October 2016 Moms
Options

#TBT 6.23.16

Thought it might be fun to do a throwback Thursday thread!  Let's post an old photo (or two), and then a story to go with it.

I'll go....

I did a hike in Sedona back in like 2012 with my ex and we hiked to Devil's Bridge:

Right before the hike, I found a baby bird in the parking lot.  We tried putting her back on a tree away from cars and danger, but she kept flying down to the street, and I was terrified she'd get run over.  So I took her with me on the hike:

Took her back to the airbnb we were staying at, and fed her chewed up cantaloupe (like a mommy birdie would!)  She slept on the lamp the entire night.  
We brought her back the following day to the parking lot we found her in and put her up in a tree where her mommy would find her....  I was so sad to say goodbye... and that was when I realized, I was ready to be a mommy! (it didn't happen with my ex despite a year or so of trying). When I split with my ex, I had given up the idea of having kids...

So fast forward to this year, I wasn't expecting to get KU... and now I am... and it takes me back to this moment in my life when I first realized I wanted to be a mom. :)

I named this birdie Pip Pip:

Re: #TBT 6.23.16

• Options
    @annabenanna I love this idea! I'll definitely be adding a post later tonight!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @annabenanna ... I instantly like you so much more now that I know you save random birds too :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bnsmith85, how could I not?  That birdie was the sweetest thing!

@books&icecream, girl you are looking SO TOUGH!  I would not mess with you in this pic!  It's such a great pic!
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid - Bambiiiiiiii!
  • Options
    @bnsmith85 I LOVE Halloween and Halloween costumes!!!  Love the shark week idea.  So funny, last year, we were at a Halloween Party and my best friend ended up meeting a guy from the Jamaican Bob Sled Team (well he was dressed up as one of them).. and they're still together up to today.  Told her if they got married, the wedding needs to be Halloween themed.  Also, i'm a little sad I probably will not be getting dressed up for Halloween this year.  
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited June 2016
    @annabenanna ... omg, I know! I'm so disappointed that Halloween is probably just going to be out of the question for me this year. If we end up being able to swing a costume this year, I think I'll dress as a pinata. I made a pinata shirt to wear while I was up at our corporate office for Theme Thursday/cinco de Mayo this year (I know, I'm a really professional boss lol) and my team loved it... so at least I know it'll go over well :)

Edited to delete the question I asked you b/c I re-read what you posted and got my answer :)
  • Options
    @sjo_thetwins I love 'stache glasses! I own some... Got them for my friend's bachelorette weekend years back :)
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi Amazing. My husband will die when he sees that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @LauraPCOS, I love the Laura-come-hither-look from when you were 24!  Also, I'm jealous you have a Black Friday tradition (or had one).  None of my friends ever wanna go.

@ignoscemihi , OMG, that is the BEST costume!!!  Did you crochet it?  knit it?  Teach me your ways!

• Options
    @ignoscemihi, OMG girl you go ALLLLLL out!  I'm so impressed!  And that Elvis costume?   Dayum!  Must start thinking of ideas for this year!  Are you gonna make one for the newborn too?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    @mrszoess Does your flamingo have a prominent place at all your holiday gatherings? 
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi he goes on the lawn LOL. we have two. we also live at the beach with a giant whale on our house so it sort of matches...maybe? 
  • Options
    hahaha @mrszoess that costume is my favorite!!! I would wear that every single year if I had it. 
  • Options
    mrszoess said:
    @ignoscemihi he goes on the lawn LOL. we have two. we also live at the beach with a giant whale on our house so it sort of matches...maybe? 
    If it weren't so, stranger danger, I'd say post a pic of your house whale lol... Sounds like a fun and interesting paint job! :)
  • Options
    lol @bnsmith85 inbox me I'll show you! and @spaceburger if it wasn't at the bottom of the ocean I would buy the baby a matching one ;) I wore it 5 years in a row!!!!