December 2016 Moms

Randoms 5/15 - 5/22

Blurt it
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Randoms 5/15 - 5/22

• With my last bmb, I didn't join until like 13 weeks and was toward the end of the month so ms posts were pretty much done. I didn't realize how many comrades I had! Though mine did last well into 2nd tri. Almost all my IRL friends have been pregnant heroes... For them it's nbd while for me it's constantly questioning if I'll actually survive this.

i always thought I was super strong. I busted my knee wide open and stayed calm and just said "well, looks like an ER trip" I shattered my ankle and leg bones and had the same reaction. I've powered through many races, even some 24 hour ones. I'm pregnant am I'm a total mess. I thought I bucked up at the end last time but DH let me know that, no, I was a wreck the whole time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • @slartybartfast - yeah honestly I feel like I'm generally a pretty high functioning person, but this pregnancy is killing me.  I have worked 80 hour weeks before with no sleep at times during the week.  Now I'm like a toddler if I don't get at least 10 hours of sleep.  I can't focus, I'm super lazy, I'm slacking on just about everything other than physically getting to work.  I can seemingly no longer manage to get it together to cook (or eat) regular dinners, go to the gym, clean the apartment, or do anything that doesn't involve sitting on the couch.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree on the symptoms. There's just no letting up with them. My baby is conducting psychological warfare in addition to the physical torture. Time in first tri just passes so slowly when I'm just waiting to feel better.

Although DH and I aren't planning on making any big announcements outside of family until 12 weeks, I'm finding that due to symptoms, I'm just telling individuals here and there. At graduation, we had to stand for such a long time in hot areas that I was getting very light-headed. So I ended up having to tell the two professors with me about the pregnancy so they didn't think I was being rude when I sat down randomly throughout the ceremony. They were super nice about it and were fanning me to try to help it pass, but I hate not being able to just "push" through these symptoms and pretend like I'm feeling fine. I'm used to continuing to work while passing kidney stones, but pregnancy? Nope, can't do it. I'm a bigger baby than my embryo.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • While I'm not super sick like you @slartybartfast (so sorry! creepy internet hugs!) I'm still just barely functioning. My LO isn't sleeping through the night and at least once a day requires to be bounced for 45 minutes (at least!) to fall asleep. My back is killing me. I'm just a zombie. Although, I did read that the more active you are during pregnancy the more likely it is that your baby will enjoy exercise so, silver lining? 
  • beff12beff12 member
    This pregnancy is throwing me for a loop too. I thought my pregnancy with DD was difficult - I felt so sick and was teaching and muddled through my school days. Now it seems a billion times worse...I think because of chasing a toddler all day. Ugh. 

In other news, we went to a ball game last night and I watched so many people get ice cream and I just really wanted ice cream. I didn't get any and I'm still regretting it. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• I am so over this MS. It's all day, every day. DH took me to Cici's yesterday and I lost it in the bathroom there (gross, but not like I had a choice). Couldn't keep anything down the rest of the day. First thing tomorrow I'm calling the doctors office and asking them for something else, because the Zofran clearly isn't working anymore. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I hate to say it but misery really does love company. Knowing you guys are in the same boat makes me feel like. Okay. We can get through this. <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Well in the spirit of the randoms thread, I'm gonna bust in with a new topic. My DD decided to throw a fit on the stairs and ended up jerking her elbow out of place. I was a wreck while I was trying to use Dr. Google to see why she wasnt using her arm and found the links to nursemaids elbow. Called the pediatricians office and they said to come in immediately as they may need to X-ray it. The doctor took one look at it and popped it in within 10 seconds. DD cried a little and then got stickers and was fine. So the oncall nurse was way more dramatic then she needed to be. The dr we saw was our usual pediatrician and she's amazing so I'm glad she was there today (it's a practice with several doctors).

