December 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Appontments 5.23-5.29

2»

Re: Weekly Appontments 5.23-5.29

• Options
    @doodleoodle it looks like my EDD might be January 1. We can be rebels together 
  • Options
    @Gizmo1231 and @LinziLoo09, glad your appointments went well ladies.  Good luck tomorrow @Amdogger82

Went for my second OB appt. today, which was relatively uneventful except for the long wait.  They have a handheld Doppler/ultrasound machine, so I did get to see the baby moving about (yay!), but they weren't able to see the heartbeat/get a read on it because of his/her position.  I'll be going in to the MFM on Thursday for an ultrasound and blood work, so I should be able to find out what the heartbeat is then. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 I've been sitting here trying to think of a clever Star Wars rebel alliance reference, but I need sleep. 
  • Options
    ea301ea301 member
    Good luck today @Amdogger82 - thinking of you!

Had my high risk appt and second OB visit yesterday and everything looks and sounds good! It was so amazing to see our little baby in there. I'm not really showing at all, just lots of morning sickness, so it's still hard to believe this is all really happening. It really is an amazing process :smile: 

• Options
    got home a bit ago from my appointment. Heartbeat is 155 and I gained five pounds in first tri. I can deal with that I think. Next appointment in four weeks!
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We had our second OB appointment and 12 week u/s today.  I'm a bit concerned because baby's NT is 4mm...normal is anything under 3mm.  However, our NIPT came back negative, so that's a good sign.  Now just to wait for blood test results  I watched my phone obsessively for a call from my OB's office with the Harmony results and now I don't want to see them number pop up because no news is good news.  So much to worry about before the baby is even born. :/
  • Options
    capps42613capps42613 member
    edited May 2016
    I had my first MFM appt today. Baby is measuring 3 days ahead @ 12+4. HR was 152bpm. NT scan showed no obvious abnormalities. I will go back for 2nd sequential screening bloodwork and another growth scan on 6/20. 2nd OB appt next week.

@jessCL I hope you do not hear back and that all is well.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Thanks.  I've spent hours Googling (bad me), and it looks like NIPT testing is way more accurate than the NT test.  Baby was also standing on his head throughout the u/s so it was hard to get measurements. 
  • Options
    Had my first OB appointment yesterday (aside from intake and dating scan) and all went well. Had to do an early glucose test because I'm fat, but it wasn't as bad as I remember. Doc couldn't find the heartbeat and started to say "that's normal for this early" but then told me that she knew I wouldn't be satisfied with that so she'd do an ultrasound to show me the heartbeat. Lol. I would totally have been ok without it but I wasn't going to argue! So even if we didn't get to hear the heartbeat, we got to see it! All in all a pretty great appointment :smile: 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our MFM appointment today went well, and the ultrasound tech was able to get all the measurements they needed.  Everything looked good on the scan; and pending the blood work results, we should be low risk for genetic abnormalities and spina bifida.  I do go back in 4 weeks for a finger prick to completely/virtually rule out Spina Bifida, and in 8 (or less) business days, we'll get back the NIPT results too.  We could find out the sex too at that point; I just haven't decided whether I want to find out or not.  In other news, I got a few more pics of the baby. :)

• Options
    @JessCL, hope that the results of your blood test show that there aren't any issues to worry about, and that everything is fine. 

• Options
    Thanks :)  I'm trying to stay positive and I do think that everything will turn out fine.  I called the OB's office today, and unfortunately I do have to wait until after the second round of blood work to get the results, and that isn't until June 15.