January 2017 Moms

Possible MC... Need Some Advice

Is it ever not a miscarriage if you have a lot of bleeding (with some clots) for most of the day? I'm thinking this is a miscarriage, but the doctor said to come in on Monday and they can run some tests to be sure. At first I thought maybe just implantation spotting, but then it picked up strength and hasn't stopped all day... Also, I had dull cramps all morning and until this afternoon. I'm only 4.5 weeks, but we were so so excited. I'm hopeful maybe it's not a miscarriage, but it sure seems like one, from the reading I've been doing. Trying to stay calm, I will be ok, I'm just really heartbroken.

Has anybody had this happen and it turned out ok in the end?

Re: Possible MC... Need Some Advice

• I have heard of bleeding that wasn't a miscarriage from a subchorionic hematoma - fx everything turns out alright. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• cjs260cjs260 member
    I don't have any experience with heavy bleeding, but I hope your doctor can provide some answers for you on Monday. I know that being in limbo is terrible. You're in my thoughts. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Loading the player...
  • I can only share my experience with you and when I experienced bleeding with cramps it ended up being a miscarriage.  I'm sorry for the stress of having to wait over the weekend.  I hope for the best for you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • When did you last take a pregnancy test? You can test again and see if there is still a second line 

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Thinking of you. 
  • I had bloodwork done at the doctor's office Thursday, but I could test again at home. I'll probably wait until tomorrow. If it's too soon, I might just be picking up leftover hormones, if I did miscarry. It's probably a good thing to have to wait until Monday, that will give more insight into what's going on, it's just stressful not knowing for sure.
  • cabu14cabu14 member
    You're in my thoughts..

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• I'm sorry, @kami6887. The waiting and wondering is torture. Some people that have SCHs bleed with clots and go on to have healthy pregnancies. Some people have SCHs and miscarry. Others bleed throughout their first tri for unknown reasons and are perfectly fine as well. Others of us have bled and it does mean a miscarriage. So I guess all that is to say, it could mean a lot of things, and unfortunately all of it's out of your control. Try to relax and focus on something else until your appointment, as impossible as that sounds. I will be hoping the best for you!!
  • mjolkmjolk member
    ThePax89 said:
    When did you last take a pregnancy test? You can test again and see if there is still a second line 

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Thinking of you. 
    I don't agree -- after a miscarriage the pregnancy hormone can remain in your body for weeks. The only way to know is ultrasound or repeated blood tests.

Sorry you are going through this.
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• I'm sorry, @kami6887. The waiting and wondering is torture. Some people that have SCHs bleed with clots and go on to have healthy pregnancies. Some people have SCHs and miscarry. Others bleed throughout their first tri for unknown reasons and are perfectly fine as well. Others of us have bled and it does mean a miscarriage. So I guess all that is to say, it could mean a lot of things, and unfortunately all of it's out of your control. Try to relax and focus on something else until your appointment, as impossible as that sounds. I will be hoping the best for you!!
    This totally. I'm so so sorry that you're having to go through the wait until Monday to find out more. Hugs and hoping for some good news. Keeping you in my thoughts. 

June Siggy Challenge: Robert Downey Jr

37 yr old mama with 4yr old DD and 2 yr old DS

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker

• BrialaBriala member
    ❤️ Good luck you're in my thoughts 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • I'm going through the same thing right now.  Was in the ER Friday night.  Now have to wait till Monday to get more blood work to see what's going on.  Trying to stay positive.  
  • Don't take another at home pregnancy test.  HCG (what they test for the presence of) will remain in your system for a long time so the test result won't mean anything.  Chances are, the doctor will order an ultrasound to check on the baby's heartbeat as well as do a blood draw to get an HCG count and have you come in 48 hours later for another draw to see what the numbers are doing.

Try to keep your chin up.  My friend had some bleeding (I didn't ask for a description though) and months later her baby is doing great!  She was told to try to relax and stay off her feet when she can.  I just made her cupcakes and a box for her gender reveal party balloon release.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Agree  not to take another test- it can take weeks for all the hcg to leave your body.  Fingers crossed for good news.  Try to distract yourself as much as you can today (easier said than done,  I know! ). 
  • @mjolk it definitely can, I agree. A positive hpt doesn't always signify being pregnant, just the presence of hcg. A negative hpt, however, can confirm an unfortunate loss. 