On the topic of nausea I definitely feel it when I'm hungry but then nothing sounds good because I'm nauseous so I usually need to power through some food and hope for the best
  • queenklauqueenklau member
    edited May 2016
    Omg, I just got asked if I was pregnant for the first time by some random sat this baby shower. I must look sooooo bloated. I said I was but that it was mostly bloat and fat lol!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• beff12beff12 member
    queenklau said:
    Omg, I just got asked if I was pregnant for the first time by some random sat this baby shower. I must look sooooo bloated. I said I was but that it was mostly bloat and fat lol!
    That was brave of them to ask! I always figure if I can't be 100% certain just by looking it's safer to not mention it haha

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• I just had my first set of phantom kicks. I was dreaming about when I was pregnant with L and had to do kick counts. I woke up and felt several 'kicks' up by my ribs. It was an experience I hope to not repeat soon or ever.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• beff12 said:
    queenklau said:
    That was brave of them to ask! I always figure if I can't be 100% certain just by looking it's safer to not mention it haha
    Agreed. Glad I was.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• A guy at work rubbed my bloat twice this week. It was awkward. 

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I agree on the mutual belly rubs. It also made me feel better about them rubbing my belly. Just dive in to full awkward 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Lol my brain didn't even have time to process it the first time and the second time I was thinking there was no way he was going to do it again. 

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm super bloated and gassy and just realized it's probably because the new breakfast bars I bought are high in fiber.  Sigh.
  • I started to get a little bump this weekend.  When I suck in or pull all my fat up or down it protrudes.  I noticed it in the late AM yesterday and by dinner H was like - there my babies are!!  I'm nervous with how big I will get with twins.  I delivered 6 weeks early with DS and he was IUGR so I didn't get big.  I think I'm going to make up for it this go round.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• beff12beff12 member
    Update: bought ice cream tonight. A carton of mint chocolate chip which my husband doesn't like so this sucker is alllllll mine. 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Apparently I must be starting to show or something because the workers at DD's daycare asked DH if I was pregnant last week. Unless I said something that spilled the beans but I dont remember saying anything... I'll be 12 weeks on Wednesday
  • beff12 said:
    Update: bought ice cream tonight. A carton of mint chocolate chip which my husband doesn't like so this sucker is alllllll mine. 
    That's my hubby's favortie, aside from Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• dmontgodmontgo member
    I mentioned this strange, copy-cat friend a few weeks back about how she felt me being pregnant was competition for her getting married.

She informed me they are going to the courthouse a year before their wedding for money reasons (they owe money and can't afford it if he's not getting dependent military benefits), but not telling their parents even though they're shelling out bookoo bucks for this shindig. She said that she's not going to tell them because she still wants her big wedding, and besides, "I don't think courthouse weddings count as real weddings anyway, and it's not like we'll be REALLY married!" 

She knows DH and I got married in a courthouse. It wasn't what we initially planned, but it was so special for us. She made it worse by saying they're going to have a mini-moon in the same city we did...staying at the same place, visiting the same places. DH loves to tell our wedding story, and she had asked me before what we did when we got married, which is how she knows. Ugh. I feel annoyed. Maybe irrationally annoyed, but our marriage is awesome and sure feels real to us. I apologize for the vent. I think her immaturity has made me reach a boiling point.
  • beff12beff12 member
    beff12 said:
    That's my hubby's favortie, aside from Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. 
    Your husband has good taste! Mine thinks that no food should taste like mint (other than actual mints). He thinks all mint flavored food tastes like toothpaste. Haha!

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• @dmontgo kudos to you for not clocking her or at the very least, telling her off. The next time she says something catty like that I think you should look confused and ask her what she means by that. It's not rude and it'll make her squirm.
  • dmontgodmontgo member
    @doodleoodle I think I was so shocked I didn't say anything. I did tell her that at the very least she needs to tell her parents; if I was spending that kind of money thinking my daughter wasn't married, I would be angry my daughter lied to me or kept it from me. Of course it became that she doesn't want to rob herself or anyone else of the experience, etc. I think people would understand considering the military, but I do think it's dishonest not to say anything. But then again, I have respect for people...
  • @dmontgo some people just have no class. I hope she knows that if it doesn't work out she will need a real divorce regardless of whether or not she has a big wedding ceremony at a later date. And how awkward will it be when her parents wish her a happy anniversary on the wrong date every year... Geez. She's really thought this through :neutral: 
  • RatsPJRatsPJ member
    @dmontgo The marriage isn't REAL?!? WTF is wrong with her? She sounds like a terribly selfish and insecure person. I almost feel bad for her, but not enough to resist the urge to punch her in the throat. 
  • @dmontgo my baby hates this person too. WT serious F? I admire your restraint in not punching this chick out already, or giving her the verbal lashing she deserves. Courthouse weddings not real. I'm as romantic as they come, but all marriage is is a signed legal document, and as long as it's signed by the right people and filed with the state, guess what, YOU'RE MARRIED! I can get having a courthouse wedding then a big shin-dig later on. I've had friends who have done that, and I've also had friends just get married at the courthouse. But to lie about it just to ensure she gets what she wants? How selfish. I wonder if she's even getting married for the right reasons here.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm not sure if your friend is aware but a courthouse wedding is just as legal as a big fancy one. If they're in that much financial stress, maybe they should rethink the big wedding? For now anyways. 
  • dmontgodmontgo member
    @RatsPJ I feel the same way. Very insecure and selfish, I think. And she wants me to be a bridesmaid! Nope nope nope.

