August 2016 Moms
Options

MDW '16

Anyone doing anything fun for Memorial Day Weekend?

DH and I are going to the beach (that's "down the shore" to my fellow Jerseyans/Philadelphians) with my family to celebrate my mom's 60th!  Should be a relaxing and fun weekend with lots of yummy food indulgences (ice cream, caramel popcorn, fudge, pizza), shopping and of course the beach!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: MDW '16

• Options
    Dh is on call for work this weekend so we will just lay low at home. Monday there is a parade in our town that we will take the kids to. I am hoping I have motivation to clean my house.
  • Options
    DH works Saturday and Sunday but luckily he's off Monday. We may go to dinner at my inlaws because we spent Easter and Mother's Day with my family. But I'm still looking for some fun stuff to do in our area. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I are supposed to go to Santa Fe! I am super excited for the food, and I'm hoping to find some cool stuff for the baby, or for his room, at the street markets and shops there. But mostly the food. I hope this baby likes enchiladas because that's what I'll be eating every day. To make up for the fact that I won't get to have any margaritas, I'll be eating enchiladas for two. 

DH has had some drama at work lately and there is a small chance he'll have to work this weekend and cancel the trip. I told him he needs to let me know by early afternoon so if I need to cancel the hotel reservation I can do it in time. But I am keeping fingers crossed we get to go! 
  • Options
    We will be resting and grilling out if the weather permits it. It has been raining :neutral: 
  • Options
    Heading down the shore for the weekend as well!!  beach tomorrow. I can't wait!
  • Options
    DH has to work the weekend and I have to work Saturday. It's supposed to rain all day Monday and I'm really looking forward to just having a super lazy day filled with movies, snacks and naps. I rarely get holidays off so this is exciting for me.
  • Options
    DH went to NOLA for the weekend for a bachelor party, lucky him! Although I'm pretty sure I should be the one getting a fun weekend away haha. My mom and I are going to do some outlet shopping tomorrow and the rest of the weekend I'll probably lay low. 
  • Options
    We are having DS's birthday party tomorrow and then I have to work on Sunday. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    I'm jealous - the beach sounds awesome!

We're having family over on Sunday for a late lunch (grilling hot dogs and hamburgers, of course!). It'll be our first family gathering that we're hosting at OUR house and we're super excited!! I bought this house over a year ago and chose it specifically because it's spacious enough for hosting and I'm so excited to finally get to host something! Now, if the house could just magically clean itself before Sunday, that would be fabulous...
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @1faceinacrowd maybe you could hire out a cleaner just once.  :)
  • Options
    Every MDW here in Madison, WI there is the World's Largest Brat Fest, which is a little overrated IMO but Travis Tritt is performing Saturday night (DH loves old school country - the twangy-er the better) so my MIL is babysitting for us so we can go.

Sunday going to a cookout. Monday staying HOME as a family because DH traveled this week for work, he just got home last night, and we really just need some down time. 

Happy weekend, everyone!

• Options
    DH and I are planning to hit up sales at Lowe's and the outlet malls and hopefully wrap up the renovations and unpacking at our new house! We're also going out to dinner for our anniversary. Hopefully by Monday it will all be done and we can just relax all day and maybe go to the pool. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    We are planning on visiting my father at the Riverside national cemetery. Also plan to meet with friends for a picnic. I would like to go to the strawberry festival too but we shall see.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    DH and I are going to the Outer Banks for the week to celebrate our 2nd anniversary since the 1st he was in Afghanistan and also as a babymoon. I cannot wait to not be at work!
  • Options
    @tisunge602 - I agree that it is overrated but it is nice to leave the office to get a brat or two for lunch. 
  • Options
    We are moving all weekend and going to a few HS graduation parties in between. I am so jealous of all of you that are going to the lake/beach!!
  • Options
    Sekerambo said:
    @tisunge602 - I agree that it is overrated but it is nice to leave the office to get a brat or two for lunch. 
    Yes! When I was still working in an office, we would always send someone out to pick up brats for everyone. :) I didn't realize you were in Madison too!

• Options
    We are just hanging out today, then tomorrow we are going to a big cookout with our family and my sister in laws family at her family camp. I love it down there. It has a nice flat open field area and her parents built a cabin right along the creek, so the kids can play in the water and we will grill and eat like pigs...and play KanJam (a fun Frisbee game) and maybe play badminton. In the morning though, we will go to our towns memorial day parade and service at the cemetery,  to see my nephew play TAPS and march with the Marching band.  Then we will visit my grandparents grave. I'm looking forward to spending time with friends and family!
  • Options
    We are visiting my grandparents in the hamptons (Long Island). It's our favorite place to visit because you can walk to the beach from their house, which is a huge plus when you have a kid/naps to work around. We've had beautiful weather so far and today looks like more of the same!

• Options
    Were camping out all weekend at my inlaws property. It's been a nice weekend, though seriously hot, so far. And my goodness, camping is much more exhausting when you have a 20 month old wild child to keep up with. He's been enjoying all the outside playtime though!!

TTC 9/2013

BFP#1: 9/28/2013, EDD 5/28/13, MC confirmed 10/15/13, D&C 10/17/13

BFP#2: 1/10/2014, EDD 9/19/2014

• Options
    We are vacationing in the Dells until Tuesday. We took DD right after her Kindergrad program on Thursday. It was a surprise and she was so excited. 
  • Options
    @tisunge602 - We are just outside Madison but my husband works there.  Technically I still work for a company there but I only work as needed and most of the time I can work from home.  
  • Options
    We went camping Friday night at mudfest and spent time with friends. Today we went to my friends wedding, and tomorrow we are having a BBQ at my inlaws. Tomorrow should be interesting. .. my father in law has been driving me nuts with his comments about my weight since I've been pregnant. Tomorrow could be my breaking point and I know it won't be pretty!
  • Options
    Stayed in on Friday, went to our friend's cookout on Saturday, and decided to go on a last minute trip to a bed & breakfast right outside of the city for our anniversary weekend. On our actual anni (today), we checked out some wineries near where we stayed. It was a nice change from the crowded city living.