May 2016 Moms

Baby's First Vaccine Shots

2»

Re: Baby's First Vaccine Shots

• So Lucine is going in to get her second round of shots in 3 weeks. .  any STMs have any input on if the second round was as bad as the first round?  Lucine was SUPER fussy and grouchy for a week after her first set and I am not looking forward to round two...I want to be mentally prepared! :) 
  • babyfmama said:
    Did everyone's doctors recommend giving Tylenol before the shots? Mine didn't say anything and I'm wondering whether I should call and ask or just go for it?
    @babyfmama Mine specifically told us not to, I think @ayeshaohara touched on this in the FB group. It can actually weaken the vaccines, but not significantly. But no evidence that it will prevent a fever.
  • Loading the player...
  • LO had the Hep B at birth then the 2nd round at 1 month. No fever or fussiness.

Just had his 2 months yesterday, the oral and 2 shots in the legs. We nursed and cuddled all day. He was completely fine, just the usual fussiness. We kept checking for fevers, but it's 4am and we just got done with 1 MOTN feeding, still no fever.

I'm so glad his body is responding well because we have out of town guests here visit him.
  • Question - how long did everyone's LO's still have soreness? Ashlynn got her shots on Thursday - it's now Monday and she's still extra fussy and uncomfortable and just not her usual happy self.  When I mentioned we were having a rough day/weekend, someone said it might still be her shots?  Really?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 did you give her Tylenol at all at the time of the shots? If she seems like she's still in pain maybe try a dose? Our dr gave Tylenol right before the shots, and then had us do another dose that evening. She said to continue into the next day if he was still in pain, but ours didn't seem to need it. Maybe try a dose and see if that helps her settle?
  • @artteacher19 we did give her some tylenol a few hours later - and it helped.  The next day daycare called because she wasn't herself and suggested another dose of tylenol because she was visibly uncomfortable and miserable, it also helped.  She was fussy all weekend but chalked that up to running errands and family events...but today I'm home with her and she's unusually clingy and just miserable.  DH is hesitant giving her tylenol just for pain...but it's breaking my heart right now (not to mention I can't do anything including eat or pee because she instantly wakes up and starts crying if I put her down
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker