July 2016 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday 06/22

• Options
    AshGee18 said:
    My WTF is pregnancy insomnia right now. It's 5:20AM and I've been awake since 3AM. DEAR BODY GO THE EFF TO SLEEP! :'(
    Have you tried Benadryl or melatonin? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Been up since 1am, it's 0610. to make matter worst, dh has class today. He can't get out of it. He won't be home until after 8pm. 
    My mom has a Dr appt followed by PT.
    That means I am on child duty all day. I see a lot of Nick Jr in my future.
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    I will join you on the insomnia train. Last night it was 4:30-6:30 and today I've been up since before 6 and I didn't have to wake up for work for a few more hours. This is only making my last few weeks at work harder.. but I do see breakfast in my near future. 
  • Options
    benten24 said:
    AshGee18 said:
    My WTF is pregnancy insomnia right now. It's 5:20AM and I've been awake since 3AM. DEAR BODY GO THE EFF TO SLEEP! :'(
    Have you tried Benadryl or melatonin? 
    Ugh I thought melatonin was in the naughty list for pregos?? Have I been wrong this whole time?
  • Options
    I was told not to take melatonin while pregnant, just in case. I looked at the bottle the other day and it said you shouldn't take it while nursing, either.

I join everyone with the WTF insomnia. I know I slept last night, but it sure as hell didn't feel like it. I woke up still ragey from work yesterday and here I go, back at it again today. I'm so over this. I'm crabby as hell and convinced I really will be pregnant forever and will have to deal with everyone's dipshit questions for the rest of my pathetic small-planet life.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    The 'issue ' with melatonin  is that since isn't considered a herb (even though it's not), there is not official research regarding it and pregnancy and nursing.  There is some research that does say it crosses the placenta, but nothing that says what it does. Therefore there is no drug class for it.

Some providers argue that since it's the synthetic of the natural hormone, it's ok. Others are being cautious. 
  • Options
    Melatonin is also secrected naturally by the same gland that stimulates oxytocin release and therefore there's some minimal research that taking exogenous melatonin could cause contractions, but I've taken it every day of my pregnancy with no problems. 

Like pugs said, because it's homeopathic the FDA won't research it. 
  • Options
    Wtf to my tiny house that already feels like it's closing in on me.  Had to get up to pee a million times last night and I trip over out playststation 3 remote charging cord and pull the thing down on top of me.  Thankfully it fell on my back/shoulders not my head.  Though now my shoulder hurts and it took me forever to g back to sleep on to have to wake up an hours later for my alarm. *sigh*
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also having pelvic/crotch pain. I keep telling this little monkey she's living in there rent free so go easy on me but she seems stubborn lol
  • Options
    Insomnia ladies, I recommend the Benadryl. 
    My wtf is thinking that maybe my son had dropped because of all the pain in my vag and how it feels like he's been making a home in my hip joints, was excited because I didn't have heartburn, woke up heartburn.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• Options
    Major WTF to my husband. He's gone for two weeks and comes back grumpy, moody and short tempered...so we finally had a blow out (about what to have for dinner, FFS) and I squeezed out of him that he's depressed and thinks our life is so routine and boring that it's hardly worth living. Oh, and I'm a stick in the mud that doesn't ever want to do anything fun anymore, even our sex life is boring and routine. 

What the actual EFF, man. I am due in TWELVE DAYS. This is not the time to have a crisis. I am sympathetic to depression, I really am. I know it can be a struggle. But this is like the total opposite of what I need from him right now and i want to slap him upside the head for the amount of empathy he lacks to be bitching at me at 38 weeks that I'm boring and no fun and so is our sex life. Way to be a supportive partner.

I'm hoping it's just that he's worried/stressed out since we're so close to delivering. I'm not sure I can juggle everything like this plus a newborn on top of it. 
  • Options
    WTF to numb hands.  The past few weeks it has gotten progressively worse and I now have to wear wrist braces on both hands all day long. The doctor says fluid / swelling causes pressure which causes carpal tunnel.
    My hands literally feel like they are falling asleep anytime I don't have them resting flat on my arm rests of my chair and it hurts!  It's torture all day long.
  • Options
    @oandmplus1 yes!!!! I wake up in the middle of the night in pain from both of my wrists! I only have one brace, I guess I should invest in another. My mom suggested I wear mittens at night and that might ease the pain. I thought she was kinda crazy, plus it's way too hot but I tried it last night and it worked! I still have a little pain and soreness but definitely nothing like the pain I had the night before. 

