July 2016 Moms

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...

• DD gets called "the toddler" and more often than not that gets shortened to "the Todd." Like I will ask DH if he will unbuckle the Todd from the car.
    Reminds me of "Scrubs" and the character The Todd lol
  • All these posts about writing thank you cards keeps reminding me to go buy stamps so I can finally mail mine out... oops.
  • KASGKASG member
    I am determined to make a trip (to my hometown, where my mother and other family is) at week 37. And if we have the baby there, I don't see that as a big deal. Or, she could just wait the 3 more weeks til her due date!!
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• All these posts about writing thank you cards keeps reminding me to go buy stamps so I can finally mail mine out... oops.

I can do you one better... Mine are written, in the envelopes, and I have stamps. What am I waiting for? I didn't have everyone's addresses from the guest list. I wrote them the very next day and they have been sitting on my coffee table for over a month. I even went the extra mile and wrote legit personalized notes inside, not just generic "thanks for the ____" ones. I was feeling over-achievy that day. At this rate, I might as well save them and mail them with a birth announcement! 
  • So I just took a stool in the shower and took way longer than I needed to just to relax and have a bit of quiet time while DH stayed with the kids. 
    Not sorry at all because the warm water felt so good. Didn't even feel bad when I heard DS crying a bit, so worth it 
  • erin7264 said:
    All these posts about writing thank you cards keeps reminding me to go buy stamps so I can finally mail mine out... oops.

I can do you one better... Mine are written, in the envelopes, and I have stamps. What am I waiting for? I didn't have everyone's addresses from the guest list. I wrote them the very next day and they have been sitting on my coffee table for over a month. I even went the extra mile and wrote legit personalized notes inside, not just generic "thanks for the ____" ones. I was feeling over-achievy that day. At this rate, I might as well save them and mail them with a birth announcement! 
    I hate writing thank you cards but I refuse to write generic ones. They are always thoughtful and personalized. That's why it took 9 months for my wedding thank you's to go out. Oops
  • LadyFleck said:
    I hate writing thank you cards but I refuse to write generic ones. They are always thoughtful and personalized. That's why it took 9 months for my wedding thank you's to go out. Oops

Some of the people I honestly barely know - they were friends of my mom's that she really wanted to invite for her sake, I guess. They definitely aren't people I would have put on the guest list, in fact I have one card with no name on it because I don't even know the couple's first names. A little awkward for me but it made her happy so whatevs!
  • LadyFleck said:
    erin7264 said:
    All these posts about writing thank you cards keeps reminding me to go buy stamps so I can finally mail mine out... oops.

We got married in Sept and I'm still sending out thank you cards. Actually I sent some of them out with my shower cards... I suck at etiquette apparently. 
  • We had to get ours out to avoid sending thank you cards along with baby shower invites.