Options

Ticker changes??

2»

Re: Ticker changes??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ConJos_loveConJos_love member
    edited May 2016
    I'm sorry this thread became what is has. Bummer. I didn't want drama, I simply didn't know there was another board.   I saw references to private messages but no outright "here's the deal" and I didn't have time to go through all the threads to investigate further, I apologize.

I think maybe it would have saved all these feelings if a new thread would have been started to state what was going on, these are the mods, this is how it'll work etc etc... Then it would be easier to find and everyone would have been in the loop all at once. Perhaps it would have alleviated these "secret" and "private" feelings women are getting.

I think that's pretty fair.

Please know, I don't have my back up saying this. I truly don't have my feelings hurt. I just think some things could have went differently, and maybe some ladies would feel better. 

Edit: typo
  • Options
    I'm sorry this thread became what is has. Bummer. I didn't want drama, I simply didn't know there was another board.   I saw references to private messages but no outright "here's the deal" and I didn't have time to go through all the threads to investigate further, I apologize.

I think maybe it would have saved all these feelings if a new thread would have been started to state what was going on, these are the mods, this is how it'll work etc etc... Then it would be easier to find and everyone would have been in the loop all at once. Perhaps it would have alleviated these "secret" and "private" feelings women are getting.

I think that's pretty fair.

Please know, I don't have my back up saying this. I truly don't have my feelings hurt. I just think some things could have went differently, and maybe some ladies would feel better. 

Edit: typo
    As it has been said AD NAUSEAM in this thread, the group was only recently created. Rules, vetting process, etc., have all been cobbled together as we go. We have no intention of posting an announcement about it. Everyone who was around and actively involved in the event that sparked the creation of the group was aware of it at the time. It's not our responsibility to hold anyone's hand on this board. If you're grown enough to have a baby, you're grown enough to read through a pregnancy forum on your own. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That's fine
  • Options
    Also a reminder: If you're admitted, you don't get a notification. The only way you know is to click on the group.
  • Options
    Let me try to be clear one last time. I'm not accusing anyone of purposefully being hurtful. I've been on both sides this situation which is why I 100% just want those who left to stop and think about what position you have put the rest of the board in. Instead of getting defensive and acting like you're the victims of some horrible crime, try to put yourselves in our shoes. I totally and completely understand why it was done but others might not. To some who haven't been active here, for whatever reason, they didn't do anything wrong but they aren't being allowed an opportunity to participate because all of the active members have left. Maybe some of you come back and lurk(we can't see you lurking), occasionally chime in, but ultimately this board has died off drastically. So those who haven't been invited to the private group because they were lurkers before or because they just got here and literally have not had the chance to participate feel liked they aren't good enough or that they are being excluded for whatever reason. I'm not asking that everyone be allowed in. I'm just saying that you have created the perception that it is an exclusive group and I'm asking for some empathy. Don't abandon us and expect us not to be hurt by it. Being an adult doesn't negate having feelings. But part of being an adult is also recognizing and acknowledging that others do have feelings as well. Everything I have said to this subject has simply been a plea for some empathy and respect for those who are being treated as lesser members because of a standard that was set by a private group without consideration for circumstances beyond anyone's control.
  • Options
    cagirl18 said:
    I can only speak for myself here, but wanted to chime in. 

I've been lurking, posting somewhat, since the day I got my BFP. I thought I had posted enough, requested to join the private group, and was "denied" (I hate using that word, because I know it's not a rejection or a true denial) and encouraged to post more. 

I've been in lurking mode so long it's been hard for me to post more, but I'm trying. I'm not going to be someone who posts a pic in HDBD, because I'm not comfortable with that. But I will make an effort to contribute to discussions, so that new people coming in to Nov 16 have things to read and participate in. 

I completely understand why the private group was created, and I plan on requesting to join later on once I've posted more. I didn't take my non-entry at this time as a rejection, or a denial, just a friendly reminder to post more and be more involved! Post what you're comfortable posting, use the community for what it is and help it become more for others. 

I guess what my pregnancy brain is trying to say is this: Yes, a bunch of people left. Board has gotten a bit dead. This happens on SO MANY OTHER boards for whatever reason. We know the reason for this. Keep posting, keep being involved, choose to join the private group or not, but instead of complaining that the board is dead and everyone left, just post. I don't feel like a lesser member for not being automatically granted entry into a group where, it was made clear from day one, what the intent was. I feel like someone who hasn't established myself on this board, and I am rectifying that, because it has been so helpful and so beneficial to me (especially when I was in the throes of HG). 
    This is honestly the perfect response to have!  Keep posting and definitely add an avatar (it helps everyone recognize you better!)
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    Well said @cagirl18. I hope you try again soon!

