October 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 6/27

*American lady living in Tanzania.
DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)

Re: Monday Bitchfest 6/27

• Options
    I am so tired. I was in a car for 10'hours and slept in a hotel and am so tired that I wish I could call out. 

but it I have 3 clients to see and it's the end of the month so I can't even reschedule
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is kind of a symptom, but also a bitchfest... I had a HORRIBLE time sleeping last night.  I woke up a 3am and my upper back (between and under my shoulder blades) hurt so badly.  Like a pinching sensation.  It was so uncomfortable, I ended up needing to take tylenol and sleeping on the couch with a million pillows supporting me.  I took a yoga class yesterday, so maybe that caused it?  I feel like lately, I will feel totally fine during a physical activity, but hours later or even the next day, it'll suddenly hit me that I'm super sore.  WTF?  It felt really good to stretch my back during yoga, but now its miserable.  And it still hurts, so I'm just going to pout about it.  
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited June 2016
    @UponAStar16 ... The mommy dearest thing, lol. If I was more awake, I think that would have gotten a full on laugh :) Re: the dog thing... DH and I made a fenced in yard a non-negotiable when we were buying our house because we used to get in so many fights over who walks the dogs. Nice to know we're not alone in that fight but I'm sorry you're dealing with it today. Not a fun way to start the day
  • Options
    Usually FI has two early alarms that go off at 6:20 and 6:25, and I have a "No seriously, get your ass up" alarm go off at 6:30. FI forgot to turn his alarms on and only mine went off so we didn't get any pre-get-up snuggles ;(
  • Options
    @Blonde1817 I feel you on the tired thing.

I'm not sure why but I could NOT go to sleep last night. I maybe got to sleep around 2 in order to get about 4.5 hours. Is my body trying to get me ready for baby already? I'd prefer to wait another couple of weeks, thanks. Ugh I hope I can get a short nap in at lunchtime.  Happy freaking Monday. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    UFJenUFJen member
    my blowdryer  died this morning...so this hair is a good look right now. nice to see you Monday!!
  • Options
    DH and I spent all of yesterday deep cleaning the house but I think I wore myself out because last night I started to feel sick and this morning I feel awful. Sore throat, congestion blegh. And even though I'm only supposed to be working part-time they're short staffed this week so today I'm scheduled for 7 1/2 hours when all I want to do is lay on the couch :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @UFJen .... nooooo! Hair dryer death :( TBH, I'd just be have to be late for work (if I worked in an office I guess) because I'd have to go get another one before showing my face anywhere. I don't have that kind of hair that air dries nicely lol

@LGW2015 so sorry you're not feeling well :( Good luck getting through today!
  • Options
    UFJen said:
    my blowdryer  died this morning...so this hair is a good look right now. nice to see you Monday!!
    Ugh that's the worst. Mine died the other day, but luckily it was a weekend so I just ran out and got a new one. I gave up on drying my hair this morning though because I'm so tired. My hair is lookin hot today too. Definitely a ponytail day. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    I have two for this morning:

First: (is kind of petty too so don't judge too harshly). I work at a school so we have been out for the summer since early June. When I was working, it was mornings so we would all get up together and leave the house at the same time. As part of our morning routine, I would get dd ready but he would get her breakfast because they would eat together (I'm not a breakfast person) and that would include washing her juice cup and refilling it (she has a stainless steel thermos one so we use the same one every day in the am). Ever since my work ended, he'll still get her breakfast but refuses to get her the juice. WTH? I know him well enough to know it's his passive way of being mad that I don't have to work in the summers (although I was 100% a sahm before I went part time at the school), but it's so juvenile.

