August 2016 Moms

Randoms: 5/23-5/30

Re: Randoms: 5/23-5/30

• becca7903 said:
    We have been without air conditioning for the last week in middle Alabama. In the afternoons it was getting up to 81 inside and sweltering. Today? Our entire unit was replaced and our a/c has been restored! I don't think I'll take the cool air for granted again - at least not for a while.
    Omg I know the feeling. Our AC went out last summer... In Arizona. It was almost bedtime and rapidly hit 92 degrees in the house. Unfortunately DH was out of town for work so I was on my own. I packed up DD (she was 6 mo old at the time), our 80-lb boxer and all the essentials so we could rush over to my ILs. Emergency call to AC company and luckily got it fixed the next day or so. Something about a compressor. Terrible. So terrible. I am fully prepared to have to replace the unit this summer as its holding on for dear life and we have had just a handful of 100+ days at this point. 
    Baby #1: Palmer Olivia - October 2014
    Baby #2: Emmeline Grey - August 2016
    Baby #3: BFP 9/7/18  |  EDD 05/24/19
  • becca7903 said:
    We have been without air conditioning for the last week in middle Alabama. In the afternoons it was getting up to 81 inside and sweltering. Today? Our entire unit was replaced and our a/c has been restored! I don't think I'll take the cool air for granted again - at least not for a while.
    Omg I know the feeling. Our AC went out last summer... In Arizona. It was almost bedtime and rapidly hit 92 degrees in the house. Unfortunately DH was out of town for work so I was on my own. I packed up DD (she was 6 mo old at the time), our 80-lb boxer and all the essentials so we could rush over to my ILs. Emergency call to AC company and luckily got it fixed the next day or so. Something about a compressor. Terrible. So terrible. I am fully prepared to have to replace the unit this summer as its holding on for dear life and we have had just a handful of 100+ days at this point. 
    This is scaring me. Our AC's are both OLD. I'm thinking we should get the tune up guy out to check things over before we are in the dead of summer. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • rikopy said:
    Anyone else having a heck of a time when laying in bed and turning from one side to the other? I can't sleep on the same side all night long, but turning from one to the other is such a task these days... it physically hurts! 
    Omg yes 
  • @kristynmac - I laughed way too hard at that. 

I put my feet up after my shower before putting my compression stockings. I put them up on my headboard and I literally have to throw myself off the bed from the turtle's position. One day I'm sure I'll just topple over and DH will have to pick me up off the floor 
  • @tmk0325 I wish!! Thanks for the offer, though. 
  • @kristynmac HAHAHA!! I laughed out loud on that one... So true!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Passed the glucose test (Yay!) but I need to start iron supplements. BOOOO to that.  I'm still a little queasy these days, heartburn has started, and I've been taking fiber supplements for 2 months.  Yay iron and more upset stomach and matching prunes...
    I sympathize with ya on this. I now need to up my iron too. I feel like I need one of those pill organizers now...between the three prenatals I take, a DHA supplement, colace, zoloft,  thyroxine, Zantac, and now iron it's hard to keep track!! 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• It's a supplement pill and I've been taking 250mg every day, but sometimes every other. Obviously, confirm with your doc/midwife first but it's been helpful for me!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought all knee length dresses for maternity wear this summer. They are getting shorter in the front and making the bus commute difficult if I am not in a front facing seat. There is no way to be lady like and comfortable at this point. Even crossing my ankles is uncomfortable after 30 seconds! Granted, I'm wearing shorts underneath to prevent chafing, but no one needs to know that!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rolling over is so painful! I feel like I'm getting punched in the pelvic bone every time I move when I'm lying in bed. 

• @kristynmacThat might be the greatest picture description of my life. Literally feel like that any time I get out of bed. I played up the preggo card the other day though. Sat down in the tub to TRY and shave my legs and was too lazy to get up on my own. Called DH into the bathroom to help me up.
  • Yes! To it taking an act of congress to roll over at night. Last night I slept the entire night without waking up, and then woke up so stiff because I didn't move all night. I think it's a lose-lose thing. 

• @cait5413, have you ever used Grub Hub? They will deliver from a handful of restaurants, and you order it all online and can deliver to a different locale.  We live in Austin, TX and used it to deliver Snappy Salads to folks in Dallas, TX, and it worked great!
    They're in New Orleans. No Grub Hub. :( 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Baby tends to kick and move when DH massages my big swollen legs. Not sure if it's the blood pumping that she feels or some sort of pressure but she definitely is alert! 

