June 2016 Moms
Options

Staying cool

any east coast or Massachusetts mamas here? It feels like its a million degrees outside. Woke up with a horrible migraine and cant seem to cool down. Ive taken tylenol, used cold face clothes on my forehead and eyes, and even stripped down to my panties and ran through my sprinkler while watering the lawn. Im eating bomb pops out of the freezer which is making me happy, and im thanking my lucky stars this will all be done soon lol. Anyone else struggling with the heat yet?

Re: Staying cool

• Options
    CT momma here.  I have central air, thank God but I'm still walking around in T-shirt and undies.  
  • Options
    Lurking from May. Due the 30th but have a strong feeling I'm gonna wind up with a June baby. 
    Im an east coast FTM but in newyork and I cannot stand the heat. I was waiting till LO is here to install the window AC because of the Eletric bill and it only being the middle of May but I'm pretty much over the heat. Haven't slept well all week with this heat wave we are in. I'm gonna convince my SO to put it in tonight! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in north San Diego and it's not hot...yet!  To prepare, we are actually finishing up installation of a new AC/heater and duct work. Our old one was original to the house (30 years old) so it was time to replace it before it died. Expensive but worth the money so we're not melting wth a newborn in the house!
  • Options
    I'm in Arizona so it's been hot since February. When I get really hot I jump in my car and blast the ac for a few minutes to cool down my core temperature. Good luck staying cool ladies! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in North Carolina and the heat is brutal here! I'm always hot and usually in a shirt and undies at home. Just eating icecream or smoothies I do whatever it takes to stay cool. I'm very thankful I wont be pregnant in summer time! I cant imagine having an August or September baby here!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    alitriaalitria member
    I'm in WA, so we're currently going back and forth between 60 and rainy and 90 and sweltering.  I know 90 doesn't sound that bad, but when nothing is set up for AC because those are usually temps we get for a few weeks in August, it's pretty brutal.  Today is grey and cooler and muggy and I'm still hot, but next week heads back up to close to 90 in my sweatbox of a school that's filled with fragrant, cranky children so I'm so ready for this to be over.  It's bad enough to be hot, but being that hot while trying to find professionally appropriate clothing that fits in my 9th month of a pregnancy that has taken place mostly in cooler months has led to me wearing a couple things I'd consider marginal to work, including flip flops every day because nothing else fits on my big fat feet.  I mostly go home, sit around in a tank top and underwear in front of a fan and pray for my husband to get home so I can take a cool shower.  I don't normally like to be hot anyway but now that my personal body temperature seems to be running about 20 degrees above everyone else's it's been particularly fun.  I never thought I'd see the day when I sit around sweating in a tank top while my husband puts on a sweatshirt! 
  • Options
    I'm in Houston. It was almost 80 when I left my house at 7am. Thank god it's rainy today, otherwise I'd be a fat, sweaty blob.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in north San Diego and it's not hot...yet!  To prepare, we are actually finishing up installation of a new AC/heater and duct work. Our old one was original to the house (30 years old) so it was time to replace it before it died. Expensive but worth the money so we're not melting wth a newborn in the house!
    Wait.... How have we gone THIS far without actually meeting?? I was about to comment that it's not hot out here yet like it normally is by this time of year. I'm tired of the mid-60's! I want my summer weather!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    Wait.... How have we gone THIS far without actually meeting?? I was about to comment that it's not hot out here yet like it normally is by this time of year. I'm tired of the mid-60's! I want my summer weather!!!
    I'm in SD too. I had a friend put the window AC unit in for me about a month ago during that last little heat wave and haven't had to turn it on yet.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    It's in the 90's here and I'm over it. I've got the AC cranked and my poor kids are cold during the day. I'm taking the kids to the pool tomorrow. It just got really hot though. We've had hot days here and there, but nothing consistent. 

• Options
    Northern VA mom here.  The heat came on too suddenly. It got up to 90 today. I'm trying not to turn in the AC in the house yet, but it's starting to get a little much. Lots of ice water! My son wants to have a squirt gun fight tomorrow, and I just might take him up on it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Massachusetts mama here. I am not dealing with the heat well. We dont have our ACs in yet so uts brutal. Ive beendrinking a lot of ice water, cold compresses, and italian ices. Hang in there! 
  • Options
    GA here. 90s all week and I can't seem to cool off despite being in the ac 99% of the time. I swell up as soon as I walk outside. 
  • Options
    Massachusetts mama here too. We have central air and my office is cool, so it doesn't bother me. We put our ac on for the first time last night. This baby hasn't made me a heater yet though. I love this weather, it's not too hot yet. And we are lucky we are due in June and not August.

