July 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 5/20

Re: FFFC 5/20

• Options

@elenabrent @PootsDragon have heard of Little Big Planet so I'll definitely look into it. I'll do almost anything to make GTA just GO AWAY.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I have been playing Lego Lord of the Rings lately! So relaxing, and I get a weird satisfaction out of smashing stuff and picking up all the little coins :)
  • Options
    rnyland1 said:

@afaddis89 I pretty much hate that my husband plays video games. In fact I can't stand it (or maybe it's just GTA that I can't stand) but....who knows, maybe I should offer to play with him sometime, since as a child I was a Donkey Kong master!! I wish there were more "women-friendly" games for PS4 though. Maybe one of the lego games would be tame enough for me?

FFFC: I don't ever seem to have very many confessions for Fridays. Adulthood/motherhood has turned me into an incredibly boring person these days.

So I was never a video game fan, and my hand/eye coordination is still pretty terrible, so I rarely join my husband in playing. However, e discovered that I actually really love a lot of the stories in the more involved games. He will play and I'll do stuff on my phone or computer, and we will watch the story segments together like a show, and make the character decisions together. It's actually turned into something we both live enough that some days when I don't feel like actively watching TV, but we want to be together, I'll ask him to play video games. My favorite thus far has been DragonAge. Might be worth a try?
  • Options
    hreed7289 said:
    FFFC: A lot of people I know are starting to become home consultants and I can't stand them anymore.  If you have a product I want to buy, I will let you know by joining your FB group or asking you questions. Please, please stop sending me blast marketing messages about your books, skincare, jewelry, essential oils, kitchen products, makeup, purses, etc. If I declined a request to join your facebook "party" to buy things, do not ask me about it in person.  

My FFFC: I was a beach body coach, trying to make some extra money for my family (and trying to lose weight). I ended up getting a lot of beach body coaches on my friends list because of it and now I can't stand it. They all drive my crazy. The worst part is, some of the other beach body coaches didn't even take the time to look at my profile or info and kept trying to sell me the product, I just ignored them because if they even bothered to look at my info, they would realize I was a coach too (at the time).
  • Options
    hreed7289 said:
    FFFC: A lot of people I know are starting to become home consultants and I can't stand them anymore.  If you have a product I want to buy, I will let you know by joining your FB group or asking you questions. Please, please stop sending me blast marketing messages about your books, skincare, jewelry, essential oils, kitchen products, makeup, purses, etc. If I declined a request to join your facebook "party" to buy things, do not ask me about it in person.  

Yep. I have a friend who texts me and won't take no for an answer ever, so I always have to just stop replying if I want to get out of whatever it is. I say no very clearly and kindly, and I think that should be enough!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    hreed7289 said:

My FFFC: I was a beach body coach, trying to make some extra money for my family (and trying to lose weight). I ended up getting a lot of beach body coaches on my friends list because of it and now I can't stand it. They all drive my crazy. The worst part is, some of the other beach body coaches didn't even take the time to look at my profile or info and kept trying to sell me the product, I just ignored them because if they even bothered to look at my info, they would realize I was a coach too (at the time).
    I was a Beachbody coach at one point too. Mostly, just for the discounts, because I really liked their workout programs. But I also ran a fitness group on FB (that was private) and we did daily activities and such to help keep each other motivated. Unlike the other BBC's in my team, I didn't require people to buy a package, just to join the fitness group. I actually really liked helping people, even if they weren't using the products, but it sucked up so much of my time (on top of working 10 hour days), that I just couldn't keep up with it. It was awesome to see all of the people in my group losing inches (on whatever program they were choosing to do), and having that group to help give support was awesome. Occasionally we met up for park workouts or walks. However, I couldn't handle all of the posts of team members, many of them could have cared less about the people they were coaching and were just pushing for the sale, even trying to find new things to say to them to convince them to purchase. They would also lie about getting to try new products before they were out, even though we all knew that only the top few BB coaches were able to actually try them out (and these were coaches who were making $100k+ per year and had hundreds of coaches signed up under them). They always talked about how in the team they were this "family" and blah, blah, blah.....but when I got married, not a single one of them said congrats or anything. And when I walked away, nobody asked me why (or where I went), not even my coach I was signed up under. I still love their products, but I could care less about their coaches and how they sell themselves to others.....
  • Options
    @PhoebeJune1984  I know,  I think there are others like you who genuinely want to help, but so many of them just want to make money. Plus I am sick of seeing all their selfies.  They all look the same - here I am in this workout outfit.... now here I am in another one... and yet another one... we get it, you work out (or at least put on yoga pants)
  • Options
    @jjtruffles attention whore.

• Options
    @MamaBish good!!! Feed yourself and fatten up your sweet girl!

• Options
    This could go under the gestational diabetes thread... but its also a confession. I ended up passing my 3 hour test, though they told me I should stick to the 1800 calorie meal plan. I told them "Yeah, sure, no problem!" and then finished my slice of pizza after I hung up. I have been eating better over all... but I don't think I have looked at that sheet again since they told me I passed.
  • Options
    My shave related FFFC: I haven't touched the lady bits with a razor for the past few months. Once the baby bump showed up and made it difficult to maneuver myself to see what I was doing, I gave up. Oh well.
  • Options
    I shamelessly was using our guest couch to take a nap. It's an incredibly comfortable leather. I really didn't care what the two co-workers thought...but I felt the need to get up when one of my bosses unexpectedly showed up. Luckily he didn't seem to care. I plan to resume as soon as he leaves!
  • Options
    Lurking from June...I fully agree with the home consultant thing.

I had a good friend who got involved in one of these MLM home consultant businesses having to do with phone plans or something. I went to an intro meeting because he invited me, and politely declined to get involved. I didn't see him for almost a year cause we live at different ends of the city, then he texts me to say "We should catch up! It's been ages! Let's have breakfast." 

So I drive halfway across the city and when I get there, it's not us having breakfast. It's him and me and another random guy who've been invited to be 'pitched' about how great this business is and try to sign us up. I've never been so pissed off in my life. Haven't seen him since. 
  • Options
    MamaBish said:
    I'm using pumping as an excuse to eat more. But not like the Few calories suggested more, like a lot more. I'm starving!!
    I have never felt hunger like I did when I was pumping! Eat up lady! And when I tried to eat less and exercise my milk supply dipped.
  • Options
    @BecauseBabyIamAPug hahaha I do that at other people's houses. I CAN'T HELP MYSELF. IT'S JUST WRONG. 
  • Options
    KASGKASG member
    @BecauseBabyIamAPug @stellaluna14 ...and what's the "correct" way? Lol
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    KASGKASG member
    @jwittwer good answer!!! Lol
    #justchecking