September 2016 Moms

June Randoms Thread

Re: June Randoms Thread

• @camichael84 Thank you! I was feeling REALLY confused....
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • RedMarRedMar member
    @lovelylauren86 oh my that is scary! We recently had to invest in sliding door child proofing because he figured out the lock on the glass and the screen  :o  I was making dinner last week and it got really quiet in the other room. Low and behold he's on the 2nd story deck. Makes me nauseous just thinking about it!
  • SLou24SLou24 member
    Just scrolling through all of this and could NOT figure out what the heck I was missing. Now I get it. 

MUD. 

Also, does that make anyone else sing the Mud song in their head? I'm over here singing "Mud, mud, I love mud! I'm absolutely positively wild about mud!" Although I'm pretty sure that song might just be a Maine thing since it's a guy that sings it that's been around in Maine since I was growing up. @AnnaS930 you've gotta know what I'm talking about! 
  • @SLou24 - I just got SUPER excited thinking "IS SHE TALKING ABOUT RICK CHARETTE?!"  You are my hero today.  Actually - and I'm tearing up a bit, I loved him growing up. We took Emmett to LLBean for New Years the year he was born (They do a countdown at 6pm for kids with fireworks) and Rick Charette plays.. so it was Emmett's first concert too (at 2 weeks old).  I love sharing things from my childhood with him.. now he's seen him a couple of times, and I always have a bigger smile on my face than most of the kids in the audience!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mom2adoodle Oh wow. I would not be happy about that either. I hope your NMW has a good reason why it was never mentioned, because that is definitely not cool.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SLou24SLou24 member
    @AnnaS930 Yes!! I love him so much. I still go home for the Christmas Tree Lighting in Portland on Thanksgiving weekend most years, and he always performs, and I swear my best friend and I are also more excited than any kids in the crowd! It's just so nostalgic, and I can't believe he's still around! The New Years thing at LL Bean sounds awesome, we may have to check that out one year now that we'll have a kiddo! 

And congrats on your fridge getting there in time for the BBQ... woo hoo!! 
  • @SLou24 - That's awesome.  If you're up around Thanksgiving/Christmas this year and want to meet up (It's a ways away, I might scare you away before then) would be awesome to get the babies together!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SLou24SLou24 member
    @AnnaS930 Yes that sounds awesome :) But who knows, I might scare you away before then too! 
  • For those confused, I'll be the one to come out and say it... it's the TMI thread.
    That's exactly who I thought it was initially. I thought people said it was a certain lucky number times 3? 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @mom2adoodle - Wow. I guess my first thought is (especially if it's the person you regularly see and they know you and your history) maybe they didn't think it was a concern, all things considered. I can certainly understand being worried and frustrated though. They should have at least mentioned it to you. Thinking of you!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Curious about L&D policies on eating/drinking during labor...does it depend on the hospital? What is the policy at your hospital?
  • For those confused, I'll be the one to come out and say it... it's the TMI thread.
    That's exactly who I thought it was initially. I thought people said it was a certain lucky number times 3? 
    I think some people thought that, but that poster was a regular previously that is just coming back in.

• @camichael84 - I had Arby's for dinner, then snacked on PB Monster trail mix for a good chunk of the night. My system retaliated this morning.. I even considered applying a swipe or two of Boudreaux's Butt Paste.. but it was in the nursery and E was still asleep.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sbrown721 said:
    Curious about L&D policies on eating/drinking during labor...does it depend on the hospital? What is the policy at your hospital?
    It may depend on the hospital. Mine only allows broth, popcicles, and jello during labor.

My labor went to fast to have any of that, though. I was hungry briefly before I started feeling the urge to push. Once we got to the pushing stage, I wasn't hungry again for hours after the birth. It was actually funny because the nurse was desperately trying to get me into their system for real food for about an hour. She was convinced I must be starving, but I was so high on adrenaline still that I wasn't the least bit hungry. 

• @AnnaS930 That is exactly why I keep a thing of Tucks pads around all the time. Things seriously have never been the same with my bum since giving birth. New fear... it can't actually get worse after a second birth, can it!?

• Sbrown721 said:
    Curious about L&D policies on eating/drinking during labor...does it depend on the hospital? What is the policy at your hospital?
    I think it may also depend on your doctor, at least that's what they told us on the tour. They keep clear liquids and the foods mentioned above and told us the doctor would decide if you could have anything. Probably different policies in different places.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Jello during labor?! I really can't imagine wanting that!
  • @Sbrown721 - I think it depends on what part of labor you're at, aka how active it is. They want to limit intake of fluids mostly incase you end up needing urgent care (ie a C-section requiring sedation).  I was admitted to the hospital around 10am, had a lunch tray delivered around noon as I was able to walk around through the contractions and was only a few CM dilated.  I didn't ask for food beyond that, and probably would have been denied, but baby was here by 8pm that same night and I never considered eating anyway.. I only had a nibble or two of the lunch tray they sent me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sbrown721 said:

Eat! Regardless of the policy. Obviously don't have a steak dinner but you need to eat to keep your strength up. My labor was quick but by the time it was over and I was settled in my room, I hadn't eaten for like 12 hours and all that was available to me by then was vending machine food.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sbrown721- It depends on the hospital/center, but I believe that most hospitals do not allow eating (not sure about drinking) in the L&D for several reasons. I think one reason in particular is related to Cesareans, which makes total sense to me, but don't quote me on that.

Birthcenters and clinics that are not housed in hospitals and cater to only low-risk births have different rules regarding it, mine encourages eating if hungry but not after a particular stage of labor. 

