Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Do you and your SO have a song?

Re: GTKY: Do you and your SO have a song?

• Options
    Our song is "we fell in love in a hopeless place" by Rihanna. It was a monster hit when we started dating and it fit us. Neither of us expected our relationship to become what it was because of the circumstances of being in foreign countries. 
    that was what we walked out of wedding ceremony to. Our wedding song was "wanted" by hunter Hayes. One of the only ones we could agree on! :lol: 
    our other favorite song is "somebody I used to know" by gyote. I don't care that it's a break up dog, it's our favorite song to sing together! We both really belt it out together. Haha
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @whiska our first dance was to "The Luckiest," too!  I've always loved that song, but we chose it as our wedding song because of the line at the beginning that says, "now I know all the wrong turns and stumbles and falls brought me here."  We've both been through a lot in relationships, and we took a lot of winding turns in life before we found each other, so that line has some special meaning to us.

We also love "This Gift" by Glen Hansard and "Make You Better" by The Decemberists.
  • Options
    This is going to sound super cheesy, but I promise it's not! H actually writes and records his original music, so he wrote me a song when we were dating. He recorded it to play for the wedding.
    Oh my gosh, dying! That is amazing and not cheesy at all! I've always wanted someone who could sing to me, but DH only sings screamo music, that would not be romantic lol
  • Options
    This is going to sound super cheesy, but I promise it's not! H actually writes and records his original music, so he wrote me a song when we were dating. He recorded it to play for the wedding.
    Oh my gosh, dying! That is amazing and not cheesy at all! I've always wanted someone who could sing to me, but DH only sings screamo music, that would not be romantic lol
    Haha! No, screamo would definitely not be romantic. ;)
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    whiskawhiska member
    edited June 2016
    @MonaLisaRalphio  That's amazing, because that's the one line that didn't ring so true for us, because I was DH's first girlfriend and I had two boyfriends before him but you know, high school boyfriends...

It's cool that the song works for us both though!  So lucky! :smiley: 
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    We have 3 

1) The first song he sang to me was I'll Follow You by Shinedown.  He was actually super upset I wouldn't let him pick this one for our first dance at the wedding.
    2) The acoustic version of Latch by Sam Smith. I was equally mad when he wouldn't let me pick this one for our first dance.
    3) Our actual first dance song was Beside You by Mariana's Trench. He sang to me while we were dancing and I cried like a baby. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• Options
    The song we danced to at our wedding was "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. H still gets emotional when it comes on. 

We did an anniversary dance at our wedding too and it was to "Must Be Doin' Somethin' Right" by Billy Currington. That has kind of become our song too. 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    TheJerilu said:
    Haha! No, screamo would definitely not be romantic. ;)
    HEY MAN, HIGH SCHOOL ME BEGS TO DIFFER.  #takingbacksunday4life
    Hahaha! I feel like we are sisters from another mister! I'm actually going to see TBS on June 11th  ;) And I also was about to comment on your siggy. Sam Tarly, adorable!
  • Options
    Our song is "The best things happen while your dancing" by Danny Kay. It's from the 1954 film, "White Christmas". We met in high school at a swing dance club so the lyrics just fit right and its our favorite movie together. We made it our wedding song.  <3

Me: 28  DH:30
    Together since: May 2005
    Married: June 2015
    TTC #1 with IVF & PDG/S (reduce the chance of our child being born with Nager Syndrome)

• Options

DoctorDonna said:
    Our first dance was "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" by Elvis Presley. DH told me that he had that song on repeat on his drive over to pick me up before he proposed. I thought it was so sweet and really meant a lot to me. We were going to dance to "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran, but too many people were using it and it was overplayed. We changed our minds and wanted to choose something timeless, that meant a lot to us.
    Our current song is "I Just Had Sex" by Lonely Island...because we're 12. Lol! I started playing it after we'd BD as a joke. DH thought it was hilarious and started requesting it. Lol! 