I complain to DH that my legs are swollen and numb. He massages them. I complain then that he is hurting my legs. He stops. I complain that he stopped. He resumes. I cry. Oh pregnancy. I'm so annoying.
  • Curls919 said:
    @kristynmacThat might be the greatest picture description of my life. Literally feel like that any time I get out of bed. I played up the preggo card the other day though. Sat down in the tub to TRY and shave my legs and was too lazy to get up on my own. Called DH into the bathroom to help me up.
    That reminds of when I was trying out gliders before I had DS. I was 7 months along and trying one that reclined all the way back. My friend had stepped away to look in a different department so I had to call for a sales guy to help me out of the chair. 
    We are shopping for some new living room furniture and this is my fear! I make DH sit in everything and describe it. I am pretty sure if I sit down, there is a camera in the store that will catch my struggle and I will end up as a gif somewhere!
  • cait5413 said:
    @cait5413, have you ever used Grub Hub? They will deliver from a handful of restaurants, and you order it all online and can deliver to a different locale.  We live in Austin, TX and used it to deliver Snappy Salads to folks in Dallas, TX, and it worked great!
    They're in New Orleans. No Grub Hub. :( 
    Do they have Seamless? It's basically the same thing as GrubHub - and, where we live, it has basically every restuarant that delivers. DH and I use and we love it... I won't even admit how often we order through them each week...

• Curls919 said:
    @kristynmacThat might be the greatest picture description of my life. Literally feel like that any time I get out of bed. I played up the preggo card the other day though. Sat down in the tub to TRY and shave my legs and was too lazy to get up on my own. Called DH into the bathroom to help me up.
    That reminds of when I was trying out gliders before I had DS. I was 7 months along and trying one that reclined all the way back. My friend had stepped away to look in a different department so I had to call for a sales guy to help me out of the chair. 
    Last time I was pregnant we went king-size mattress shopping. I wanted to test the mattresses out too and def made a scene trying to get on and off at seven months pregnant. Good times!
  • @midwestbaby that dream sounds really satisfying. My sprinkle isn't until July 17th which is one month exactly from my due date but I will have baby at at least 39 weeks so I feel like I won't have everything completely done and settled until right before baby gets here. 
  • @Lynnlove28 I am in the same boat. July 16 is my shower at 36 weeks. I feel like I am in limbo until then because all the major projects are done. 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months 

• We had my shower this past weekend, and I am so excited to be able to buy some baby clothes now that we know what we got from the shower!

That being said - I realized we have no pants. Like - literally one pair smaller than six months. Do babies wear pants?

• The pack and play we registered for is discontinued and there are none left :( I don't know what to pick now... we plan to set it up in our bedroom the first few weeks what's necessary? We had a fancy one picked but now I don't know if I really need it! Help!
  • I had my 28 weeks appointment today and there was glucose in my urine. I know that it could very well be from the piece of cake I had before I went but it still stresses me out. Because I took a 3 hour test earlier in my pregnancy I have to go ahead with another 3 hour test on Tuesday, I knew would have to take another one at 28 weeks but I didn't know I would skip the one hour one all together. 

So now I will unnecessarily stress out until I get my results from the 3 hour next Wednesday. 
  • @Lynnlove28 That sucks---I hope you pass the three hour test again!

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Allisun85 I don't think we had any pants that were less than 3 months for any of our kids. I never put them on when they still had the umbilical cord stump as they rub and that cannot feel good. Also, like @tisunge602 said, sleepers and one piece outfits work so much better on newborns! I ordered a few super cute one pieces from Target that are not pajamas  and I love them!
  • I am having the hardest time at work recently. I work in an office. The chair is horrible so I am constantly moving around as my back gets really sore. I am struggling to keep up being the only CSR in this office while most others in our company have 2 and even 3 CSR's. I don't complain because I don't want them thinking I don't want a job but then they start coming down hard on me. I try to explain that things are getting done, just a little slower, and that isn't good enough. I need to make money but dh and I both working full time with 3 kids at home and one on the way is proving to be way more difficult than we had hoped for.
  • AliKay20 said:
    I was constipated for about four days. Today, I finally pooped. It was the best feeling ever. I felt so much lighter, less
    bloated, and just happy. New found appreciation while pregnant: Ability to shit!

I texted DH and asked him what he wants for dinner because I feel like I can eat for days now. Ha!
    I love that we are just letting it all out on this board now. Lol! 

I feel feel the same way though, after I finally poop I'm like, what's for dinner?!?! 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months