August 2016 Moms

Bitchfest Monday 6/27

*TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
Benched 6 months 
BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

Re: Bitchfest Monday 6/27

• @kristynmac i am sorry! Not your fault at all!  Hugs.
  • Loading the player...
  • jacmkelleyjacmkelley member
    edited June 2016
    Im not kristynmac said:
    I have two younger sisters and both are done with having kids. The middle one I am not super close to, but the youngest sister and I have always got along pretty well. I had my son in 2005 and have basically taken a break until this one, so during that time my youngest sister had two kids and wanted help the whole time. For the last few summers, she often drops her kids off for me to watch while she goes to rodeos on the weekends, but since I got pregnant she has basically disappeared. She doesn't ask how its going, doesn't offer to help out. She did offer to give me her crib, but then text me this morning to say that she doesn't think her youngest (3) will be out of the crib anytime soon. I asked my mom what was going on and she thinks that my sister is jealous that I will have the "baby" of the family...ummm how is this my fault? 
    It's Monday, I say it's fair to respond to that by saying "Sucks to suck". 
  • @kristynmac That's annoying! Hopefully it blows over soon. 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months 

• @Bookhousegirl I would think the same. Kind of like flying in the middle of the week vs. a Sunday or Friday is cheaper. 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months 

• @Bookhousegirl How are you managing packing and getting ready for the movers? Our move is on Friday and I feel like I'm so far behind. I'm usually super organized about these things but I've resorted to just throwing stuff in boxes and figuring it out later. 
  • MIL had the audacity to bitch at DH that she's fallen down her stairs three times the past week and this is somehow my moms fault because she said she'd come over and help put up a railing. Did she ever ask my mom to come over and help after the initial discussion? No. My mom was just supposed to show up and do it. (I'd like to add she told DH about falling at the same time as asking if she can have DD overnight, who's bedroom is upstairs and can't go down stairs without being carried yet.) Then continued to bitch about my mom coming to stay with us every weekend when we said she would be here when she wanted DD to help us set up the baby and DD's new room. My mom helps around the house while she is here. She does dishes, weeds, takes care of DD so I can sleep in or rest, pretty much anything that needs to be done or we need help with. Plus all week I basically talk to babies all day. I enjoy the adult conversation on the weekends, especially when DH is working. So, sorry, not sorry she gets to see DD more often than you. (MIL hardly ever even changes a diaper when she comes over or we go to her house.)

Its so irritating, too, because when MIL needs help unloading hay or building a fence my parents come over and help. They never ask for anything in return. She's never been to their house to do anything remotely work related, in fact she gets annoyed about having to go the hour and a half when she decides to come with us to go visit. I'm so over her pettiness and jealousy. I'm hoping for the day DH can transfer his job and we can move closer to my family.
  • What would you guys do?  I have a baby shower on July 9th, and I had folks asking me info (time and place) Saturday.  Evidently, the invites were sent late and just got mailed late last week.  Not sure whether or not to follow up with people or just not stress if they don't show up because of the late notice.... :)
  • @tmk0325 How frustrating! I'm sure I would've totally lost it. Glad to hear the pumping is going well though!

@sbelle474 I would maybe start casually mentioning it to people. Or, if you have emails for everyone, would the hostess be willing to send something out? My BFF knew she was going to be late in getting invites in the mail, so she sent a heads-up email to the guest list, asking them to mark their calendars for that day and time. 

• @sbelle474  I would go ahead and try to respond.  if they are reaching out to you about details its probably because they want to come!  

@tmk0325 - I agree I would be upset and would be hand delivering milk from now on! 

• I ordered one of those v2 supporter compression belt things on my OB's recommendation after big time swelling "down there."  Well, it seemed to be helping yesterday, but today my pelvis, hips, etc. all hurt worse, and the swelling is perhaps worse today.  Do I stick with it or is this a sign that this isn't going to help?  Either way, this hurts and I am so tired of hurting all day and night!  Argh.

And the chiropractor and massage trips helped for a while but now at 34 weeks, it's like they each only help for 3-4 days....

• my bitch is that the stroller i had ordered is out of stock so now i have to pick out another one and i so liked the one i had picked out, i been annoyed about this and i am tired and have been snapping at everyone that has got on my nerves today :neutral:
  • @tmk0325... I would have lost it on someone if that happened to me! Definitely hand deliver from now on, I know when I pumped every ounce was gold! 

My bitch for today... We're only 3 weeks into summer and my 10 year old daughter is driving me insane. She has been super whiney and crying over everything. Every time she gets in trouble or doesn't get her way. We had made so much progress on that in the last year or so, and now it's all gone to hell. It doesn't help that I'm sleep deprived and irritable too, it just makes me handle it worse. But the high pitch whine and sorta scream that come out of her mouth all too often make me want to bash my head against a wall. 
    Summer sucks. I hate what all the free time does to my kids. They miss their schedule, and so do I 
  • @tmk0325 oh man, I would have been pissed! Good for you for keeping your cool. I hope your little boys are doing well!