• Options
    Phoenix here. It's been in the 80's and 90's here and I've been thankful that's it's stayed mostly under 100 the month of May. In fact, this morning when I walked at 5 am, I commented that it was "cold." That said, it's supposed to be 100 degrees on June 1, my due date, so I'm sorta hoping I deliver before then :#
  • Options
    Northern VA mom here.  The heat came on too suddenly. It got up to 90 today. I'm trying not to turn in the AC in the house yet, but it's starting to get a little much. Lots of ice water! My son wants to have a squirt gun fight tomorrow, and I just might take him up on it. 
    NOVA here too. My ankles just disappeared overnight here!
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    I'm in SD too. I had a friend put the window AC unit in for me about a month ago during that last little heat wave and haven't had to turn it on yet.

• Options
    I am in SD, too! Lurking over from July. I have no A/C in the nursery so pretty nervous about the summer! 
  • Options
    MA here as well. The only things more powerful than the burning furnace inside me right now is my stubborness. I refuse to turn on the AC until we have steady days in the 90's. In the meantime, I whine a lot and keep putting cool cloths on my wrists. I may have also taken three showers yesterday and resorted to nude, blanketless sleeping.  It's an interesting reversal since usually my DH is usually the boiling one.
  • Options
    New Yorker here.  I'm not usually one for much AC, but yesterday I stayed home sick (bad sore throat & totally exhausted) and literally chilled myself in bed with the AC & ceiling fan.  Poor DH is so cold at night.  Now cranking the AC in my office & have my iced coffee in the freezer. 
  • Options
    CT here and I'm dying! I've been saying it's too hot since it was like 70 degrees and usually that's my favorite! I'm almost never too hot and this baby has turned me into a furnace. 

I get the pleasure of bringing my husband's car in to get the AC fixed before I go to work and I'm sitting at the shop now. 
  • Options
    lolonvivelolonvive member
    edited May 2016
    NYC here!  Before bed or whenever I'm hot and cranky I stand in the bathtub and run cold water on my swollen and sad feet and ankles. As cold as you can handle. 
  • Options
    South shore MA here. I have a creepy infatuation with ridiculously hot weather. I don't like it under 75 so I'm in my zone. My 2 year old and my husband hate the heat though. My husband is pushing to turn on the AC but I'm not ready
  • Options
    Massachusetts mama here too. We have central air and my office is cool, so it doesn't bother me. We put our ac on for the first time last night. This baby hasn't made me a heater yet though. I love this weather, it's not too hot yet. And we are lucky we are due in June and not August.
    Yo gurl where you at 
  • Options
    MA mom here too. I am legit not leaving the house tomorrow. 90s? No thanks. Going to take advantage of our central air and put my nesting to good use. Hang in there ladies!!!!
  • Options
    wbwellswbwells member
    Kuwait mom here.  I thought NC summers were bad- we've been above 100 for the last 3 weeks, and I have 4 weeks left to go.  If this summer continues like other summers it'll be around 125 on my due date with 20+% humidity.  Thank God for AC and fans, but here once we hit 100- any temperature feels the same.  Effing miserable
  • Options
    South shore MA here. I have a creepy infatuation with ridiculously hot weather. I don't like it under 75 so I'm in my zone. My 2 year old and my husband hate the heat though. My husband is pushing to turn on the AC but I'm not ready
    Hey girl!!! Im im south shore too!! Dartmouth area. Where are you? PM me
  • Options
    huskypuppy14huskypuppy14 member
    edited May 2016
    Yo gurl where you at 
    I live in metro west, work in Cambridge.

What hospital are you MA moms delivering?

• Options
    @aoliveira0726 @huskypuppy14 I'm in east bridgewater! Delivering at south shore hospital in Weymouth. You
  • Options
    Dartmouth is where we live. I go thru bridgewater a lot to go to emmas pizza. Looove their burgers lol. Deliverig at tobey in wareham
  • Options
    Yeah im now in NJ but its been bad here too. I had a hospital visit yesterday for high BP and dehydration :( Orders are to stay in the house in the AC.
  • Options
    H is loving this whole pregnancy thing.  Usually I am a big proponent of just turning on fans and opening windows until it's really hot but I've been 100% on board with AC the past few days in the mid 80s-90.  We were out at a baseball game today and man was it rough being out in the heat for the whole afternoon.