June 2015 Moms

24 month vs 2t clothes

I want to grab some clothes on sale or clearance for the future. This is driving me crazy. What is the difference between 24m and 2t?  Would they typically wear 24m first and then 2t or are they pretty similar?  

Thanks

Re: 24 month vs 2t clothes

• They're pretty similar, but 2t do run a little bit bigger. Our ds was in 24 months a while before moving up to 2t. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are in 24 months now lol some size 2 fit too, size 2 are a little bigger 
  • Loading the player...
  • Beats me!  I wish all the brands would get their sizes all the same...I can't keep track of what fits DD in a certain size/brand and not in another.
  • mindaamindaa member
    The Old Navy size chart has 24 months as fitting 27-30 pounds and 2T as fitting 30-33 pounds. 

I hadn't even noticed yet that those were two different sizes, so wonky. (and the grandmas are already so confused by baby clothes sizing that this is really going to give them a headache)

Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• 2T length is longer 
    that's the only difference. 
    Like other posters have said each brand is annoyingly different ! 
  • Typically the difference is that 24 month usually accounts for a diaper, so the butt area is usually a little bigger. 
    2T is usually a little smaller in the butt BC it doesn't have the extra room for a diaper. 

I I read a really lengthy article about it once when my disgusted was younger. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Typically the difference is that 24 month usually accounts for a diaper, so the butt area is usually a little bigger. 
    2T is usually a little smaller in the butt BC it doesn't have the extra room for a diaper. 

I I read a really lengthy article about it once when my disgusted was younger. 
    Whoah!  Mind blown.