@phoenix870509 I definitely understand having the bigger affair later--when DH returned from deployment, we had a nice reception party. But I think you nailed it on the head--what bothers me is the lying so she gets what she wants--besides the fact that she believes courthouse marriages aren't real (?!?!). We told people we were married and they understood and didn't hold any ill will against us, and we still had a great time. I guess she is afraid no one will celebrate her if they know she's married. I think she is more obsessed with having the wedding rather than having a solid marriage...which is troubling but she is going to have to deal with those consequences. Irritating for sure.
  • dmontgodmontgo member
    @DiFazette What makes it so weird is that I haven't known this lady for even a year. I go out of my way not to hang out with her, but when we are together it's outrageously passive aggressive. She'll talk to me about issues and I'll give some advice and she's immediately defensive--as if I'm telling her not to get married. Then she'll justify her decisions. It's weird. He had lied to her about being divorced when he was still technically married, and he just got divorced a month ago but he proposed once she found out. Bad vibes for sure. She says I'm a "super close friend" and wants me in the wedding, and I'm very confused by this. With her copying of my clothes, piercings, and car from before, it's just a strange feeling. And you're right--if it's secret there's a problem. Thank you for the encouragement. <3

@sharkey I think she is immature. Her parents are footing the bill, that's why she's full steam ahead.
  • dmontgodmontgo member
    And yes yes yes to being hungry. To control calories, I prepack small bags of carrots or apples to munch on and tha helps.
  • @dmontgo - that's really just sad.  Her courthouse wedding will be her REAL wedding and everyone will be celebrating a fake event.  If people find out (which they will, I bet she spills the beans) they're going to be super annoyed.  She should just get married and then throw a party after.  Seems quite an AW move to me.

@DiFazette - I'm on my third breakfast for the day.  And it's 9am.  I just try to eat small healthy snacks (like dmontgo I try to prepare them ahead of time so I know I have healthy options so I don't just grab junk at work).
  • I eat 2 breakfasts most days, especially during the week. I need something as soon as I get into work (7am) and then have something else around 8:30-9. I usually bring a sandwich bag size of cereal to snack on and then oatmeal or yogurt for my actual breakfast. However, lately... I have been eating ALL the cereal instead of leaving it to snack on all day. It's addicting! I keep everything else pretty in control and bring fruit/veggies for other snacks at work.

I have not had any "are you pregnant?" questions yet, although ALL of my pants are super tight and from going from wearing fitted tops to loose blouses all the sudden, I am surprised some people haven't. We had our youngest nephews birthday party Saturday and weren't planning on saying anything to anyone still. Well, one time I went downstairs to refill my "drink" from the bar (caffeine free diet coke), and one of DH's uncles was down there filling up his drink. I thought for sure he'd say something when I was just pouring pop instead of adding my normal Morgan to it, but nope! I think he kind of knows something is up, cos we were with him and DH's aunt the day after I got the BFP and I was drinking lemonade, and then this past Thursday for his cousins birthday I met them out, after I had something else going on, and just ordered water. I also declined the wine jello shots that my FIL had brought up (no, this isn't normal... but he had made them for a Wine Walk that was going on the day before that his company passed out in his town). So far, so good... but soon this belly (bloat and all) will be making a grand entrance!
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**