There have been a ton of regular posters that came on this thread and further explained a lot of different things. I don't think anyone is lacking empathy or treating you as a second class citizen. It's been clearly stated anyone is welcome to join. Most members requested to join and weren't necessarily invited, so no one is missing out on a mass invite. Every member has been through the vetting process, so it is fair to all. It can't be an open group, so what are your expectations? Do you expect posters to come back to N16 even though they no longer feel comfortable? I can respect that feelings were hurt and I stated that. But this really isn't an exclusive group and I think things are being assumed that are not true.
  • Options
    kms456kms456 member
    edited May 2016
    **Removed for TOU violation**

Me: 30 DH:31 DD:3
    3/6/16 BFP 
    EDD: 11/14/16

• Options
    I'm done apologizing and trying to clarify my point. Those of you in the group who have responded clearly are focusing on being negative and defensive. Vote me in or don't, that isn't why I'm saying any of this. Just stop claiming to be a non-exclusive group while at the same time picking and choosing who you let in. I only put together what several others said at the beginning of this thread so now I'm the one being attacked because I defended others and expressed a viewpoint that some of you took way too personally. 
  • Options
    I'm going to just throw this out there. Not complaining, just adding thoughts.

I totally get reasoning for the new board. Makes absolute sense. But it's a little hard to "participate more" in a mostly dead board. Is it possible that we could still post non controversial posts here for a while? I realize every post has potential to be controversial in the end. But maybe keep ticker changes and occasional fun polls on this board? I loved the what kind of undies are you wearing poll, that one got me laughing! :smile: 
  • Options
    kms456kms456 member
    yes picking and choosing who gets in.
    no posts on board = not getting in
    frequent posts on board = getting in

not that difficult.

And just to clarify, you're the one that is taking it personally.
    3/6/16 BFP 

• Options
    @Blondesweety444 we encourage members to be active in both places but many find it overwhelming and too much to keep up with or just plain aren't comfortable here anymore. If you start threads, especially entertaining ones, people will participate. 

@tigerfish227 none of us have been negative or defensive. If anything was taken personally it's because we've worked very hard to make the private group as fair as possible, and I really don't think anything was taken personally anyways. Everyone has just tried to explain the process and logic behind the group. It's really not our fault if you just keep twisting our words to fit your clearly negative view of the private group. Of course adults have feelings, no one said they didn't. The adult references have all been directed towards taking ownership of your own participation (or lack thereof) and in making this board what you want it to be and not demanding others entertain you and participate where they're not comfortable.  
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry, stating facts like no one was invited or that everyone goes through the same process is not negative or defensive. It's facts. You're the one taking things personally and you shouldn't be. It's the same protocol for everyone to join the private board. 
  • Options
    @comealongponds honestly your response right now has been the most reasonable one I've seen. Thank you. I'm not trying to force anyone to participate where they don't feel comfortable. That's the #1 reason I haven't been on this board much. Because I wasn't ready emotionally. Now most of the board has been abandoned but some of us over on this side are now being neglected because the active members don't want to stay here. You say we need to participate more but there's hardly anyone here to interact with. This has been a very emotional ride for me with my history and lurking had been about all I could handle and that's gone now too because one bad poster scared everyone away. Is that my fault? No. It's not your fault either. But take a look at it from this side try to see that there are people here that no longer are getting the support they could have gotten because of that situation. Some of us haven't had the confidence, comfort level or energy to try to keep up here but that doesn't make us bad people. Then you have the active members coming in here saying it's not meant to be exclusive while at the same time saying "you can't join because of x reason." That screams exclusivity. Yes anyone can apply but not everyone gets accepted. That's what exclusive is. You exclude the people who don't meet your qualifications.

