November 2016 Moms

Symptoms Check In - Week of 6/27

What is ailing you this week?

Re: Symptoms Check In - Week of 6/27

• I feel like all of a sudden I'm feeling huge.. partially I feel bloated but I've gained like 7 lbs since my last appt 5 weeks ago. That and I'm getting leg cramps a few days a week. I'm trying to drink more water since it's been hot but I'm not a fan. I had a leg cramp with my 2nd that was so awful I was actually crying. I couldn't get it to let up it just kept coming back. My husband wanted to call an ambulance and I was like don't you dare!! Like any nurse would say. But man that mother effer hurt.
  • I've been having trouble with being dizzy & lightheaded. My doctor thinks I'm getting dehydrated so I've been increasing my water consumption a lot. @leighry I've been putting citrus, berries, and cucumbers into water to make it more appealing. Maybe you can try that?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been dealing with dehydration, nausea, and being exhausted hoping it gets better soon. 
  • I'm so ragey this week, I just want to scream and kick and break stuff. I know my DH is being an idiot a portion of the time, but I can't figure out in the moment if it's him or me. I'm really fun to be around, lol.
  • I've been having trouble with being dizzy & lightheaded. My doctor thinks I'm getting dehydrated so I've been increasing my water consumption a lot. 
    I've been super dizzy/lightheaded lately too... this happened in my last pregnancy and I drank so much water I was told I was drinking too much (didn't know that was a thing) and it was exacerbating my heartburn. I've been trying to maintain a bit less than 100 oz a day and just sit and be lazy when the dizzies kick in.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • My ankles have flipped into cankles over the weekend.  

@leighry and @Muscatmommyof4  I'm also up and down on my water intake. On bad weeks or when I travel I'll drink some pedialyte to help with fluids.  It's an easy way to replenish fluids and electrolytes. 
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

• Gah! This week I'm dealing with some nausea and pelvic pain, especially while sitting for a period of time. I really have to make it a point to stand more at work. Also dealing with minor headaches due to medication dosage changes... but pulling through. Hope you all feel better next week!

Me: 28 <3 DH: 29

#1 DS: 11/24/2016

#2 EDD: 11/15/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I suck at drinking water, and adding stuff to it (i.e. fruit) makes it worse for me. I should be in bed right now but am up trying to get more fluids down. I hope I'm not harming baby with my low fluid intake (I have always been this way).

Also I have this cramp in my right buttcheek that comes back daily (for the last week). My mom said it's sciatica but it's not radiating so who knows.
  • Awful carpal tunnel/numbness in my R hand (waiting for my brace to arrive), general tiredness and a little bit of freaking out thrown in there just for fun.  I still don't think I've felt the baby and I feel like I'm "that pregnant lady" who will call the doctor and do a freak out....because I'm debating a call today.  I went to the spa Sunday with a friend and even though the brochure said my treatments were totally safe for pregnancy, I'm flipping out a little.....

Ahh, the joys of pregnancy!
  • JBing131 said:
    Awful carpal tunnel/numbness in my R hand (waiting for my brace to arrive), general tiredness and a little bit of freaking out thrown in there just for fun.  I still don't think I've felt the baby and I feel like I'm "that pregnant lady" who will call the doctor and do a freak out....because I'm debating a call today.  I went to the spa Sunday with a friend and even though the brochure said my treatments were totally safe for pregnancy, I'm flipping out a little.....

Ahh, the joys of pregnancy!
    I have the same freak outs... You're not alone - these suck. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • I think I pulled a muscle in either my rib cage (I don't even know if that's possible) or in the ab muscles on the left side by my rib cage. I went out on the boat with my husband on Saturday and even though he was really careful we did hit a couple of rough waves. I think the tensing for them is what caused it. Either way, it hurts like HELL. I can't sleep on my left side for very long before it starts throbbing and wakes me up. So I'm relegated to the right side only which is obviously super uncomfortable. I really hope this goes away quickly. 
  • allergies are kicking my ass this week, so I have been drinking A LOT of water which is causing me to pee every 1/2 hour it seems.  The scratchy throat I woke up with this morning triggered some morning sickness, so  I hope that is not making its comeback and it was just a thing for today. 

on a good note, I felt the baby kick last night for the first time.  Of course when I had H feel it stopped and he could not feel anything.

• I'm also dizzy and light headed but it's in combination with being completely out of breath over the silliest things (like standing up). It's demoralizing, I'm really not that out of shape. The OB isn't worried about it, she thinks it all has to do with my low blood pressure and small frame, she thinks the lungs are already getting crushed. Needless to say I'm now scared of what it'll be like when my belly is actually big!

