Baby Names
Options

DH backed out on boy name UPDATE IN COMMENTS

tigerfish227tigerfish227 member
edited May 2016 in Baby Names
Not long before we actually started ttc DH and I spent the better part of a 6 hour road trip debating baby boy names. Or girl name choice is already set because I've had that picked out since I was young. The boy name had been much more challenging but we finally agreed on one during that trip. The only reason I ended up liking the first name was because we had put it together with the middle name. I really wasn't loving the first name until they came together. Well now DH is saying that he's having a hard time with it because he doesn't like the middle name we picked. Now I'm stuck with a bit of a dilemma.

One of the names I really love was originally vetoed because DH didn't like it but now he's saying it's growing on him. But we need a middle name to go with it. I need ideas!

Help me out with some middle names to go with Micah. Middle name can't start with L. DH doesn't want baby's initials to be MLF. Other than that the rules are pretty open. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Re: DH backed out on boy name UPDATE IN COMMENTS

• Options
    Micah James
    Micah Henry
    Micah Ryan
    Micah Nathaniel
    Micah Jeremy
    Micah Adam
    Micah Andrew
    Micah Thomas
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    I really like Micah! 

Micah Paul
    Micah Andrew
    Micah Edward
    Micah Christopher
    Micah James
    Micah Dean
    Micah Daniel
    Micah samuel
    Micah Vincent
    Micah Owen
    Micah Richard

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Micah James 
    Micah Alexander 
    Micah Roland 
    Micah Percival 
    Micah Edmund 
    Micah Theodore 
    Micah Phillip
    Micah Barnaby
    Micah Connor
    Micah Oliver
    Micah Gideon 
    Micah Terrance 
    Micah Walter
    Micah Zane
    Micah Ryan
  • Options
    Thanks for the input so far! Definitely some good ones in there.

Some thoughts on the suggestions so far:

Ryan is definitely out. That was my ex husband's name.

Alexander, Christopher, Philip, Roland and Owen are names that are already used in our family that I wouldn't want to duplicate, mostly to avoid drama.

Vincent actually was the first name that we had decided on so that is a strong front runner.
    My edd is a few days before my brother's birthday and his MN is Thomas so that one is appealing too. I actually told DH that we might have to use that if baby comes on brothers birthday.

I suggested Edward to DH because that's my grandpa's MN(he passed away 2 years ago) but DH didn't love it.
  • Options
    UPDATE:

After running thru the list with DH we might be going with Micah Vincent, still tossing them around a bit but not feeling like we are on different pages anymore.

Now that we have put our boy name into question tho I'm starting to seriously second guess our girl name too. The first name is definitely set since I've had it picked out since I was a kid but the MN is up in the air again. We were set on Marissa Mae but I've been seriously questioning having a baby M&M. I'm sure it's bothering me more than it should buy I don't want to end up regretting or child's name someday. So now I need a new mn for Marissa. Please help!?
  • Options
    I really like Marissa. Not gonna lie don't love Mae in general and not with a M FN. 

Marissa Claire
    Marissa Jane
    Marissa Jean
    Marissa Hope
    Marissa Anne
    Marissa Irene
    Marissa Elaine
    Marissa Eileen
    Marissa Louise
    Marissa Paige
    Marissa Pearl
    Marissa Selene
    Marissa Christine

• Options

Does your H love Marissa? I mean, I like it, I'm just saying it's a little weird to be "set on a name since you were a kid". I have liked the name Claire since I was 13 but doesn't mean I'd force H into it and not be open to other options.

Anyways, I'm not into Mae at all. I'd pick a family name or something that flows better.

• Options
    I think Mae is fine and you're overthinking it.
  • Options
    @jenna8984 yes he likes it. He really hated the middle name I had picked out with it which is why we kept Marissa but the mn has been flexible. I had originally wanted Lynn for mn but he thought it sounded too "country" (like Loretta Lynn) and didn't want baby's initials to be MLF. After much discussion we had agreed on Mae as an alternative. He apparently wasn't sold either because he immediately agreed to rethinking the MN.
  • Options
    I don't love the double M.

What about...
    Marissa Violet
    Marissa Kate
    Marissa Eve
    Marissa Drew
    Marissa Yvonne
    Marissa Sophie
    Marissa Caroline
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

Does your H love Marissa? I mean, I like it, I'm just saying it's a little weird to be "set on a name since you were a kid". I have liked the name Claire since I was 13 but doesn't mean I'd force H into it and not be open to other options.

Anyways, I'm not into Mae at all. I'd pick a family name or something that flows better.

I have to agree with this.  As for Marissa, I'm not a huge fan of it but I do like it paired with Kate and Claire.

As far as the boy's name, your post about your brother's MN is rubbing me the wrong way.  Again, you are indicating that your H has no say and you're going to "tell DH that you might have to use his name if the baby is born on his birthday."

If your DH is all for it, amazing!  It might just be the wording of your post so I apologize if I misinterpreted.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    DH has had a say in all of the names and at this point aside from Marissa(which DH has already agreed to because he doesn't have any strong preference for a girl name and I do) nothing is set in stone. Dh has actually had a huge say in our choices but I'm mostly looking for ideas to suggest because he won't suggest hardly anything but listens to my ideas and either approves or rejects them. There have been a ton of names we have gone thru that I love but he has flat out rejected including the middle name that I originally wanted for Marissa as well as my second choice for a girl name that we threw out all together because he would not agree to it.