DH and I have both turned on this song after HIO on multiple occasions! And of course you can't just "sing" the lyrics, you have to Belt.Them.Out!!! :D  We will never grow up!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @DoctorDonna @SienaC I want to do that after our next "relations". Hopefully he isn't too tired from the last week. 
  • Options
    Ahh we don't have a song but at least H and our puppy do! :#
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    DH and I danced to Steady as we go by Dave Matthews Band. DMB is my favorite band and it was the perfect wedding song :) 
  • Options
    TPupTPup member

@aliciagoose YAS! to all of that!! We saw Garth when he came to town awhile ago. He did 7 sold out shows here. It was AMAZING.

For me our song is "I'll Roll Up" by Wiz Khalifa. It was a huge hit the summer we officially started dating.

Our 1st dance was George Straight "One Night at a Time".

Our entrance song was "Ignition Remix" by R. Kelly. hahaha!

• Options
    @TPup I'm going to see him in July! I am so excited. I've been waiting for him to come around since he announced he was touring again. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    This is so funny! Since I had so much control over our wedding, I asked if DH wanted to pick the song we danced too. He ended up picking a song called Huckleberry by Toby Keith. Which I absolutely hated. Still hate to this day. But whatever. However I walked down the aisle to 311's cover of Love Song originally sung by The Cure. My friend who has been in bands for ever, assembled a few of his musician friends and played the song live. So I always tag that as our wedding song! 
  • Options
    TPupTPup member
    @Aliciagoose yay!! you are going to die! it was just everything! i didn't think i would care for trisha yearwood as much but as soon as she did  "how do i live" i was right there! Yall have a good time!!!
  • Options
    I guess our song is Thank You by Dido. While we were dating, driving in a car, to DH's house I believe... her turned his iPod to that song and just casually said that it reminded him of me. He is NOT a touchy feely guy that is very good with saying sweet things like that. I thought it was so sweet. I made him play it like 5 times in a row. We got engaged a few months later and I knew it had to be in our wedding somehow. So, one of my good friends, one of my bridesmaid's husband, played the guitar and sang it during the processional. It was really beautiful. Seriously, I think actually better than the normal version. Definitely one of my favorite parts of our wedding. And the lyrics are really perfect for a wedding. "I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life." 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our song is 'Just the Way You Are' by Bruno Mars.
    We found a live acoustic version of it online (still sung by Bruno Mars) and we danced to it for our first dance at our wedding. 
    DH rarely pays attention to lyrics when listening to a song. He often makes his own words up when singing along to a tune, but he said that when he heard this song for the first time on the radio, he actually 'heard' the lyrics and that it really represented his feelings/thoughts towards/about me. He rang me later and told me to listen to it, I have to admit, I cried! That was that, it became 'our song'...
    I still smile like a fool whenever I hear it played! 
  • Options
    kiki75kiki75 member
    I think that if you asked H, he would say that Regina Spektor's "Far" album would be the closest thing we have. It was the CD that was in his car when he decided that he had to go propose that day and drove about 6 hours to get to where I was. So he listened to it on repeat pretty much the whole way.

If you ask me, I would say "Something Good This Way Comes" by Jakob Dylan. It was our first dance song at our wedding. 

We would both want "Life Less Ordinary" by Carbon Leaf... if it weren't actually about unrequited love. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    rissa06rissa06 member
    edited June 2016
    Our song was fools rush in, by Elvis Presley because never knew the real name.

We didn't do it as our wedding song which was Ill be right here by Bryan Adams.  The words to that song meant a lot to us and fools rush in was a little slow for a first dance song.

