 
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo team green means you could buy one of each! Twice the adorableness. 

@VeraMali those are both beautiful

@Thscary I love the middle one the best! It just screams baby. 
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    @Shiva14 I'm getting that onsie and the matching "Big Sister" shirt for my girls! I don't think we are going to use them for the coming home outfit, but definitely will for newborn pics.

• Options
    @VeraMali those are so cute!! My personal favorite is the second but you can't go wrong with either
  • Options
    @BernieRae, I know! How do people think they can pick out stuff for such a novel little occasion!? It'd be like getting engaged and your MIL dropping off a terd  colored wedding dress and being like - oh here, I picked this up today.

I'm loving all of these girl outfits! And all the little bows and glitter! I have to say I've picked out some pastel-y/aqua/salmon type things for the little man and my husband has started suspiciously eyeing them.  I'm not a fan of the primary blue/red/green boyish colors though!

And, hood advice about the baby spitting up two seconds after you dress them to go home.  I'd be so disappointed if I had to take off the little outfit and put on the backup terd outfit! 

I guess it REALLY doesn't matter, but it's a fun thing to think about :) especially for our first baby.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I love the white one because I'm weirdly obsessed with the matching mittens, DD1 had several outfits with matching mittens & burp clothes Lol. But I also love the little matching hat with the grey/purple one. I'll probably just take both because like someone mentioned above there is always the high chance of spit up or diaper explosion to force you to change the coming home outfit before you even get out the door.
  • Options
    frogdog06 said:
    I was advised to do something kimono-style for easy in and out so have the below in newborn and 3m size. No idea how big she's going to be - DH was 10lbs something and I was 9!

I love that welcome home outfit! Both of my girls wore the same soft Carter's onesie dress so I'll bring that in case LO is a girl. Part of me wants to buy a special welcome home / hi world themed sleeper. I just may do it! 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    @Shiva14 I'm getting that onsie and the matching "Big Sister" shirt for my girls! I don't think we are going to use them for the coming home outfit, but definitely will for newborn pics.
    Awww I love that set!! I may get DS a shirt too in a less girly style. I'm so excited for him to be a sibling ❤
  • Options
    @VeraMali I LOVE those carter's onesies! You can't go wrong with either one, and may as well bring both in case of any leaky accidents.

@RN1stBae turds away! I am throwing four onesies in my carry on luggage/hospital bag!
  • Options
    Wondering what others' experiences are. I definitely didn't buy much in newborn but I did get 2 weeks worth of wear and DS was 8lbs 3oz and 19.5". I did pack a few 3 month outfits just in case but didn't need them. 

Anyone HAVE to dress your LO in 3 month clothing from birth?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @SuperFudge00 DD1 came home in 3 month clothing at 8lbs 12oz 21 inches long. All I've bought for DD2 is 3 months sizes.
  • Options
    @VeraMali could she fit newborn?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @SuperFudge00 no she could not. The two newborn onesies I had brought were too tight and short on her. My family has a history of big babies though so we were prepared with 3 month outfits as well.
  • Options
    crispy11crispy11 member
    edited June 2016
    Wondering what others' experiences are. I definitely didn't buy much in newborn but I did get 2 weeks worth of wear and DS was 8lbs 3oz and 19.5". I did pack a few 3 month outfits just in case but didn't need them. 

Anyone HAVE to dress your LO in 3 month clothing from birth?
    My first was 9 lbs 11oz at birth. We shoved her into a newborn coming home outfit, but she basically had to wear 0-3 from birth. 
    ETA: she was 21 inches long. 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    @SuperFudge00 - we brought DS2 home in 0-3 months clothing.  He was 9lb 1oz and 21 inches.  I'm expecting the same this time.
  • Options
    SLou24SLou24 member
    @Thscary  Love all of them, but the middle one the most!! 

@VeraMali I agree with above -- yellow flowers are happy :) 

@frogdog06 AH those bows!! (The ones on the bottom, next to the "welcome home" outfit. I think I need those! 

• Options
    @SLou24 right?! Found them on Etsy - "hospital grade" fabric and apparently pre washed. They are super soft!
  • Options
    @izzetoot, love it!! 

@crispy11, omg!!! What a little chubster! The women in my family have big babies, so I'm imagining my baby to look like this!! Plus, he started kicking so hard so early, I started relating him to the hulk. 
  • Options
    Our kid was 8.5 lbs, 21" at birth. In newborn size for almost a month. Diapers & onesies. It just depends really. Also, certain brands (like GERBER) run WAYYY small. A newborn Gerber onesie/sleeper is the same size as a preemie Carters. We used a yellow zip-up sleep 'n play for the first kid (team green) and will use a similar one for the next kid, yellow zip up sleeper. I kept the first kids sleeper in a little bag inside a keepsake box to give to them when/if they have their first baby.
    + 6/1/11, due 2/12/12. natural m/c @ 8wks
    + 9/3/11, due May 2012. overdue baby born healthy!
    + 8/3/15, natural m/c @ 5wks
    + 1/4/16, due 9/14/16

Lilypie Maternity tickers