I haven't twisted anyone's words. I've simply expressed opinions of what it looks like from the other side. Meanwhile, my words have been taken as accusations and have been twisted to make me look like some bitter, jealous crackpot. I don't care who you let into the group. But don't claim to be what you're not and tell other people how to feel about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and emotions. 
  • Options
    aquasocksaquasocks member
    edited May 2016
    **snip**
    Maybe some of you come back and lurk(we can't see you lurking), occasionally chime in, but ultimately this board has died off drastically. So those who haven't been invited to the private group because they were lurkers before or because they just got here and literally have not had the chance to participate feel liked they aren't good enough or that they are being excluded for whatever reason. I'm not asking that everyone be allowed in. 
    **snip**
    1) And likewise we can't see you lurking. I'm sorry if you feel the board is dead and you aren't getting support. You get what you give.
    2) But you don't agree with our process of "picking and choosing who you let in" aka voting. We can't and won't let in everyone. The fairest thing to do is vote. 
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    aquasocks said:
    **snip**
    Maybe some of you come back and lurk(we can't see you lurking), occasionally chime in, but ultimately this board has died off drastically. So those who haven't been invited to the private group because they were lurkers before or because they just got here and literally have not had the chance to participate feel liked they aren't good enough or that they are being excluded for whatever reason. I'm not asking that everyone be allowed in. 
    **snip**
    1) And likewise we can't see you lurking. I'm sorry if you feel the board is dead and you aren't getting support. You get what you give.
    2) But you don't agree with our process of "picking and choosing who you let in" aka voting. We can't and won't let in everyone. The fairest thing to do is vote. 
    1) as I have said, I finally started feeling like I'm able to participate emotionally but everyone left so there isn't much to participate in. Up until recently I was lurking. I don't expect anyone to know that but I'm still being excluded because of it while you justify doing it yourselves because you aren't comfortable posting here anymore. Furthermore, it was said that lurkers would be allowed in but then when lurkers started applying you denied them and changed the rules.

2) I NEVER disagreed with the process. I said that you need to stop saying you aren't exclusive when in reality you are excluding several people. I'm in a much more exclusive group that uses a strict voting process for entry and I love it but we also don't claim to be open to everyone while we are really voting for who gets in. You contradict what you claim by your actions yet get offended when someone speaks up and calls you out.

I'm not petitioning you to let in everyone that applies. I'm simply saying that if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like a duck it's probably a duck so quit calling it a fish.

• Options
    kms456kms456 member

3/6/16 BFP 

• Options
    aquasocks said:
    **snip**
    **snip**
    1) as I have said, I finally started feeling like I'm able to participate emotionally but everyone left so there isn't much to participate in. Up until recently I was lurking. I don't expect anyone to know that but I'm still being excluded because of it while you justify doing it yourselves because you aren't comfortable posting here anymore. Furthermore, it was said that lurkers would be allowed in but then when lurkers started applying you denied them and changed the rules.

2) I NEVER disagreed with the process. I said that you need to stop saying you aren't exclusive when in reality you are excluding several people. I'm in a much more exclusive group that uses a strict voting process for entry and I love it but we also don't claim to be open to everyone while we are really voting for who gets in. You contradict what you claim by your actions yet get offended when someone speaks up and calls you out.

I'm not petitioning you to let in everyone that applies. I'm simply saying that if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like a duck it's probably a duck so quit calling it a fish.

Are you confusing me with someone else? This is the first time I posted on this thread.
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Butterkup that gif literally made me LOL so thank you. 

@tigerfish227 please link the thread in which it was stated that lurkers would be admitted, I don't believe I recall seeing that nor was it ever anyone's intention to allow lurkers. That would defeat the purpose of the group. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    bzzrbee28 said:
    Just for some insight, it was not about forming a smaller inclusive group. There was a thread on a sensitive topic and a member wrote something that did not explicitly violate a TOU but was very insensitive and inappropriate. Many members reacted angrily and in defense of the poster and as a result were banned by the bump. It left everyone very confused and feeling vulnerable of random bump action when the person that posted the inflammatory comment received no retribution yet other posters who did nothing but appropriately respond to something so hurtful were punished. It got especially testy when his same poster then started several threads within the next few days, all seemlingly innocent, but on classically debatable bump topics such as "throwing your own shower" etc. people responded in debate like style which is also what makes the bump great because you get intelligent discussion. Anyway, it became clear after a few more random bannings that this same poster was reporting any comment she didn't like when in fact it was her who was really damaging the communal nature of the board. In response many of us left to a private group to protect ourselves from someone who either was best case scenario, naive and punitive or worst cas scenario, a troll. But the group was formed with the intent to let people in who post. I'm sorry if anyone wasn't "accepted." Its not a permanent thing so you can always ask again. Almost all of us still participate here so the more you post then the more likely members are to recognize your name and "accept you." 
    Yeah I watched this all go down and I was so mad at myself when i saw that i had posted on one of her starting posts. Also, when it was being formed many of the regulars said things like lurkers welcome and I had posted on all my weekly tickers and some of the question posts so i thought i had a shot. I think you can click on my name and see what i commented on - even though i dont post often cause i hate that family could find me if they really wanted. 

Not being accepted does look like a permanent thing from this side. If i go to even try and click on the button to apply it is grayed out and if you hover over it says "You're application for this group was denied" 
  • Options
    aquasocks said:
    Snip

Are you confusing me with someone else? This is the first time I posted on this thread.
    I'm not directing this at anyone in particular. 
  • Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s unwelcoming tone. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"