@Mfuller76 my packing has basically stalled. I was super productive last week, but now I have no energy for it. The good thing for me is that DH will be home next week, because we were supposed to go on vacation, but I'm not allowed to anymore. I'm just relying on him doing most of it this weekend and early next week. That means things will just be thrown into boxes, but at this point I don't even care, I just want to get there!

• I ordered one of those v2 supporter compression belt things on my OB's recommendation after big time swelling "down there."  Well, it seemed to be helping yesterday, but today my pelvis, hips, etc. all hurt worse, and the swelling is perhaps worse today.  Do I stick with it or is this a sign that this isn't going to help?  Either way, this hurts and I am so tired of hurting all day and night!  Argh.

And the chiropractor and massage trips helped for a while but now at 34 weeks, it's like they each only help for 3-4 days....

STUCK IN THE BOX

If the belt ends up working at some point please let me know.  I am dealing with the same issues!

• The manager of the office I work in is off until July 18th. She was off all last week and this week due to an emergency surgery she had to have to take out her gall bladder. Friday she and her family are leaving for a vacation in Florida. Now, while I know none of this is her fault, I am so annoyed that I am the only person here now and all of the responsibilities fall on me. They couldn't have enlisted someone to come down a couple days a week? There are numerous managers out there as we are one office of like 21 in our company. WTF? 
  • MrsEWilsonMrsEWilson member
    edited June 2016
    Well my bitching is majority of the pregnancy my husband has been working two jobs then he decided to go into the Marines (better career choice) so the basic training took up 3 more months after that he only had ten days home. I enjoyed our time, but we couldn't do to much because I'm pregnant & this GA heat is unbearable... Plus he pretty much missed the part of the pregnancy when I felt sexy so when he was home I didn't wanna be touched in that way. And this morning I had to drop him off at the bus station, he'll be gone another three months. Sucks I was miserable the whole time he was home. 

• @curls919 - I gave up on it for the day.  My legs hurt, my hips were killing me, my tailbone hurt, and the swelling was I think slightly worse.  Coincidence maybe, but my gut is that it was actually hurting things.  We'll see.
  • @kwilliams3402- ugh, i'm sorry.  I've just been sucking it up and not doing anything about my "issues".
  • Here's mine! Someone I know is due in late July. She's now working from home and started complaining that she doesn't think she can do it anymore. Working from home or working at all is just too tough. Really?? I manage an entire program and I'm working up until 39 weeks. I just can't imagine working from home being too tough at this point and the whining is killing me. 

I was supposed to have my annual review on the 10th. They come with a pay raise, My boss still hasn't scheduled mine and I'm 35 weeks. my first came at 37 weeks. I feel like he's sand bagging and stalling to avoid the raise. 
    Nicole 32| Julian 29
    Cooper: 11/20/11
    Julian: EDD 8/1/16
    PCOS & Endo. w/ DOR

• EF THIS MONDAY!!! Woke up late this morning and my body thought it would be great to throw in some sickness to start my morning. Get myself cleaned up and start straightening my house like a maniac before daycare kids arrive. Enter 6 loud kiddos (1 of my own) who are not listening, whiny, and 1 who is having constant blowouts. My head hurts, I'm tired, and the constant bending over is killing me. I told all my parents I would be open till I pop, but do I really want to deal with everyone else's cranky kids when I feel horrible? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had weeks of rain and then are in the middle of weeks of 95 degree+ heat, and apparently that has caused a roaches in the house problem.  We have routine pest control treatments, but they were just doing the minimal because we didn't see a problem. Wellllllll Houston we have a problem.  It took pest control a few days to get back out, but today they came and did a robust treatment.  I've been home an hour and killed SEVEN roaches.  Disgusting.  Can I go stay at a hotel and come back in a couple days when they're gone??!?!? 

• My bithoughts today is my back. Git sta r ed making freezer meals today, which means lots of standing and I stupidly didn't wear shoes for most of it. Now my back is killing me, my feet hurt, and I started having some BH. Just overdid it! But I did get breakfast sandwiches, two pot pies, and 2 chicken casseroles made as well as cooked some extra chicken for some other freezer casseroles later this week.  But I am feeling it now!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017

• My BF.
    I'm tired of my mom asking how "my baby is doing." It's not your baby.
    I know this is isn't a big deal, but it is just getting annoying. 
    This. My mom does it with my kids also. It drives me nuts! Unfortunately, lately, we've had to reestablish some boudries with her and remind her that they are infact OUR children.
  • @kwilliams3402.. I don't know how you're handling that! I probably would have packed up and gone to mommys by now! 
    But we have ants pretty bad right now, I'm trying to just ignore them lol