June 2015 Moms

Baby Proofing

So our twins are much more curious than ds was. They're constantly going for everything they shouldn't be! What are some things you've done to make it safe for babies? They love to go after cords to lamps and stuff that we cannot hide. They also go for the xbox and everything in the entrainment center. We haven't been able to find an entertainment center with glass that will fit in our space, so that's out. Any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Proofing

• liacinliacin member
    We moved tall lamps behind furniture. If you can rearrange your furniture a bit that should help. As for the entertainment center, could you put a shelf on the wall for that stuff if you can't find a unit with doors? When in doubt I move things up where she can't reach.
  • I pretty much just have outlets covered, but most of our house is baby/toddler friendly (i.e. toys and kid paraphernalia) anyway.
    If there are things out that I don't want my girls to touch or play with, I either eventually put it away or take the time to teach that it's off limits.
  • Loading the player...
  • ^^thats what we do. We have outlet covers, a couple baby gates and 2 cabinets closed. Other than that we teach him what's off limits or put it away. My mom refuses to baby proof her house so he's watched like a hawk. 
  • Oh, yes, we have 3 cabinets locked, like @jessieR358
  • We keep house baby friendly too. Needless to say we are going to have a huge garage sale soon. We do have a unfinished portion of basement that has all the random stuff in it and DH moved his office back there. 
  • btm013btm013 member
    We just bought a house and had all the outlets upgraded to the tamper-resistance receptacles. We were having other work done and some of the outlets had to be re-wired so we just had him do them all. Otherwise, it would have been the plugs. One thing I just did this week after a minor scare was to tape the back of the remote controls. LO got his hands on one for the ceiling fan and they have those circle batteries. Thankfully I got to him in time before he put one in his mouth. Also, we put bumpers on some furniture and our fireplace. Other than that we haven't done much else.