Second: my dh and I are buying my parents house and they are moving into a house that my mom's always wanted (total win win for everyone), but the sellers my parents are negotiating with need our preapproval letter and a letter agreeing that we are buying their house before they can even talk about settling. I called our bank (a bank I used to work for so have a personal relationship with the banker I called) 2 weeks ago and the mortgage guy was supposed to call my husband to get the 'official' letter so we can add it to our offer of my parent's house. Well, like I said, it's been two weeks and he still hasn't called. It's really ticking me off considering everything is stalled until we can get that letter and I know how banks work, so I am really surprised they are letting this sit for so long (unless they are being dicks because they already met their mortgage quota for the quarter and are trying to sit on it until July 1). Either way, I am calling when they open and basically saying that if they can't call by today then I will go to another bank (I also worked at the other bank but I like the banker from the first bank better so I was trying to help her out).
  • Options
    @maf9866 As if buying a house and moving isn't stressful enough. Sorry you have to deal with that!

My husband is the type to snap first when he's annoyed and apologize later. Well he took today off work because my son and him have a REALLY important appointment this morning. He told me he was waking up at 7:30 so at about 7:25 I poked him and said "Hey, I don't think our son has showered since Friday. He needs to get up and take one." He kind of groaned at me and said something about how he's becoming a man and needs to learn to take care of that kind of stuff. I said "Yes, absolutely.... but he didn't. Do you want him to go to this thing smelly?" So my husband rips the sheets back and starts bitching at me about how he didn't get any sleep last night and he was going to sleep for an extra 15 minutes but I woke him up early.

He went downstairs, got the kiddo up to shower, and calmly came back to me. "He's getting up and in the shower. I'll have a talk with him later. He's almost 16, he should be showering every day." I sat there for a few minutes waiting for an apology before I finally said something. So of course I got bitched at again. "I was just about to apologize. I'm tired, ok?" 

Soooo.... since you're tired you get to shit on me because you still have to get up and parent your child?? If he had told me he hadn't slept, I would've gotten up myself. But he said he was getting up at 7:30, so I didn't think getting up at 7:25 was the end of the world. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @emmaaa Ugh. MILs are the worst. Lol. I get so tired of this "be respectful even when your MIL is acting like a child" nonsense. First of all, I don't think there's anything disrespectful about letting your annoyance show. She did wrong. And second of all, I'm all for being respectful of family, but they do have to earn it. I hope things smooth out for you!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @emmaaa: I'm sorry that sounds awful! Just like @krzyriver said: as if moving wasn't stressful enough, especially pregnant! Also that it sounds like your husband sided (however slightly) with your mil. I will never understand not holding your parent's accountable for their actions. They are adults!!

Even though the house we are buying is my mothers (as opposed to MIL- who I just don't like to begin with), I am holding my breath that this doesn't happen so my dh's really good relationship with my parents will be strained. I love my mother, but this house was my grandfather's before my parent's (stepfather's parent's) so it still has stuff from them in it, then 6 kids and one grandchild have lived (or still live there) and my mom owned 3 antique stores that she closed and moved the unsold stuff into the house and now she is a director for a local playhouse so there are always props and extra stuff in the house. It is so much stuff and she just started packing (although we agreed to buy their house last August so they could start looking for their new house). She said she is hiring movers when the day comes, but I am so worried about actually getting the house emptied so that what happened to you doesn't happen to us too.
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    edited June 2016
    @krzyriver YES! She was just acting like a child! I didn't say anything out of the way but I told DH that when she said she could tell I was mad at her, he should have just told her I am mad at her because her stuff has sat in our kitchen for almost a month and we have a lot to do. 

ETA: You deserve this :)

DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @emmaaa I have no words so instead *hugs*

My bitchfest is more of a petty problem but still makes me whiney.  I was off last Wednesday and had plans to nest, but hubby had to get blood work and an ultrasound done and he ended up taking all day doing that, being an ass at it as well! But he realized he was a dick so today I have the day off as well, so he made arrangements to catch a ride with a friend and everything.  He had pizza for dinner last night (I had leftovers) and I packed up his pizza with his pop for lunch today.  Ya he forgot his lunch, which means I have to drive him some lunch.  I'm about to be done work which means no money for a bit, so I'm trying to watch my gas money, but now I have to spend money on gas instead of baby stuff that I wanted to do today.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @emmaaa ... what @krzyriver said :) Sorry you're dealing with that. I'd be pissed too

• Options
    @emmaaa OK, now I want cookies for breakfast. Lol. If you had been out of line, I totally would understand a guy sticking up for his mom. But you weren't and he's supposed to stick up for you. Men are so clueless sometimes!!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    @maf9866 That's part of the reason I was so frustrated with DH, because I felt like he took her side. He did say that he just told her no one was mad except her and now him because she's mad. He waited until after she left to talk with me about it, which I appreciate. I can understand him wanting me to respect his mom, and I do. We normally get along really well, but for the past month she has acted truly selfish about the move and having people help her and SIL agrees. 