I really love the remake.  
    https://youtu.be/h3TxALGVFok
  • Options
    DH got the DJ at our wedding to play 'Come And Get Your Love'  from Guardians of the Galaxy.  I don't remember who sings it.  But we danced like the total geeky dorks we are.  Now we can't get our families to stop asking for us to dance to that song.
  • Options
    I'm not sure we have a specific song per se - In our wedding, we played Regina Spektors "Real love" cover (which I adore and still get goosebumps when I hear) and danced to Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me to the Moon".
  • Options
    Hmm.. What Does the Fox Say.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Our first dance was  God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts  but our other song is A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.
    When we first started talking he said our songs were Sweet Lady and Lately by Tyrese and Sweet Lady is actually his ringtone on my phone.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    According to DH, our song is "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. I suppose it kind of is, but it was too jaunty for our reception, so we danced to "Take the World" by Johnnyswim. ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    Hey, new here and I love this forum :) Everyone has great stories!

For my H and I we - like everyone else ;) - have multiple songs.

When we first met it was "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO it worked with the time.
    When we moved in together - when he moved in with me at my parents place - it was "Can't Keep My Hands Off You" by Simple Plan Ft Rivers Cuomo
    He said he always thought of me when I'd play "Honeybee" by Blake Shelton

Our wedding song, was "I'll Follow You" by Shinedown and our 'aisle song' was "Can't Help Falling in Love" cover by Twenty-One Pilots {not the studio version, it's somewhat a live version}
  • Options
    You look wonderful tonight by some guy I can't remember hahaha.
    It was the first song thathat we ever danced together to and it was also the first song at our wedding.

Hooked on a feeling is another one. It's my favorite song and my hubs ended up singing it to me at our wedding and it was amazing!!
  • Options
    our wedding song will be Crazy Lucky by Better than Ezra. Other than that, the one song that reminds me of us is Jersey girl by Bruce Springsteen because we met down the shore 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    DH and I have a couple. "Far Far Away" by Wilco was the first song my DH ever played for me on the guitar beside a bon fire. It was right before we started dating, so it's always had special meaning for us. We are both musicians, so he thought it'd be extra special to record his version of the song. He played it at the wedding for our first dance. He's a sap and I eat it up. Also, "First Day Of My Life" by Bright Eyes because it tells the long, accurate version of our dating history. 
    Me:27 DH:29 DD:4 / Married : May 8th 2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "In a household of sensible jackets and haircuts there was this, well, what can I call her - nature thing. With her elfin eyes, her purple T-shirts and her eternally bare feet." -About Time

• Options
    Long time lurker, and newish here, but I really wanted to comment on this one, 

Must have done something right by Relient K. It was the first song J dedicated to me :blush: and we danced to Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait. I can't wait to get to know you guys and post more. 

I am officially on the ttgp wagon, and not the waiting to try train :smile:

TTC again since 8/2016
    Me:35 Dh:31
    1 German sheperd puppy
    BFP August 24 2018!
  • Options
    Long time lurker, and newish here, but I really wanted to comment on this one, 

Must have done something right by Relient K. It was the first song J dedicated to me :blush: and we danced to Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait. I can't wait to get to know you guys and post more. 

I am officially on the ttgp wagon, and not the waiting to try train :smile:

TTC again since 8/2016
    Me:35 Dh:31
    1 German sheperd puppy
    BFP August 24 2018!
  • Options
    @harposgirl@gmail.com I'm so glad you decided to jump in and join us! I just wanted to recommend that you head over to the knot and change your screen name though. Just because of stranger danger and people having access to your email address! 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    jatwal128jatwal128 member
    edited July 2016
    @harposgirl@gmail.com welcome! I strongly recommend you change your username to something other than your email address. you really don't want internet strangers having that info!

edited: @AliciaGoose beat me to it! 
    Me: 30  DH: 31
    Married 2010
    TTC since Nov. 2015
    BFP#1: 2/8/16
    MC: 3/19/16  :'(
    BFP#2: 9/3/16   EDD: 5/17/17

mommy to the cutest rescue mutt ever.
    my chart
  • Options
    This really dates how long DH and I have been together. Our song from when we first started dating is "Collide" by Howie Day. 

Our wedding song was "In My Life" by the Beatles. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24