July 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options
    @PootsDragon I totally get the etiquette of thank you notes and all but I feel apathetic about cards in general. For my wedding it made sense because I didn't open gifts in front of people so then I thanked everyone via card. For the shower I'm still doing it but most of these people I saw and genuinely thanked for their gift in person when I opened it, so then sending a card reiterating the sentiment seems like a waste of paper to me. I'm totally grateful for the gifts we received, I personally just don't find thank you notes to be all that genuine feeling. 
  • Options
    @elenabrent YES on the no to zoo's. I feel more hatred toward circuses but zoo's, and animal parks are climbing high up there....places like SeaWorld. I'm all for open space areas that have been set aside for the animals to live more like their natural habitat and definitely wouldn't knock rehabilitation. If I have it my way, my kid will never attend a circus!! Maybe that's a FFFC.....who knows. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PhoebeJune1984 Thankfully our nursery/gear is pretty neutral and we have quite a few clothes that would work for either sex.  I know my husband and I would be thrilled to have a 'surprise' boy, even though we are already thrilled and invested in plans for the daughter we've been told we are having.  He would take it easier than I would, only because I plan for things and then REALLY hold on to those plans with every fiber of my being (because of way deeper mental/emotional issues). I think I will be able to bond with the baby either way, but any 'change of plans' sends me into temporary freak out mode and I worry about the hormone-change compounded on that will send me on a post-partum spiral for something that really isn't a huge deal.  
  • Options
    I am so far behind at work that it's not funny. 

To top it off, my mom sent me a text that they had to put the family dog down last night due to cancer. The text just made me even more de-motivated than before, so here I sit bumping instead.

Something tells me I'm not getting anything else done before the workday is over and I currently give zero effs about it.
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    @jwittwer I'm so sorry about your family dog.  I think that's a valid excuse to mentally check out for the day.
  • Options
    @jwittwer I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of the family dog. Losing a pet is never easy. 
  • Options
    @jwittwer I'm so sorry about your dog. That's terrible. I wouldn't be productive either. Also it's Friday. You deserve to have your work cut you a break.
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @jwittwer I am so sorry to hear about your family pet. Can't blame you for being distracted. We're in the same boat right now with one of ours. It's definitely a real mood killer and has made my work hours less of a priority in my mind. 
  • Options
    @jwittwer Sorry about your family dog! You deserve to be totally checked out 
  • Options
    @jwittwer You have my permission to be done for the day. Hugs, lady.
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 I see no reason to update them... lol, then again I'm a cheap a$$.  
  • Options
    @jwittwer so sorry about your dog! :( 
  • Options
    @jwittwer so sorry you have had such a difficult week :( 
  • Options
    @jwittwer sorry about your dog. :(
  • Options
    Nerdchild said:
    @PhoebeJune1984 Thankfully our nursery/gear is pretty neutral and we have quite a few clothes that would work for either sex.  I know my husband and I would be thrilled to have a 'surprise' boy, even though we are already thrilled and invested in plans for the daughter we've been told we are having.  He would take it easier than I would, only because I plan for things and then REALLY hold on to those plans with every fiber of my being (because of way deeper mental/emotional issues). I think I will be able to bond with the baby either way, but any 'change of plans' sends me into temporary freak out mode and I worry about the hormone-change compounded on that will send me on a post-partum spiral for something that really isn't a huge deal.  
    Oh I totally get that. That is what my friend went through, because she had "bonded" with this girl that she was having, and picturing their future together, and then was handed a boy. She said even though she was happy with a boy as well, she kind of had to mourn the loss of that girl that she was expecting (and that future she had envisioned), and picture a little boy in that place. She also said that the hardest part, was going through that process while going through the hormone changes, and that if she found out towards the end of the pregnancy (instead of at birth), she thinks she would have had an easier time making the mental mind change when she didn't have to deal with all of the L&D/postpartum hormones that were raging. 
    @stellaluna14 same! And now that I'm a teacher with a school email address I will never have to give it up!
  • Options
    @LF93 My nanny kids preschool went back to work like 3.5 weeks or so after having a c-section. I have no idea how she did that, but she had to come back. She didn't have enough time built to take any additional time off, since she had just started the position in the middle of her pregnancy. I was shocked when I saw her back already. 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    @schaze That is annoying. I sure as hell wouldn't go to her shower and bring her a gift if she responded like that. My husband's cousin is getting married July 9th, and I am scheduled for a RCS on the 21st. I really could go into labor before then, but we RSVP'ed "yes" and then I sent her a message and let her know that we would love to come, but that obviously there is a chance things could change if I go into labor early or I am still in (or just getting out) of the hospital. Her response was just to say that she completely understood, hoped that we would be able to make it, and that she couldn't want to snuggle our new baby. Either way, we will send a wedding gift whether we are there or not, but if she would have come at me with a bitchy attitude, she would have got nothing. 
    HMcDade1 said:
    If your post/response is longer than my iPhone 6 Plus screen and I have to scroll to read it all, it does not get read.. Completely bypass those every time. 
    Here here!

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• Options
    FFFC: I've never opened the Names thread. I feel like names are a personal decision and I think reading everyone's opinions on everyone else's names would annoy me. And I didn't want the yellow notification staring me in the face every time someone posted. I'm a bad person for not wanting to participate but I'm confident you all will love the names you end up with. 
  • Options
    @KASG great minds think alike!! 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    @jwittwer Sorry about your dog. 
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @jwittwer - I'm so sorry about the loss of your dog :( My parents had to put down their dog in October and it was hard enough then without the pregnancy hormones raging. I really hope next week is better for you!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    MamaBishMamaBish member
    edited June 2016
    My confession: I've been silencing my phone calls at work all week. I don't get phone calls too often to begin with, but I really am not in the mood to answer lately. Then, a call came in from one of my favorite locations, so I answered hoping it was one of my favorite people that work there. It was.

Oh, and the voicemails they are leaving? Those will be checked at 4:55.
    This is my normal MO. I don't talk on the phone and it's totally normal for my work voicemail to be full. My boss is well aware. Whatever.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Hugs @jwittwer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015