December 2016 Moms
Options

Toot your horn Tuesday -5.17

big accomplishments (graduating, landing a new job)

or small (finally taking an adult sized poop this morning)

why are you awesome today?

Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Toot your horn Tuesday -5.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    I had myself ready to go to work by 8:30 the past two mornings - which has felt like a huge accomplishment. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    Oh man. I had put on real pants for today but after a violent morning puke fest I peed them *hangs head in shame* **yea right. I don't even feel shame anymore... This is my life**

screw real pants.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    I am going in to the office today to get some work done (my H and I work for a remodeling company. He is the shop manager and I do (very) part time admin work). I have makeup and deodorant on and, at some point within the next 15-ish minutes will drag myself upstairs to put on real clothes. My hair is in the same bun I went to bed with and that's just not a battle worth fighting today. Baby steps. 
  • Options
    Food actually tasted good yesterday! I think I ate the best pb&j of my life! :smiley: 
  • Options
    KatieJ6KatieJ6 member
    I managed to get up on time today, get both boys and myself off and ready for the day and was early for work! 

Katie married to Matt 
    Mom to Micah(03/2013) and Asher(01/2015) 
    Baby #3 coming December 2016

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I didn't completely freak out while getting my blood taken this morning! I'm super afraid of/skeeved out by needles. This was a big moment for me, haha. 
  • Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    It's after lunch, and my pants are still buttoned. Last week with the same pair, I had them unbuttoned all day. The on again off again bloat struggles.
  • Options
    KatBHKatBH member
    cgss11 said:
    It's after lunch, and my pants are still buttoned. Last week with the same pair, I had them unbuttoned all day. The on again off again bloat struggles.
    You should get a Bellaband!  The bloat I'm having is no joke, so it's been a lifesaver. 
  • Options
    I made it through the day alive. I'm calling it a win!
  • Options
    I just did a load of dishes after fighting my toddler to go to bed for the past 2 hours. I'm done for the night!
  • Options
     It's Wednesday but I am so excited to be drinking a cup of coffee without hurling that I just have to post about it. Holla! 
  • Options
    temmetimetemmetime member
    edited May 2016
    I have pooped everyday since finding out we're pregnant. I don't want to jinx it by talking about it.. but from a typically irregular struggling gal, this feels amazing! Small life victories :) Edit: Note that we found out 6 weeks ago. Six weeks of pooping regularly for the first time in my life, yay baby!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    dmontgo said:
    Checked my blood pressure today---way lower than it was at the doctor's last week! I think doctors just give me the heebie jeebies. Feeling a lot calmer about it now. Hopefully it stays this way!
    @dmontgo - not sure if I mentioned this in my PM but your BP rises throughout the day.  A late afternoon doc appt will always have a higher reading than an early AM one.  Keep that in mind as your taking your own BP.  You want to take different times of day since your body has a natural rhythm of rise and fall. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    @DiFazette Right you are! DH is a trained medic and he's been really helpful in taking my BP...manually, just like you suggested. Overall the trends are looking good, and we haven't had a repeat of 134 or 155/109! *whew* 
  • Options
    @dmontgo my bp is also all over the place. When in pain or discomfort it can spike HIGH. It defaults to quite low. Last time in labor it was crazy high but I explained to the midwife that it does that when I'm in pain (though I'll admit it had never been that high... I can't remember the numbers but it was like beyond hyper tension into "you're gonna have a heart attack" range. Anyway we just kept an eye on it and there were no issues but it was good to know my body just fluctuates bp way more than "normal"
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    @slartybartfast I have the same thing. When I was suffering from my spinal injury, my BP was quite high because I was in crippling pain. Or when i get anxious it will go up. Otherwise, it is low to normal. Since I've had my back addressed, that has really normalized my BP. 
  • Options
    All bodies spike BP in pain, it's part of our sympathetic nervous system response.  Acute BP rises can result in stroke. Heart attacks are the result of prolonged evlevated BP when scarring occurs in the arteries causing plaque build up over time.  

I'm not trying to be bitchy, high blood pressure in PG nearly killed me and DS, I just don't want anyone to read the above comment and think that high blood pressure in PG is 'okay'.  It's very dangerous.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I haven't thrown up since Monday which was while I was driving and I stayed in my lane and didn't hit anyone.  Also, this morning my daughter was in a horrible mood but I still got up and got her to preschool and got myself to work early. Yay for productivity.