August 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    NICU RNNICU RN member
    I am starting to freak out a little about baby stuff. We have done NOTHING. Back in March, we discovered a water leak/mold problem which has literally taken all our non-work time. The house is a huge renovation disaster and won't be done any time soon. There is very little that I can do to help so I mostly get to sit around and worry. If she came today, she would have no car seat, no crib, not even a name! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KatienuKatienu member
    Mine is such a humble brag, but I can't get flammed so.... I LOVE BEING PREGNANT!!

I am pooping more regularly now than when I wasn't pregnant, love how nice strangers are to me, love seeing my nephews interact with my belly, I love the kicks, I only threw up twice and it was because I got a bug, no smells bother me, I have gotten less headaches since being pregnant, my complexion is the same, my huge boobs are so fun, sex feels better, everything is great (excluding the small things like not being able to drink beer and eat certain sushi rolls).  

I told DH if it was guaranteed that every pregnancy would be like this then I would have 10 kids!  I have to talk about this somewhere because all of my friends and SILs who have kids had really hard pregnancies and I feel guilty telling them. 
    This is my second pregnancy and I love being pregnant. I consider myself lucky bc they have been both pretty easy...especially after the worry subsides from the 1st trimester. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AliKay20 i totally agree..i was just about to post a link to symptoms thread but then people just started answering the question nicely so I was just like, well I guess that's how we're gonna be.
  • Options
    @AliKay20 i totally agree..i was just about to post a link to symptoms thread but then people just started answering the question nicely so I was just like, well I guess that's how we're gonna be.
  • Options
    @midwestbaby totally agree with you, it gets annoying because it's like where you come from haven't seen you in any of the convos that we have in a daily basis 
  • Options
    I answered "nicely" because I hate when people post typical symptoms as OMG posts.  Oh you have a cankle?  Yeah, you're pregnant. It happens. 
  • Options
    Uneven cankles can be very worrisome.
    This is true. I agreed with the answer to call her OB. I figured nothing else I added would be different. But it just strikes me as weird when someone who doesn't post comes to a board of strangers and asks about a worrisome symptom and then never comes back. So one sided, like we sit here waiting for random questions so people can go along their merry way. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Options
    I see what you ladies are saying regarding that new thread, but I would always rather cut a little slack when a person/newbie/random has a question about something that has the potential to be very serious and possibly life-threatening.  

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/deep-vein-thrombosis-in-pregnancy-epidemiology-pathogenesis-and-diagnosis
  • Options
    ballofmeatballofmeat member
    edited May 2016
    @Nikkoli98 I was also thinking pre-e. I just don't understand the whole asking internet strangers and then never coming back thing. I sometimes wish they would come back so they could at update. At the very least that would be beneficial in some way, so that those on the board could look out for the same warning signs. 

I also sincerely hope that no one takes advice from the Internet as the final word rather than seeking out their medical professional. But I suppose you never know these days. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Options
    Nikkoli98Nikkoli98 member
    edited May 2016
    @midwestbaby, I completely agree!! :smile: 

And an update would definitely be appreciated.

Edited: what is with this app cutting off all my posts? Grrrr.
  • Options
    @Nikkoli98 It's the same poster who asked about the leg cramping and how they're disappointed at not having another ultrasound during third trimester. No responses, nothing. Just keeps starting up a new thread for what? To read and put away until they think of another concern or issue? 

If they're going to go out of their way to post a serious question or concern, the least they can do is respond to the feedback or contribute to other threads that they can support. Agree with @midwestbaby that they shouldn't be taking online advice over a medical concern but this poster doesn't seem interested in the actual responses or even a thank you. Just stirs up some discussions and comes back for more when they think of another. That I can't and don't have any sympathy for. 
  • Options
    I'm a fan of just directing the randoms to our daily posts and asking them to participate there and getting their questions answered there. I did that for one of the random posts but didn't check to see if she started participating or not. I think it's odd they never return to their threads to comment on the responses they got. What was the point of starting it in the first place?