Also, sadly, hemmoroids from the constant constipation :( 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• I have awful pain under my ribs on my right side. It happens whenever I'm sitting for more than 5 min, and today it has been bothering me while standing too. I have no idea what is causing it, and my doctor doesn't seem too concerned but man is it uncomfortable! I don't want there to be anything wrong, but I really want there to be a reason behind this that I can fix! The only thing that makes it go away is laying down, which just can't happen at work!
  • @MrsMaryK2016 I pulled a muscle in my ribcage a little over a month ago! Somehow I managed to do this while sleeping. It was terrifying because I woke up suddenly and it was painful to breathe. The on call OB told me to take Tylenol and head to urgent care if it didn't improve. I ended up going in and they were able to give me muscle relaxers (which my OB confirmed were safe for baby) and I was 100% better within a day or two. Up to you if it's worth a trip to the Dr,  but just so  you know that there may be a solution! 
    Married July 2015
    Me: 26 DH:27
    Due: 11/6/2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MrsMaryK2016 I pulled a muscle in my ribcage a little over a month ago! Somehow I managed to do this while sleeping. It was terrifying because I woke up suddenly and it was painful to breathe. The on call OB told me to take Tylenol and head to urgent care if it didn't improve. I ended up going in and they were able to give me muscle relaxers (which my OB confirmed were safe for baby) and I was 100% better within a day or two. Up to you if it's worth a trip to the Dr,  but just so  you know that there may be a solution! 
    Married July 2015
    Me: 26 DH:27
    Due: 11/6/2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I feel huge this week! Swelling in my legs (it was really bad with my first) has begun, and it's not attractive! Also numbness in my hands/arms waking me up at night. Blah! 
  • I've been on the brink of multiple panic attacks for the last week or two. I am 18+5 today and I never feel like I can get enough air. I have to put a fan directly in my face most times just to bring myself down off an attack. Lord help me when I actually go into labor! I'm a FTM so the anxiety is starting to set in.
    Other than that just itchy stretching skin on my belly. And discomfort in my groin area. This baby girl is growing quick!
  • @AmandaR417 Oh wow, that's terrifying! I don't have any issues breathing it's just incredibly sore and I can't sleep on it. It seems to be a lot better in the mornings now though so it must be healing. If it's still bothering me next week I'll bring it up with my doc at my next appointment. I'm just hoping it's gone before then.
  • I've got this weird slippery catching feeling, only on my left abdomen.  I'll bend over, and it will feel like a corner of my uterus got caught between my hip bone and something else, and then that corner will slip out of the catch, feeling like your tongue does if you pull it out from between your teeth (minus the pain).  There is only a little bit of round tendon pain when this happens.  I wonder if it might be my large intestine briefly experiencing some torsion?

• jenesiso said:
    I've been on the brink of multiple panic attacks for the last week or two. I am 18+5 today and I never feel like I can get enough air. I have to put a fan directly in my face most times just to bring myself down off an attack. Lord help me when I actually go into labor! I'm a FTM so the anxiety is starting to set in.
    Other than that just itchy stretching skin on my belly. And discomfort in my groin area. This baby girl is growing quick!
    I'm not saying this is what you're suffering from but last month, I had 2 weeks where I felt like I couldn't swallow and there was a lump in my throat. I went to the doctor and she basically said that my cold and other external factors were stressing me out and it was basically psychosomatic. I thought she was the crazy one but I started listening to guided meditation before I fell asleep and it really helped me. A week later, the lump in my throat was gone.

Again, take it with a grain of salt but it can't hurt to try ways to destress.
  • anyone else having bad pain really low in the abdomen? Last 2 nights I've woken up screaming in pain and t lasts a few minutes and usually starts going away enough I can pee and then it's a dull ache for a while. It's sometimes more mild where it feels really really tight and achy for a while before finally stopping. It's really effecting what little sleep I've been getting. 
  • @kristah2 yep. A lot of discomfort at 18+6.
  • Every time I have a big sneeze (which is a lot lately), my stomach feels as though it looses room to expand and then I feel a "pop" on my left side.  Although I know it's going to happen, it startles me and messes up my sneeze.  I'm looking forward to the days I can sneeze again normally. 
  • I have had some raging acid reflux... Tums aren't helping! I've landed myself in the hospital due to bleeding from the placenta previa... That's my big issue now.
  • Between heartburn and still vomiting at 21 weeks those are my problematic symptoms. It's gotten better from everyday, to a few times a week, and now once a week.