Baby Names

Imogen

I am curious as to everyone's thoughts on this name. If you could, please give me your honest feedback. Thanks in advance! 

Re: Imogen

• It's nice. I'm personally neutral towards it. 
  • I like it!
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Thumbs up. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I love it!

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • I like it, but my brain gets a little tripped up on the pronunciation. 
  • It's cool on someone else's kid, but personally nms.
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • NMS personally, but it's a nice name.  Also uncommon which is nice.
  • This is one of those names I keep coming back to and want to love, but I just don't. I think I would be happy for someone else to use it, just not me. 
  • This is a gp name for me because I like it and think it's stunning, but I don't think I could ever use it myself. I'd love to hear someone use it though. 
  • I love Imogen.
  • This is one of those names I keep coming back to and want to love, but I just don't. I think I would be happy for someone else to use it, just not me. 
    This exactly.
    This exactly.
    Me three.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• A lot of people on here really like this name. But you asked for honest opinions, I really don't like the name at all. It reminds me of the band Imogene Heap, and doesn't sound like a girls name to me in the slightest.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I don't understand the appeal of this name. Makes me think of the word emoji, or imaging, and just doesn't sound like a name at all.
    BabyGaga
  • I want to like it, but for some reason I just can't. It's not terrible, offensive or made up so you've got that going for you.
  • A lot of people on here really like this name. But you asked for honest opinions, I really don't like the name at all. It reminds me of the band Imogene Heap, and doesn't sound like a girls name to me in the slightest.
    Imogen Heap isn't a bad, it's the name of the singer who is a woman.

I really like it as long as it's pronounced im-oh-jen.  Pretty :)
  • I really like Imogen, but it's definitely not a name that was on our list.
  • I'm with pp that it seems like a lot of people on this board love this name, but I just don't. There's nothing wrong with it, I just find it unappealing.
    Imogen Heap is the artist's name. 
    antoto said:
    A lot of people on here really like this name. But you asked for honest opinions, I really don't like the name at all. It reminds me of the band Imogene Heap, and doesn't sound like a girls name to me in the slightest.
    Imogen Heap isn't a bad, it's the name of the singer who is a woman.

I really like it as long as it's pronounced im-oh-jen.  Pretty :)
    Well I feel like an idiot....  :p
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • How do you say this name? I don't like the way it looks. Like em-o-gen ?? 
  • I don't like it and I don't know why.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • I think it sounds harsh.  It doesn't feel feminine in the least.
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• This was on my list but DH vetoed it. It wasn't one of my top 3 choices but I do like the name enough to have considered it for DD. If you love it, go for it. 
  • This might be weird, but all I hear is imagin' which is how people in the South pronounce "imaging." I worked near an imaging department so that might be why.
  • I like the name and have a positive association - as a child I loved the book The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and the character Imogen from that story. I haven't read it since I was a kid so not sure how it stands the test of time but it's what I thought of upon hearing the name. Good luck!
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    My honest opinion? I can't, for the life of me, understand this name's appeal. It sounds atrocious. It makes me think: emoji or imagine. And it just sounds so awkward and....yuck. Just no.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • jlea05 said:
    My honest opinion? I can't, for the life of me, understand this name's appeal. It sounds atrocious. It makes me think: emoji or imagine. And it just sounds so awkward and....yuck. Just no.
    I second this
  • I dont like it at all. It does not sound like a real name to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't like it. Just not a pretty sound.