I hope your pain eases up!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options

@erin7264 ewe I'm sorry. It sounds like your H is being a jerk right now.  What I've learned is that men can really be like delicate flowers...when men act in this kind of insensitive way, they are really just wanting to be heard. He probably is very nervous/anxious about the impending birth of your child, which will be life-changing, and he is thus lashing out at you. I'm not saying he's right but...

He says your sex life is boring? Suggest that you guys go pick out a new "toy" or go on an impromptu date night and flirt with him like you did when you first started dating.  Discuss someone who can be a reliable babysitter after LO is born so you can continue to have time away from the kid(s) in the future.

Reassure him that life doesn't have to be boring even with an infant. Do you plan to do baby-wearing? With the kid strapped to your chest, you can pretty much go about your business. Can you think of any new activities either you or your H have been wanting to try? Or new places nearby that you haven't visited yet? Try to imagine some fun FAMILY activities you will be able to do together as your kid grows. Gently remind him that you are severely pregnant now and thus you've been limited from doing some activities, but you are looking forward to doing more fun things again once you are no longer pregnant.

It sucks to be the better person sometimes but if you validate your H's feelings it will make him feel respected, and then he will be falling all over you in the next couple of days. Positive energy is contagious! Good luck, mama.

• Options
    @erin7264 Ugh that's no fun. Sounds like he's having a bit of a freak out. Honestly he might just feel better after getting it off his chest. Hopefully he can hold it together until the baby is born and the two of you can reconnect on a whole new, deeper level. 
  • Options
    erin7264erin7264 member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks, @rnyland1 and @LadyFleck. He apologized because he's been a jerk lately but he says he wants to figure out what the solution is to his problems on his own. It was just a slap in the face to me, because I feel like I've been a pretty good sport for the majority of this pregnancy, trying to stay active and come up with activities and maintain some sort of decent sex life even when I feel huge and uncomfortable and I'm not really into it. I even try to encourage him to go work on his hobbies independently, but he always says he has chores to do or that he should be spending time with me instead. It's difficult. I guess I just have to try even harder. 
  • Options
    @erin7264 I'm sorry you're dealing with that right now. Really hope things get better soon!
  • Options
    @HenchBytch I'm the same way. I told people I wasn't really into super frilly pink stuff and we have a ton of neutrals which is nice. There are some cute
    outfits but not a ton of overboard "girly" items. We did get this random ass outfit, I want to say it's 18 mos which I don't really understand why they thought we needed it, but it's this denim dress thing with a huge horse head on the side and these ugly pants. Why on earth they thought we'd want that I'll never know. 

My WTF is these pointless meetings we have every other week at work. We talk about things we've already discussed, then there are a select couple of women who will literally ask questions about something we JUST went over. 
  • Options
    @HenchBytch along the same lines as the overly girly/frilly stuff, I returned every single item people gifted us with a saying like "purrfect like mommy" or "adorable" and random cutesy animals...I'm more of a simple dresser myself and want the same for my daughter. 
  • Options
    @erin7264 sending some love your way!  Hope you guys get it worked out!
    July Siggy Challenge

• Options
    @erin7264 aw man I'm sorry to hear about you and hubby. What a stressful time to have this sort of conversation. Hopefully he just needed to express some word vomit and can climb back on the horse. Likewise if it's depression that he is facing hopefully he can find some solutions and include you in the process. Just keep doing what you're doing! 
  • Options
    Wtf blood pressure going crazy high today which has now led me to induction....
  • Options
    @austinjl good luck! i hope everything goes well!
  • Options
    Good Luck @austinjl !! Sending prayers for safe delivery!!
    July Siggy Challenge

• Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @austinjl Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @austinjl - good luck! 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options