@LizC216 OH A BATH! How I would ADORE a bath! My nurse recommended an epsom salt bath too for the magnesium but I haven't had had one yet... and don't know where my salts are. :/ They're probably expired by now anyway. (Does that stuff expire?)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mom2adoodle Hopefully everything turns out just fine and the extra monitoring turns out to be nothing more than some extra ultrasounds and sneak peeks at baby!

@Sbrown721 My hospital doesn't allow much of anything to eat during labor.  In fact, when in our birthing class, the nurse instructor made it a point to tell us to eat before we came to the hospital otherwise we'd be waiting a loooong time.  Of course, she recommended no dairy / nothing heavy - clear liquids, soup, etc.

My hunger experience after labor was the opposite of @camichael84.  I was RAVENOUS!  I woke up with contractions at 4:30am, was undoubtedly, officially in labor by 7am and DD was born shortly before 4pm.  On the way to the hospital, I had half a bowl of oatmeal (eating during contractions is not easy) but, otherwise, had had nothing since dinner the night before.  After DD was born (and I snuggled and gushed over her for an appropriate amount of time), my first question was when I could eat.  When I got my grilled chicken and vegetables, it was the best meal I had ever tasted.  I told the nurse that.  She just laughed and said she didn't think she'd ever heard anyone say that before, haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am doing a home birth with a midwife, doula, and fiance. I truly hope to follow my birth plan, but I fully understand that things can change and I may need to go to the hospital and I am open to that...just wanted to see what the rules were there. 

My fiance jokes that he's going to have a glass of wine ready for me after delivery, but I honestly don't think I'd even want it!
  • Sbrown721 said:
    Jello during labor?! I really can't imagine wanting that!
    I don't know... one of my SILs had an 18 hour labor, and they gave her jello. She said it was the best jello she's ever eaten. 

• started watching Catastrophe last night. HAAAA its pretty good!!!!!!! @AnnaS930
  • ENJOY LADIES!

Fwd: $.79 Medium Frozen Lemonade or Frozen Limeade @ SONIC! Must mention. Excludes iced&flavors. Tax&add-ins extra. 6/30 only. HELP/STOP call 8447887525
  • Update/Rant/Yay, I can grow 'em post ahead:

I just saw my MFM and had my U/S. I've been wondering how big these two are measuring because, with how I'm feeling and growing, I've been assuming that they're are going to be at least 7 pound babies. I'll preface the next part by saying I generally assume the babies weigh less than what they're measuring, just from my experience with Robert & Elleanore.

However, Oliver is measuring at about 5 lbs. 5 oz. While Josephine is measuring at about 4 lbs. 5 oz. Now here's my rant....when the U/S tech measured Oliver's belly, it measured 35 weeks 5 days. And she says "That's a fat baby!". Ok look lady. I'm hormonal, I'm a little blue, I'm super sensitive and super protective and you want to tell me my baby is fat?? I'm already sensitive to that word because I've been overweight my entire life and people can be very cruel. But whatever. Screw you. 

Sadly enough, I also told DH not to tell his parents that both babies are measuring big and that I wasn't going to be telling my parents. I just know that comments and jokes (no matter how innocent they're meant to be) will follow and I can't deal with it.

So now I'll be seeing my MFM every week versus once a month. He's concerned about how I'm feeling and I told him I was more concerned with what the ramifications are for these babies! I mean, he pointed out that I actually have the equivalent of a full term baby in me right now (nine and a half pounds of baby!!) and how stretched my uterus is. His concern it seems is pre-term labor. So now it's got me worried. I never thought I'd actually have a problem since I carried Robert and Elleanore to 37+5. But they were also never this big so early. 

My take away was, if I go into labor within the next 4 weeks, they'll try and stop labor. But if I go into labor after that, they more than likely won't stop it. Eeeek. Cue me getting nervous....

• @UnwritteN12 I will be thinking of you and your babies! I hope that they stay nice and comfy in there for a while!

and people can be so thoughtless :/ I'm sorry about the tech
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @UnwritteN12  sorry people can be so insensitive! I have struggled with my weight most of my life and we have a rule in our house: the word "fat" is never used (also "idiot" and "stupid"). It is such an ugly word and really should be removed from peoples vocabulary. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Thanks for all the support, ladies! 

@UnwritteN12 Oh boy, I am so sorry the tech was insensitive. I'm more in awe and amazed that your body can make not one but TWO healthy babies that are clearly thriving in there. So you're obviously doing something right! I'm sure they'll come when they're meant to come but I get it's worrisome. But let's hope your body continues stretching and accommodating those little ones! That stretch/gain is just helping them live :)
  • toimadness1toimadness1 member
    edited June 2016
    @UnwritteN12 hopefully those little ones will stay put for a good while. Try not to let the tech's insensitivity get to you. I know lots of people who think it's a compliment to call babies fat. I don't agree! Also can't weight measurements in utero be off by quite a bit? 
  • @UnwritteN12 I'm so sorry about that! Your babies are perfect  :)
  • jbscmamajbscmama member
    edited June 2016
    stuck in a box! 
    @UnwritteN12 What a rude tech! Hope they will stay in awhile and it sounds like you're doing everything right. You have this twin thing down! 

Also about baths....I LOVE baths and have taken one almost every night for years and years....I've still been doing it (just not as hot) and its soooo enjoyable on my hips and aching back...highly recommend! My favorite combo is lavender bath salts and lavender bubble bath, so relaxing. Getting out of it is going to get harder though, haha.