February 2017 Moms
Options

Vivid Nightmares?

Hi all, 

For the past two nights, I've had vivid nightmares and I'm afraid that they will continue. The other night, I dreamt that I was experiencing a miscarriage and when I woke up, I was cramping for the first time since getting pregnant. It was very light and I'm not concerned at all. Tonight, I dreamt that I was being forced to dunk my hands into a bucket of centipedes. The sensation felt so real.... and now I'm wide awake and a bit reluctant to go back to bed now. 

I've heard that vivid dreams are a pregnancy norm but nightmares? Anyone else experiencing them and if so, any idea to make them stop?  

Re: Vivid Nightmares?

• Options
    Oh Je-zus! I really hope that doesn't continue for you. That sounds awful! I haven't had any crazy dreams or nightmares yet...I think I have just been so tired that my brain has been shutting off as soon as my head hits the pillow.
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    With my last pregnancy I had extremely vivid dreams the whole time but I tend to have those kind of dreams on and off throughout my life. A few were nightmares, mostly about something happening to one of my older children. I would wake up feeling sick and anxious. Once awake I obviously know it isn't real but the terrible feelings took a while to go.

I hope if your vivid dreams continue they are much happier.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    VastraVastra member
    @Bebe13lue  YES. The night I got my BFP, I had this crazy dream that this woman showed up at our front door and then curled up at the bottom of the stairs. We asked her if she needed help and she said "no, thanks. I live here now." Metaphor much?
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies, Mommas! The nightmares have subsided for now. Hopefully I'll start having better dreams from now on. :smile: 
  • Options
    My sister is 27 weeks pregnant. We haven't shared our news yet that we are expecting. Well last week I had a dream that I went to visit my sister as she was in the middle of a miscarriage. It was horrible. I just curled up in a ball next to her and cried and cried. I couldnt believe i knew i was pregnant but didnt want to tell anyone since my sister was going through something so awful. I cried so hard in my sleep that I woke myself up crying for real. It was the worst dream I've had in a long time, it still gets me feeling sad even though I know it's not real. I sure hope this doesn't continue.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last night I dreamt I was having a miscarriage and then another where I had cancer of the vagina. Umm thank you crazy brain
  • Options
    I'm having very vivid dreams....but they are sexual. 
    Im not minding them...
  • Options
    I have both nightmares and then just bizarre dreams. I've done it with all three pregnancies and only while pregnant, strange huh? I dream about exes and the other night I dreamt about my boss! He's a good looking guy, but no just no. I couldn't look or talk to him the next day, I felt so guilty and weird. That one was by far my oddest dream.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Want to talk about odd? I had a dream that black plastic discs were shooting from my nipples. Not sure.... 
  • Options
    I seriously put my fiancée through the wood chipper for cheating on me in my dream. I've never been woken up so scared and disturbed in my whole life, and I feel like I can't tell her because she might stop sleeping in bed with me lmao.
  • Options
    No real nightmares yet except for one where someone stole my jeep and I was SO convinced it was the owner of this chop shop who gave off really creepy vibes. I kept confronting him about it and kept ending up in dark, scary alleys and such for these heated conversations. He eventually pulled a knife and I RAGED on him and ended up stabbing him in the neck with it. Woke up with the sensation of blood on my hands and arms. 