OP, I am really rooting for you and your bean. There are so many reasons for bleeding in the first tri, and lots of them result in a healthy baby in 9 months. 
  • In my experience miscarriage cramps are incredibly intense- like when they're happening you know exactly what is happening. And yes there are a lot of reasons for bleeding that aren't miscarriage. But the best way to know is to see your doctor. Sorry you had to wait until Monday, that's a lot of anxious waiting. Fingers crossed for you. 
  • KimC85KimC85 member
    I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. Like everyone has said, bleeding can be a miscarriage but there a plenty of women that bleed through pregnancy and have healthy babies. 
    It wouldn't be implantation bleeding though.  Implantation happened a long time ago. 
  • I'm sorry this is happening.  I had a major bleed during my 5th week.  I went to the ER and my ultrasound picked up a heartbeat.  It was a subchoronic hemorrhage.  I'm in the middle of week 7 and had an ultrasound a few days ago.  Found 2 heartbeats (that was a shocker) and can see the hematoma, which is pretty big and still causing some bleeding.  I don't know what's going to happen with our little ones, just trying to stay positive.  The waiting is difficult but know that we are thinking about you.  Sending hugs and prayers.
    TTC since 3/2014
    PCOS - Clomid Oct. - Dec. 2014
    Cancelled IUI Nov. 2015
    IVF #1 retrieval 2/2016, transfer 4/18/16 (1 embie, 17 frosties)
    BFP 4/28/16
    Beta #1 - 126, beta #2 - 8311
    SCH 5/10/16 - baby still has heartbeat!
    U/S 5/19 - We are having TWINS!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mizzoumomma11mizzoumomma11 member
    edited May 2016
    @TannaBean --Just curious, did your bleed last a few days? I'm not having major cramps, but when I stand up, it's like my period is happening. It's hard to describe... I want to believe that maybe everything's ok, but it just doesn't seem possible that it could be, with this much bleeding... But you said you had a lot? I know I'll find out more tomorrow, but now I'm wondering if maybe I should have gone to the ER, like you did. My doctor said there's nothing we can do, and to wait, but now I'm wanting an U/S to look for signs of life.
  • I've had bleeding in early pregnancy (5 weeks) and my son is now 3. The bleeding was bright red, but not a significant amount. My second pregnancy, I had bleeding that involved lots of clots and it was a mc. Hoping the best for you! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cabu14cabu14 member
    You are in my thoughts today <3

• I hope you get good news at your appointment today

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope all goes well today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have bled off and on this entire pregnancy. They did find a bruise where the baby implanted that is most likely the case.  I haven't bled in about a week so hopefully its gone.  I was told that drinking a ton of water helps. 

My dr said that I could call her anytime, but not to worry unless I was soaking pads and cramping pretty severely.

Fingers crossed for you today! Keep us posted! 
  • mjolkmjolk member
    @kami68887

Hey, I'm in a similar boat. My story is in the When'd you find out thread. I got my blood drawn this weekend and am supposed to hear back today. Not sure when I do my second draw. Fingers crossed for us!
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• BrialaBriala member
    Good luck fx that you need to go back on Wednesday
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • I found out today that I miscarried. I'm so sad  :'(

I hope that everything turns out okay for you. 
  • newmommyZ said:
    I found out today that I miscarried. I'm so sad  :'(

I hope that everything turns out okay for you. 
    So sorry to hear that :(
  • I'm going in this morning after I started bleeding yesterday. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst
  • @newmommyz I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you.
  • I had heavy bleeding at 6w4d and thought I was having a miscarriage.  Had the blood work done 48hrs apart and then an ultrasound and it was there - heartbeat and all. 

I had a subchorionic hematoma - which aren't totally unheard of.  The bleeding was heavier than any period I've ever had in my life...which is why I was convinced I miscarried.   BUT, I hadn't.  Get to see the baby this Friday again!
  • @newmommyZ you're in my thoughts *hugs
  •  I did NOT get my results today. They also sent a sample to do a blood type test (when I was pregnant with my son, they told me I was A-, and made me pay for the Rhogam shot, but then in the hospital when I delivered, they said I was A+, so now they're confused and want to know for sure, bc if I'm A-, then I need a Rhogam shot), and the lab takes 2 days to do a blood type test, and they wanted to send both tests back together at the same time. I was pissed, and the nurse was pissed, so she was trying to get them to send just the hcg results, but apparently she didn't convince them bc she never called me back...

So I have to spend another day not knowing if I've lost my baby or not... I'm not a happy camper right now, but I'm trying to stay calm and distract myself. Today is the 5 week mark, but I can't bring myself to take a bump pic...

• @kami6887 I am frustrated for you!! I am so sorry. Sending lots of prayers your way!
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    @Kami6887 Ugh! I'm so very, very sorry! Hopefully it will be good news they deliver tomorrow. Thinking of you tonight! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• @kami6887 I just can't even. That's so ridiculous. Fx they get back to you with all good news and soon. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• cabu14cabu14 member
    @kami6887 the waiting is ridiculously hard but to push it back even further must be so frustrating. My thoughts have been with you! FX for good news. 

• That is ridiculous! So sorry, ugh!
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014