December 2016 Moms
Options

Just for fun! What do you think your having?

Mothers intuition has to be right? Or does it? 

Just curious to to see if anyone just "knows" they are having a boy or girl. Are people telling you otherwise?

in my situation some are telling me boy but most are telling me girl! But I just feel like it's a boy! We will be finding out the gender early with a 3D ultrasound hopefully around the 15th of June!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    i'm feeling girl.  i'll be shocked if it's a boy.  this pregnancy's symptoms are the exact same as my other two girls so far, except much more extreme.  i'll be getting the NIPT this Friday so I won't have to wait long to find out! 

nobody else (with the exception of DH's boss) knows we are PG yet, and I prefer to announce after the NIPT results anyway.  so I won't have to deal with other people's speculations.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel that it's a boy. I ordered that stupid mail in blood test that claims %99 accuracy and it came back girl but I don't believe it at all. Especially not after reading threads about it. Wish I hadn't taken the stupid thing. I'll be going for a 3D asap
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    I feel it's a boy. My parents think boy, everyone else thinks girl. I dunno.
  • Options
    R0824HR0824H member
    I honestly have no clue, I keep getting drawn to girl items when looking online or on Pinterest but I know I have always wanted a little girl. Seeing that I reallllllly would love to have a girl I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up having a boy but then again DH is adamant it is a boy whenever I accidentally say "she" so then I think it could be a girl to prove him wrong LOL I'll just be happy that it's healthy and that this is my rainbow baby
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I had a pretty strong feeling it was a girl, and I was right (got my NIPT results last week).  Before getting the results, I said to my mom "I'll be really surprised if it's a boy".  I'll definitely chalk it up to intuition, although with two girls already, it was hard to imagine anything else.  Lol.
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was certain my last was a boy, but she's definitely a girl. I have no intuition for this, so I'm not even playing the game this time.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    The first time I was convinced it was a girl, but I had my sweet boy. DH and his 2 brothers have only ever had boys, so I am going to go with the guess that this one will be a boy too! But who knows  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Before I got pregnant this time I thought if I ever were to get pregnant again it would be a girl. I feel like it's a boy though. However, whenever I try to think of potential names I only ever consider girl names. So who the hell knows. Lol
  • Options
    prb09003prb09003 member
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    I'm really bad with the intuition thing. We were team green with our first. A little boy came to me in a dream, telling me he was ok. (I woke up sobbing) We had a girl so I think he was telling me he was waiting. Then my second pregnancy was easier so I thought maybe boy but we had another girl.

I have the same symptoms as the first two so maybe girl? I had another dream that I was congratulating some girl on finding out she was having a boy, and everyone in the room was looking at me like I was crazy because nobody was pregnant except me. Weird pregnancy dreams... 

Oh and chinese gender chart chart says I should have 2 boys so that's definitely not accurate for me! 
  • Options
    My "mother's intuition" in my previous pregnancy was so strongly that it was a boy that during my pregnancy I referred to my DD almost solely by our boy name and bought many little boy outfits (and some girl items too). Everyone but my mother told me I was carrying like a boy. I was so shocked when she was born! 

We're team green again and so far this pregnancy feels the same, so this time I'm gearing up for another girl. It would be so wonderful to see them so close and as they are only 12 months apart and for practical reasons I could reuse everything! That said, we'd be over the moon with a boy. I guess time will tell!
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I was right with DD! I didn't have strong feelings from the beginning this time, but after hearing the heartbeat I've thought girl. I guess we'll see in Augustish!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    I've been calling it a boy since day 1, and it's been hard to break that habit. I'm not necessarily hoping for a boy (we're fine either way) but maybe that's a sign? We'll find out in a few weeks, anyway! 
  • Options
    ea301ea301 member
    I have zero intuition, but lean towards girl. Are there any patterns with family history? About 75% of my (many) cousins are girls... Husband is one of 3 boys in his family.

• Options
    The fact that my bump is moody and will only cooperate with my home doppler when DH is using it has me convinced that it's a girl, but we shall see.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I've had fleeting feelings that it's a boy, but honestly I have no idea. A girl would be cool since we'd have one of each, but I'll be happy with a healthy boy or girl.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I feel like it's a boy, but my coworkers all think girl. So who knows! It's fun to guess though :)
  • Options
    I'm saying girl because my preference is a boy lol we already have a little girl and I'd love another girl but since we're done with kids for a little bit I'd love one of each
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    I'm saying boy - but only because we're 100% set on a boy name and not even close for a girl name.