Mostly though my dreams have been pleasant, if extremely vivid. Last night I had this gorgeous chocolatey brown gypsy vanner I was riding bareback along seaside cliffs. I did *not* want to wake up from that one. That horse was so smart and agile.... *wistful sigh*
  • Options
    Last night I dreamed that I passed the baby and some red clot thing...but the baby was 10 inches long and so beautiful but not alive...I woke up and went and kissed my ds who is 4....
  • Options
    I've had vivid dreams, but mostly positive. Last night I dreamt I could feel the baby's heartbeat through my skin. I've also had plenty of adult dreams, and strangely at least two about chosing which room to pick in a shared vacation house. Hormones are weird. 
  • Options
    SweetTSweetT member
    I've had super vivid dreams. That really aren't nightmares when I think about them when awake but during the dream and upon first waking I am so freaked out and scared. 
    One was my daughter had lice we couldn't get rid of. So not scary just gross but I was freaking out in the dream. 
  • Options
    I usually have vivid dreams while pregnant but they're usual sex dreams.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have been having all types of dreams. The vivid nightmares always involve people trying to kill me, and I wake up in panic. Last night I dreamt that a group of boys were going to shoot me, so I pulled out a weapon to defend myself and one of the boys beat me up, but then I got super human strength and put a whooping on him real bad lol.  
  • Options
    My dreams have been craaaaazy! Some are vivid and beautiful dreams while others are terrifying nightmares about people dying and I wake up sobbing. My honest plan now? I try to think of something wonderful, happy, and let's be honest... even sometimes sexual, before bed! During a nap I had a dream that I was gettin' dooooown and dirty with my husband. When I woke up, he said I was making sounds in my sleep.... I took one look at him and put those dreams right into action, baby!! haha TMI?!?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SC&JCSC&JC member
    I have had a couple of miscarriage dreams.They seemed so real. It's very scary. I have been dreaming every night.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    VastraVastra member
    SC&JC said:
    I have had a couple of miscarriage dreams.They seemed so real. It's very scary. I have been dreaming every night.
    I've had a couple of those too. WTF, subconscious?!
    ...but on the flip side, when I'm not having those nightmares, I am having extremely vivid uh, amorous dreams. Like, I can feel the physical parts. I actually had to check with DH the other morning to verify that we hadn't actually gotten bizzy while I was sleeping. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Options
    Yeah, I had a super vivid nightmare last night that one of my good friends who like 7 months pregnant right now died in childbirth....it was awful! and SO REAL!! I just sat in bed in shock for a minute when I woke up.....what the hell brain?!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    Yes I've had suuuuuper crazy nightmares too!! The. Worst. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Almost every morning I've woken up, knowing that I just left a dream but can't for the life of me remember said dream.  But every morning, I've wanted to go back to sleep, not in the "just 5 more minutes" way.  It's more of "oh I've figured it out and if I could just fall back asleep I could go back into the dream and solve the problem."  

So not really nightmares, but apparently I have something I'm trying to solve.  And I don't even know what I'm solving.  I'm just convinced if I can get back to the dream, I can fix it.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I've had a mix of them.

"Nightmares" of misscariages/family crisisis/disasters .... Mostly these are just dreams that I feel great anxiety and angst durring. No goblins or what not.

But then I'm also having some awesome sex dreams. Last nights was PHENOMENAL. I don't have the heart to tell hubby he wasn't the star.
  • Options
    All I am having is sex dreams....

• Options
    SC&JC said:
    I had one last night and it was terrifying. 
    Totally sucks, I hope they stop for you. 
  • Options
    All I am having is sex dreams....
    I have a lot of these. Interesting because I have zero drive right now! 
  • Options
    Definitely woke up from a dream where I couldn't remember anything but a voice saying, "your baby will die". Uhm, WTF? 
  • Options
    Almost every morning I've woken up, knowing that I just left a dream but can't for the life of me remember said dream.  But every morning, I've wanted to go back to sleep, not in the "just 5 more minutes" way.  It's more of "oh I've figured it out and if I could just fall back asleep I could go back into the dream and solve the problem."  

So not really nightmares, but apparently I have something I'm trying to solve.  And I don't even know what I'm solving.  I'm just convinced if I can get back to the dream, I can fix it.  
    This is interesting - I'm having dreams where I have to navigate and solve complex issues, as well.  The symbolism is pretty obvious, I think.  My brain frequently "practices" dealing with complex things through dreams when I'm going through a big life change.
  • Options
    No nightmares recently but I did have a pretty good one where I was dating JJ Watt. Hubbie wasn't pleased- next time I'll keep those ones to myself
  • Options
    jab3-2jab3-2 member
    I've been doing okay with this up until the other night when I dreamed I was shot in the back twice, one bullet going into my spine. Yet, I was still up and walking around trying desperately to convince everyone around me that I was hurt and needed help. There was a lot more to it, but that's all I can really remember from it.