July 2016 Moms

Weekend Bishfest

2»

Re: Weekend Bishfest

• Yesterday we played the prelabor game all night and all day until about 6pm. Barfing, not sleeping, cramping, the runs, back spams... All night. All day. Took random naps thinking it could be early labor and I might need the rest! Last night slept like a brick. This morning nothing. Sore from cramping all day yesterday, but nothing. WTAF?! And I have to go to work tomorrow? You've got to be joking!
  • Loading the player...
  • @LF93 I think your expectations are clear and completely reasonable. I also agree with @dolewhipper that it may be a good idea to not let anyone know you're even in labor until you're ready for visitors. If she truly wishes a sleepless night on her daughter after the long toil of labor, it's hard to imagine that she'd be looking out for your best or respect your wishes after your baby arrives. I'd definitely encourage you to not let the birth news "leak" until you are comfortable and ready for visitors.
  • LF93LF93 member
    @jen11797 The original plan had been not to tell anyone, I mentioned to her that unless it was an emergency no body would be informed until baby arrived. She didn't like that one bit so I told her I'd tell her and only her. I'm going to stick to the original plan, and like @dolewhipper said, she won't know until baby is already here. There always seems to be one family member who can't respect boundaries, very annoying. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • @TattoosandLace dh hasn't gotten his yet either... I'm about to act like his mother and just make an appointment for him and drive him there myself. 
  • @tattoosandlace my DH hasn't gotten it either.  He's actually the only one.  He also needs to reschedule his yearly appointment with his blood clot Doctor since its at the end of July.  I try not to think about any of it because it really just pisses me off.  
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • @TattoosandLace @megstervt I've been sure to remind people that they can get theirs at Walgreens and a lot of other pharmacies without an appointment when people have been putting it off. 
  • @TattoosandLace dh hasn't gotten his yet either... I'm about to act like his mother and just make an appointment for him and drive him there myself. 
    If he goes to any appointments with you maybe your OB can give him the Tdap. My OB's nurse gave DH's his. They just sent a bill home for it. Hope that helps. 
  • megstervt said:
    @TattoosandLace @megstervt I've been sure to remind people that they can get theirs at Walgreens and a lot of other pharmacies without an appointment when people have been putting it off. 
    But he's SSSOOOO busy at work.  And SSSOOO tired when he's home.  If I didn't love him I'd punch him 

I'd trick him into going to Walgreen's or somewhere with me and then just "remind" him to get it while there. Don't make promises you can't keep, buddy. 
  • When I want my husband to do shit and he puts it off, I just make him an appointment etc and then send him an outlook invite to his work calendar. No discussion, no nothing. 
  • @megstervt That is EXACTLY what I keep hearing from my husband. So freaking annoying!!! YOU HAVE TIME! He manages to find time to do ridiculous unimportant projects around the house! I told him it has to be done this week. We're all getting so close to these babies being here!! 
  • My husband texted his parents a few days ago telling them they need to get their tdap before the baby comes and their response was "Who is suggesting this?"....I'm sure they meant "is this Jessica's idea?". Ugh! My mom immediately said "ok" when I told her about it...his parents haven't responded since we told them the hospital and Doctor recommend it and sent them an article about what could happen if not...
    I have a nice video you can have them watch.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• Okay, so SUPER B!&$%y complaint post. Warning in advance. 

Had my baby shower today. This is my second, but I never had a baby shower for my first because we didn't tell people we were pregnant until he was born. (Long story and sore subject)

Anyways, my MIL threw me the shower at the request of my husband -- who was trying to make up for being a grumpy bugger for baby #1. My one request was that we not play the game where you see how much toilet paper if takes to fit around you. I am, and have always been, plus size, so the girth of my waist is a sore subject at all times. I tell me MIL this, my husband tells my MIL this -- would think all was covered. Low and behold, what game do you think she planned?? I'm not a boat rocker by nature, so we just played it.

This upset me less than something that is probably going to sound very petty. My MIL was saying my son (who is 7) should come so he can open the presents. My husband told her than it was fine, he would take him to the movies so he wouldn't be bored and that I really wanted to open and relish in my presents. To my surprise, a very out of town cousin showed up with her two kids -4 and 3. My MIL kept insisting the kids be involved in everything. Come present time, she wants the 3 year old to help which turns in to her basically ripping into all the presents. It was just difficult because I really wanted to take my time and open them and share them with the group -- not see a three year old tear them all open at a rate that was quite honestly overwhelming to me. But, I didn't feel like I could protest because my MIL was so insistent that the girl should help.

Anyways, this will probably be a very unpopular post because I probably sound like a spoiled child. And it probably wouldn't have bothered me as much were I not hormonaland pregnant and in the 8th month of a very high risk pregnancy where nothing went right. But now it's off my chest. Thanks, bumpies
  • Okay, so SUPER B!&$%y complaint post. Warning in advance. 

Had my baby shower today. This is my second, but I never had a baby shower for my first because we didn't tell people we were pregnant until he was born. (Long story and sore subject)

Anyways, my MIL threw me the shower at the request of my husband -- who was trying to make up for being a grumpy bugger for baby #1. My one request was that we not play the game where you see how much toilet paper if takes to fit around you. I am, and have always been, plus size, so the girth of my waist is a sore subject at all times. I tell me MIL this, my husband tells my MIL this -- would think all was covered. Low and behold, what game do you think she planned?? I'm not a boat rocker by nature, so we just played it.

This upset me less than something that is probably going to sound very petty. My MIL was saying my son (who is 7) should come so he can open the presents. My husband told her than it was fine, he would take him to the movies so he wouldn't be bored and that I really wanted to open and relish in my presents. To my surprise, a very out of town cousin showed up with her two kids -4 and 3. My MIL kept insisting the kids be involved in everything. Come present time, she wants the 3 year old to help which turns in to her basically ripping into all the presents. It was just difficult because I really wanted to take my time and open them and share them with the group -- not see a three year old tear them all open at a rate that was quite honestly overwhelming to me. But, I didn't feel like I could protest because my MIL was so insistent that the girl should help.

Anyways, this will probably be a very unpopular post because I probably sound like a spoiled child. And it probably wouldn't have bothered me as much were I not hormonaland pregnant and in the 8th month of a very high risk pregnancy where nothing went right. But now it's off my chest. Thanks, bumpies
    I would be sooooo upset about both! You made yourself clear about a stupid game-- there are 100s of other games she could have chosen. And the present thing!! I had my niece and nephew there and they "helped" but I made them stop and do one at a time and it was only the little things. I'm sorry they ruined it for you! I wish someone would have said something! 

• @jlmartinez517 wtf to "who is suggesting this"! I hope your husband said this was a family decision! I hate that! Who cares, it's a decision we made deal with it. I agree with showing them the vid of the baby with the whooping cough maybe they'll see how serious this is. I'm sorry they're not supportive.
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• In laws have known since early May that they need a tdap booster in order to see LO. No one has acknowledged it. No one has told me they went and got it. About the post a FB post/text message that says "if you don't have an updated tdap (within the past 24 months) you can't get on the L&D floor."

Wait, it needs to be within 2 years? Yikes, I thought they were good longer than that. Might need to ask our parents to go get theirs updated (they had them before DS who is 3.5).
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Seriously @Kellyj103 @DominiqueU I'm so over his family. And I don't doubt for a second that they've also reached out to Tom's cousin who is a nurse and other cousin who is a doctor, just to verify that this request is actually valid. They're most likely not responding now because they feel like assholes because it is a valid and serious request, which I seriously hope they do! I already don't want them at the hospital when I deliver - I'd rather have visitors come to our house once we're home, and this is giving me fuel to that fire to say you can't come to the hospital if you don't have the shot.
  • In laws have known since early May that they need a tdap booster in order to see LO. No one has acknowledged it. No one has told me they went and got it. About the post a FB post/text message that says "if you don't have an updated tdap (within the past 24 months) you can't get on the L&D floor."

Wait, it needs to be within 2 years? Yikes, I thought they were good longer than that. Might need to ask our parents to go get theirs updated (they had them before DS who is 3.5).
    My OB said that after 3 years 3/4 of the people who got tdap vaccine don't have the pertussis immunity any more so she recommends 2 years. 

My OB said that after 3 years 3/4 of the people who got tdap vaccine don't have the pertussis immunity any more so she recommends 2 years. 
    Good to know, thank you!  We'll get that taken care of, then.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Shit I thought it was 5 years. I know they only require it every ten, but I told people that if they haven't had it in the last 5 years then they had to get it again. That's what I thought my doc said...now I question...
  • TiffRox81 said:
    I'd just like to say pack and plays with newborn attachments must require a degree in engineering to assemble. Typically between my husband and I we've put everything together with little issues. This Graco DLX is getting the best of us. And our dreams of "traveling" with it are out of the question until we're ready to ditch the attachments!!! We've had to resort to watching YouTube videos!!!
    My husband started the project about 3 weeks ago and it is still sitting in our dining room half assembled lol. I was told we are not bringing it anywhere ever haha
  • TiffRox81 said:
    I'd just like to say pack and plays with newborn attachments must require a degree in engineering to assemble. Typically between my husband and I we've put everything together with little issues. This Graco DLX is getting the best of us. And our dreams of "traveling" with it are out of the question until we're ready to ditch the attachments!!! We've had to resort to watching YouTube videos!!!
    My husband started the project about 3 weeks ago and it is still sitting in our dining room half assembled lol. I was told we are not bringing it anywhere ever haha
    My dh is so good about putting this kind of crap together. He says it is super easy.
    I have to remind him that he is an engineer.
  • @Schmooie730 @hreed7289  I'm glad we're not alone!!!! Hahaha @BecauseBabyIamAPug Hiw close is your husband to Nor California?! LOL
  • TiffRox81 said:
    @Schmooie730 @hreed7289  I'm glad we're not alone!!!! Hahaha @BecauseBabyIamAPug Hiw close is your husband to Nor California?! LOL
    GA! How ever, DH has family is Malibu and his mother home base is AZ but has tons of clients in 'wine country'. 
  • @TiffRox81 @BecauseBabyIamAPug maybe we all should have met at wine country and had Pugs hubs help us out! We haven't even opened ours! Still recovering from an unfortunately incident at ikea. Scared to see how long it will take us to put together the pack n play!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• @TiffRox81 I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled to put the pack n play together. Graco has the worst instruction manuals ever. I have watched YouTube videos for every single product we have from them. I was so frustrated by the pack n play that my husband came home to find me sitting on the floor, crying, and surrounded by parts for all of the attachments. 
  • H was out of town the weekend I bought the pack n play. I put it together by myself. I almost started crying. Once I got it together I took it down. Watching H trying to put it back together was hilarious. 
  • Man, I wish I had known graco was so difficult, I wouldn't have even opened the damn thing and gotten a different brand lol. My husband has given himself a deadline of the 25th to put it together