Part of me also feels bad because she just lost her husband of 31 years and packing up all of their stuff was really hard to begin with (which she knew she was moving almost 2 months ahead of time and waited until 2 weeks before to even start and expected everyone to drop what they were doing to help her). But DH told her that we wanted the house to be empty of their stuff (and she agreed and understood) so we could make it ours. I think it just took a lot out of her, emotionally, to go through things and now that she is out of the house, she didn't want to go back for stuff, she wants to visit and it be "our" place with new and happy memories. So I do understand it. DH and I are trying to get ready for the baby and move not only our stuff but hers, so it's stressful.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    LGW2015LGW2015 member
    edited June 2016
    @bnsmith85 thanks!  <3

ugh sorry to everyone having a rough time. House buying/moving is so stressful, I couldn't imagine dealing with that while pregnant when all I ever want to do is lay on the couch. Kudos to all of you super mommas!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    @LGW2015 What makes it hard (for me anyways) is that I am not one to point at things and ask DH to move them, I usually want to move it myself or at least help and not being able to lift and help makes it worse.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I need to get my breaks done but everywhere in town is booked and the one place that isn't booked quoted me over $150 more than all the other places. e.e

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Options
    I had that wedding this weekend out of town (it was about a 3 hour drive). The wedding itself was great; even the heat wasn't too terrible until I had to stand still for the ceremony, but that was only about 30 minutes long so I sucked it up. Luckily the bridesmaids were in the shade and there was a breeze off the lake we were standing in front of.

Nobody slept well, though. It was hotel so no matter how hard you try, you always sleep like crap. When we stopped for lunch about an hour into our drive home, I told DH that I knew it was going to suck, but we needed to get our laundry started as soon as we got home because I had to work today. He agreed.

We got home, we were all completely exhausted, DH and I emptied the car, and then he immediately falls asleep across the whole couch (we only have one). He didn't even lay on the part with chaise lounge, just across the entire thing from armrest to armrest.

For the like 20 minutes it takes me to empty the duffel bag and sort what was in the hamper, I'm being loud and annoying and begging him to get off the couch and go nap in the bed so I can sit on the couch while the laundry is pushed through. He didn't move. Not an inch. I was so mad. I was mad all night. I didn't mean to be, but I was just like dude, I was in the wedding, you were not. I know you drove home, but that doesn't mean either one of us is more tired than the other. I just want to sit on the couch since I have shit I have to do and I can't take a nap.

He didn't get it. He didn't understand why I was angry and then when I tried to explain it to him he just got defensive and started the whole thing over again. So we went to sleep mad.

I hate going to sleep mad. I feel like we've been doing it more and more lately and I hate it. :'(
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    it's 10:15am and I've already met my stupid quota for the week... grant me the strength not to drive to MD and choke someone lol... (so glad I manage remotely right now).
  • Options
    I accidentally wore pants that are too tight and now it's going to be the longest day ever =(
  • Options
    @scostel2... nooooo! That sounds horrible :/ 
  • Options
    My bitchfest is more petty. So on Mother's Day, I was told by both my parents and my husband that "you're not a mom yet, you don't get anything. Sorry." I was a little hurt, but pushed the feelings aside, especially knowing that not a lot of FTMs get special treatment on Mother's Day when they're pregnant. 

However, Father's Day rolls around and my parents give my husband a small gift and a card. I think it was their way of making sure he feels included, but with how they were about Mother's Day... it hurt a little bit.