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    karmba said:
    I'm saying boy - but only because we're 100% set on a boy name and not even close for a girl name.
    This was us with DD - we had a boy name the second the test turned pretty much and no clue on a girl name - and then we ended up with DD! :smile: 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Options
    I really felt DD would be a girl, DS I was leaning towards boy because I felt so different. This time, I'm leaning towards girl, but my symptoms are a little in the middle of the two, leaning towards girl a little bit more.  My SIL says girl, and so does my best friend. Both of them have guessed correctly with my first two as well. We will see :) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Based on my US, FI's mom says girl. She is very convinced, but it's still early! Although I've heard with girls you have more acne and MS and that has definitely been the case the past few weeks.
  • Options
    My instinct says girl, but everyone around me is guessing boy. I'm happy either way. :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Different for me I guess, since I'm having two.  I was certain DS was a boy from 8 weeks on.  I'm not having strong feelings but I do feel like I have at least one girl.  Went shopping with H today and he said - one girl for sure - I kept gravitating towards girl stuff and didn't notice.  There will be two.  Penis/Vagina - it's going to be a zoo ;-) 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    Mamax2Mamax2 member
    I'm feeling boy for this one. This pregnancy is completely different than my pregnancy with DD. Chinese gender chart says boy, and it was right with DD. DH and my mom both say boy. We'll be happy either way, but I'm getting my tubes tied after my c-section, and DH has always said he's wanted 1 of each.
  • Options
    DH and I both think girl, but then again we both want a girl. Don't get me wrong, we'd be happy with a boy, but DH has always wanted a little girl. My mom is convinced it's a boy. I guess we'll find out soon enough. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I guessed right from early on with both DD and DS. This time I am feeling it's a girl. But I may be influenced by the fact that DD is constantly saying how badly she wants a sister. DS doesn't care, but DD is longing for a little baby girl in the house so I would love for her to get her wish! This pregnancy is more closely resembling my first pregnancy with DD so that's another reason I'm leaning toward it being a girl this time. Since we have one of each I really don't have a preference besides wanting to grant DD's sister wish. ;) We find out July 2 so time will tell!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think boy. I have 2 boys and 1 girl and I only ever felt strongly about my first and that he was a boy and I guessed right. 
  • Options
    I've been feeling girl from the minute we found out. I am only drawn to girl clothes and keep thinking of the baby as "Daisy" which is one of our girl names. With my DS, I was the same way only I would only look at boy clothes and baby items. I "knew" he was a boy and wasn't surprised a bit when we found out! But really, The Lord has blessed us so I will be just fine with either! I do love being a boy mom!
  • Options
    juliehollz13juliehollz13 member
    edited May 2016
    I've always felt it was a boy, but my husband think it's a girl (even though he wants a boy). I've had dreams lately were i'm literally handed a baby girl. So idk wth i'm having now lol....probably a girl....but i've always felt "boy" and refer to it as "baby max" but again i have no clue.

PS - our NIPT scan came back but I was right, they didnt order the one with the XY chromosome test BUT the test came back great and bebe is doing a-ok so far with no trisomies detected so far. We will be getting a 3D U/S on June 10th! When the NIPT test came back good, DH said he's just happy the baby is healthy and doesn't care what it is :) 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    @whitneyp26  - those blood tests are more accurate than an ultrasound just FYI. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    I'm surprised no one has said

"Well, we're hoping it's a baby, but it could be a velociraptor."

Haha
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    dmontgo said:
    I'm surprised no one has said

"Well, we're hoping it's a baby, but it could be a velociraptor."

Haha
    I'm still convinced mine is going to be a 7 lb jolly rancher...we shall see ;)

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Options
    Kacie209Kacie209 member
    edited May 2016
    FTM here, and NO idea. I keep calling it a girl thinking maybe that will help (knowing that it's already decided). I would be perfectly happy with a boy, but would love to add a girl into the mix of boys on DH's side (we have 4 nephews). Plus, it would be so fun to see DH interact with a girl. He's a great uncle to the boys!

Maybe when we see the u/s next week at my first appointment, I could get a better sense of what we're looking at. :smile:

Edit: To add, that we do plan on doing a chromosomal test (is that the blood test? Sorry, newbie here)... and hope to find out before the 20-week u/s. I know they're pretty accurate, but know people who had been told one and then actually have the other.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    @dmontgo You've seen my profile picture, huh ;-)

Team green, but I feel like this is another boy. I want a girl so desperately, but I think this one will be little brother, and that's ok too. I think ds would be amazing with a baby brother and I am imagining matching baseball uniforms and stuff. DH has more boy cousins and has a brother, so boy wouldn't be surprising.

FWIW dh thinks it's a girl, though he wants another boy, because of how much sicker and more miserable I am this time around. My step dad knew I was pregnant before I did and thinks it's a girl, as does my mother. I gravitate towards girl things and our girl name is picked out, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I had a very vivid vision of being handed a baby girl and crying saying, "I finally got my baby girl!" but am not sure if I fabricated that or not lol. I tend to have strong intuition.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've always felt it was a boy, but my husband think it's a girl (even though he wants a boy). I've had dreams lately were i'm literally handed a baby girl. So idk wth i'm having now lol....probably a girl....but i've always felt "boy" and refer to it as "baby max" but again i have no clue.

PS - our NIPT scan came back but I was right, they didnt order the one with the XY chromosome test BUT the test came back great and bebe is doing a-ok so far with no trisomies detected so far. We will be getting a 3D U/S on June 10th! When the NIPT test came back good, DH said he's just happy the baby is healthy and doesn't care what it is :) 
    @juliehollz13 - your response is almost exactly what mine would be.  I've always assumed our first child would be a boy and DH has always assumed it will be a girl (although we're both happy with any take home baby).  Also is Max your first pick for a boys name?  It is for me!  (Probably Maxwell).
  • Options
    When I'm awake I feel definitely boy, but I always dream about a girl, so who knows.
  • Options

@juliehollz13 - your response is almost exactly what mine would be.  I've always assumed our first child would be a boy and DH has always assumed it will be a girl (although we're both happy with any take home baby).  Also is Max your first pick for a boys name?  It is for me!  (Probably Maxwell).
    @penelope4612 Our baby boy name is Maxwell Benson!!!!
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker