July 2016 Moms

Annoying MIL

OLYALEOLYALE member
edited May 2016 in July 2016 Moms

Sorry I will repost elsewhere. Thanks

Re: Annoying MIL

• DarkCatDarkCat member
    TLDR: Best thing you can do is either A) Stand up to her and nip it in the butt now or B) Have your husband have a Frank discussion about her behavior. 
  • Loading the player...
  • kellz14kellz14 member
    Hi @OLYALE, welcome to the July board.  If you lurk and read around, you'll see lots of women here have MIL issues and can absolutely relate to you.  As PP mentioned, we have a randoms thread where something like this would fit better than starting a dedicated new thread.  We like to keep our boards neat and organized, but you will find that we are an extremely supportive group.  Happy bumping and hope you continue to participate :)
  • DarkCatDarkCat member
    Apparently  b  ) makes that smile face?? Lol 
  • I think we also have an inlaws thread here too..
  • YeezusButtersYeezusButters member
    edited May 2016
  • Seriously, what is going on lately.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • YeezusButtersYeezusButters member
    edited May 2016
    Ooooh with the DD

• 1) grow some balls and tell her to shut it.
    2) have your DH also grow some balls and tell him to tell her to shut it.

Tell her that your body, labor, birth and post partum are not up for discussion or debate. And if she not be civil she will not be involved. 
  • I agree with @BecauseBabyIamAPug . Also, I am pretty sure that when you talk to your doctors and nurses at the hospital, if you tell them you don't want her in the room they will make sure she is not there. This is about the health of you and your baby and they probably won't allow a huge added stress like that in the room.