December 2016 Moms

Randoms 5/15 - 5/22

13»

Re: Randoms 5/15 - 5/22

• TollerToller member
    @PharmDMom have you tried coconut oil? It's maaagic!!

Plus it like "calms" skin down, so a 2 for 1?

Normal lube burns for me....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Toller02 said:
    @PharmDMom have you tried coconut oil? It's maaagic!!

Plus it like "calms" skin down, so a 2 for 1?

Normal lube burns for me....

Coconut oil for lube?? Never heard of it! Guess it's worth a try!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • R0824HR0824H member
    @leksiL I too am a cat person so I could not do the bb gun thing lol I'll have to look into that, I might get DH to kind of till the dirt first and pick out any visible.."clumps" :)

@PharmDMom I am completely in the same boat as you!! lowest sex drive possible and fire crotch after (I've evn gone downstairs to get a cool cloth after *covers face with hands*) We've been using the rest of our pre-seed because I never had burning after that when we were ttgp..but now it just doesn't matter. I would have never though about trying it with a condom though...I feel like that would create more friction/burn :/ I guess let me know if it works better? lol
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Just wanted to throw out a little PSA about coconut oil as lube, because of it's antimicrobial properties it can disrupt your normal vaginal microbial flora in some people.  So if you start getting yeast infections it may be the coconut oil ;)
  • TollerToller member
    Fauxpa said:
    Just wanted to throw out a little PSA about coconut oil as lube, because of it's antimicrobial properties it can disrupt your normal vaginal microbial flora in some people.  So if you start getting yeast infections it may be the coconut oil ;)

.I did know it was antimicrobial but I've never had an issue.....good to be aware of though!!! I've known women to use it to treat /soothe a yeast infection....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, not everyone has issues with it, but my gyno threw it out there to just watch and if you have issues to discontinue
  • @R0824H Some things I've read say the prostaglandins in seminal fluid are what can be aggravating to the vaginal area. So that's why condoms can help. (I assume you would also have to lube up well so you avoid the friction issue) I hate that you're experiencing it too but so glad to know I'm not alone!! After we dtd on Saturday, I told DH I need one of the amazing crotch ice packs that the hospital gives you after delivery. Seriously.  But a cold cloth does help a little too. I'll let you know if the condom helps whenever we try it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have debated planting some flowers, and thought about picking some up next week to plan next weekend (we're out of town this weekend). But, our neighbors to the south of us don't feel like parenting their children when they're outside, so I can see the pots getting damaged by the one small child they have. I mean, he's been throwing rocks into our yard and at the vole traps that DH has set up... so, I can only imagine what he'd do with some flower pots. They never seem to play in their own yard, and we don't care if they're in ours... but one of these days something is going to happen to our house and not theirs as a result. We call them the Cousin Eddies, cos they're so bad.

DH and I have not had sex since we were TTC. It's mainly cos I don't know what will happen down there when we do, and want to first make sure the baby is healthy and growing. We do other stuff that DH actually prefers, so it works. I did O a couple times and had some pain going on immediately following. And then one of those times, had some red spotting afterwards. It only lasted a couple bathroom trips, but made me nervous. So, I am done with that until I know everything is going well.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Catching up on this thread while my toddler lounges quietly in her crib this morning... I mean, I seriously hit the jackpot with this girl. She will lay and quietly sing to herself or just snuggle up in there until I'm ready to get up. 

Anyway, for those of you having regular sex, *slow clap*. My H is pretty incredible, but I'm just in no shape. However, Saturday or Sunday is usually a definite for us but I just haven't had the energy and/or I'm too nauseous during the week. Womp womp. 
    Second vote for coconut oil lube! I have sensitive skin so this has been a game changer for us. 
  • We got announcements made for family not on social media and for those that just want to hang something on their fridge. They came in the mail yesterday and they look so good! It's the same picture I posted on the announcement page. DH is supposed to call his aunt today to let her know and we're not looking forward to it. We're expecting her to try and take control of everything and go off saying how it has to be a boy for the family name to continue. I don't get how people can't be happy there's actually going to BE a next generation. They all knew there was a good probability I would never have kids, so this little one is our miracle, and why can't you be happy or excited about that?
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• PharmDMom said:
    1. I bought an awesome pair of Jessica Simpson maternity skinny jeans and finally broke them out today. They are sooooo comfy. Screw the hair band holding my regular jeans together thing. My work pants are still comfy with a hair band (and my maternity dress pants are still too big) so I'll keep wearing those. But the JS  maternity jeans are da bomb!!

2. I have almost started a sex thread a few times. For those who are having it, how is it?? It's not great over here bc my crotch is ON FIRE afterwards. Like seriously burning. Every time. Wth? I googled it and it's definitely a thing. We are going to try with a condom to see if that decreases the burning thing bc of course if the interwebs say it helps, I should at least try right? lol Oh and please don't misunderstand. There is not lots of hot sex going on here. I'm talking once a week or so. I have no desire (my drive is low un-pregnant, let alone first tri pregnant) but I'm trying to keep things somewhat regular for DH bc he is a rock star husband (not being sarcastic, I really won a prize with him!) and it's one way I show my appreciation/love. Anyways...... is sex painful or uncomfortable for anyone else??
    Yes! Sometimes it's(sex)  pretty uncomfortable for me now. What is up with the burning? *le sigh* My drive is pretty low because of 1st tri woes, but( before my BFP)  DH and I were always pretty active. It's a little sad for me that most nights I just don't feel like it now. Hopefully 2nd tri will see an upswing in energy. 
    BabyFetus Ticker