It's not a big deal at all, but I haven't really been able to vent about it. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @bnsmith85
    Ugh thanks! They're fine when I stand so I didn't notice, but when I sit they are like screaming at my hips. I feel like I'm going to pull an incredible hulk and split them lol

• Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    I run my works facebook page which means I have a quota of pictures to post every month for sponsors. I try to spread things out over the month so it's not an obnoxious stream of 20 random photos a day or something. I already did my two posts for the day and then one of the founders (who happens to be in her 70s and doesn't really understand fb) decides to post a ton of random pictures (and she NEVER uses albums) and it shouldn't bother me so much but it just TOTALLY disrupts the flow of how I like to do thing...
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    KaessiKaessi member
    @emmaaa I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that. I've been in a similar situation with my H & MIL and it absolutely sucks! It feels like your best friend is betraying you when he takes her side and there's nothing you can do about it. So...lots of empathy & hugs to you!

My bitch of the day...we are invited to a wedding this weekend (friends of DH) with a Great Gatsby theme...and apparently it is required that guests dress in line with the theme. (The groom's brother told the bride he was not planning on dressing in costume and she told him not to bother coming - yikes). I will be 6 months pregnant and don't have the funds or the desire to go out and buy an outfit that I am going to be able to wear one time. The groom is one of my H's best friends, so we have to go...but I have no clue what to wear.
  • Options
    @Kaessi It's totally unfair for people to dictate what their guests wear to that extent.  You're guests, not extras in their wedding video.

As for my complaint - it's 7:45 a.m. here and my toddler has already had three screaming fits, dumped a cup of water all over the floor, got strawberry jam all over my dress (my fault for not washing his hands fast enough), and broken my headphones.  It's going to be a loooong week.
  • Options
    @Kaessi Wow. And people thought I was a bridezilla because I got upset that my MIL wanted to wear white. That's nuts. If it were me, I would just wear whatever is comfortable. You're pregnant and I imagine it would be difficult to find something like what she wants that would fit comfortably. Actually I would probably just make my husband go alone. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @LMNOBaby I avoid children's birthday parties for this very reason. Even my son hates them because parents let their children act like idiots. It's called parenting, try it sometime people!!! 

Can you tell I really hate birthday parties??? Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    @Kaessi I think you could wear a LBD and be perfectly fine. I think that's always a good go to for wedding attire in general.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kmolleltz I manage a lot of Facebook pages for clients at my job so I feel your pain! I'm sure you take careful thought into writing up posts, and to have someone who thinks they know what they're doing throw something up...so irritating. Everyone seems to think they're social media experts!

@Kaessi That is so annoying! Who just has jazz-era clothing laying around their house?!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @LMNOBaby I agree with you! I hate when parents basically ignore the kids at bday parties because 'they are having fun'. My sil always has these huge (like 20 kid) parties for my nephew at a church gym, they are animals!! The worst part is some (if not most) of the parents stay so not only is my sil not telling them to chill out, their own parents aren't either. This year they seemed determined to throw balls as hard as they could at the sound barriers on the ceiling because a few were loose and only hanging by one side. No one said anything! Finally I made my husband go say something because my daughter was over there and not only would it have been horrible if one would have fallen but they also have no control of the balls they are throwing up in the air (8 year olds so they can get them decently high).

I know there is a 'let kids be kids' idea, but you can let kids be kids and teach them to still be safe and respectful!!!
  • Options
    Wow, it's a bitchy Monday already!

I am on Stage 2 of my illness, which is kinda good - Stage 1 was a sore throat. Stage 2 is just lots of blowing my nose, which is more disgusting and disruptive to other people but bothers me a lot less. (Stage 3 will be a cough that persists so long that everyone thinks I have consumption.) 

I am so. tired. today. I haven't been able to sleep well for weeks. If it's not my hips/back, it's digestive pains, or reflux, or a sore throat or a headache or coughing or a stuffy nose or my mind racing about all the crap I have to do for work and the baby. But I'm usually not this tired right away in the morning. 

I have one more week of Summer I. I would have Monday and Tuesday off and then start Summer II on Wednesday, but I have jury duty on Tuesday, so I have to be somewhere at 8 freaking am (I teach afternoons and have been sleeping until 9) and make sub plans for my class in case I get stuck.

I think we should all just get our entire pregnancies free of other obligations. =(