July 2015 Moms

A year ago!!!

Happy and blessed Sunday mamas! So Since our babies are almost 1 and I'm a bit emotional because it has flown so fast but excited :blush:  lol I decided to do a thread of what were you mamas doing exactly a year ago!? 

A year ago I was definitely preparing for his big arrival! Definitely around this time I was washing his clothes and putting it in place! I also started cleaning because I knew as the day arrived, I did not want to clean lol also I was eating a lot!!!! And I think the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy I had a little heartburn. 

Feel free to share mamas! :smiley: 

Re: A year ago!!!

• A year ago I was already having contractions and visiting the hospital at least once a week, thinking that it was time, or just getting monitored. It turned out the day after I started my induction that LO wasn't engaging properly. I truly believe that if she had been, she would have shown up a month early!
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • A year ago I was going on walks daily praying I would speed up her coming! Lol I remember she had dropped and my back no longer hurt! I was so happy my back didn't hurt. I remember being hot too...Houston summer!
  • Loading the player...
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    Yes!!! In Middle of the night I would wake up so hot!! And I have to admit, I think my hormones are still like this because I get really hot sometimes lol
  • This time last year I was having my second baby shower (colleagues threw it). Luckily, I wasn't experiencing too many awful pregnancy symptoms at that point... But a few weeks later I started getting swollen feet and ankles. I was perusing photos in my phone and came across a picture I took one night after work... Hilarious... Sausage toes and cankles! Lol

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• n3na94 said:
    Yes!!! In Middle of the night I would wake up so hot!! And I have to admit, I think my hormones are still like this because I get really hot sometimes lol
    Me too!! I swear I'm hot all the time and I used to be cold all the time. 
  • I was having a Harry potter marathon because I was on bed rest haha I miss my sleep all day life :P 
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    AziaNick said:
    I was having a Harry potter marathon because I was on bed rest haha I miss my sleep all day life :P 
    Lol and getting spoiled by everyone!! Lol :wink: 
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    AziaNick said:
    ... I miss my sleep all day life :P 
    I really missed this part of pregnancy. I am a horrible sleeper, but while pregnant I was able to even take naps.

A year ago I had started to get my baby out of me. lol. My mother was coming for a visit and I wanted to make sure my momma could meet my LO. And of course... my girly decided to come out the day after my mom got home. I was trying to do squats, walk a few miles around our small town, bouncing, ect. My butt was tired. 
  • This time last year I was working full time and staying out of the Texas heat. Also I was getting together his nursery and any little odds and ends that were needing. It's crazy how fast time has gone!
  • This time last year, I was so well - rested, dewey faced, and naive!! I ate really well (three full meals) and drank a gallon of water every day. My husband and I spent our days holding each other and feeling my belly. 

These days, I am always hungry and sooo thirsty! I live off the crackers my baby feeds me (premasticated by her), leftover yogurt, and whatever puree I can suck out of her food pouch before it goes in the trash. I try to drink water but always seem to set my glass down and lose it. My husband and I still rub each other -- but it's to relieve the backache we have now from toting our 20 lb tyke around, not necessarily romantic. 

Yet from then to now... This has definitely been the best year! My little angel is asleep right next to me. I could go get something to eat or drink, but I would rather stay here and watch her sleep. 

I've learned so much in a year. :)