July 2016 Moms
Options

U/O Thursday

2»

Re: U/O Thursday

• Options
    @DarkCat  oh man! That sounds hard. Thank goodness for the unfollow button. Hopefully he's civil in person? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DarkCat my hubs is a Trump supporter! I can't really unfollow him. Luckily he doesn't post much political stuff on facebook. He also doesn't vote so that's one less vote for Trump!! Sometimes I think I know him better than himself though -- with the way that he thinks, he definitely fits the libertarian school of thought more than the republican one, he just doesn't realize it!! I guess I can still keep him though.
  • Options
    DarkCatDarkCat member
    @DarkCat  oh man! That sounds hard. Thank goodness for the unfollow button. Hopefully he's civil in person? 
    We try not to talk about politics.... Or religion... Or anything of substance. Lol
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 Don't block her, but unfollow her for sure. If you unfollow her, she won't have any clue! If you block her, you essentially won't be friends anymore.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 If you block her, you will be non-existent to her. Just unfollow her on your newsfeed. Then you can go to her page any time that you want, and she wont know that you don't see all of her posts. That is what I have done to pretty much everyone that sells stuff on FB, because their sales pitches are as bad as pro-Trump political posts in my eyes....
    @TiffRox81 if you "unfollow" someone, they will never know. They can still see your posts etc. If you "block" someone then you are no longer friends with them and they can't see your page at all (or vice versa). I unfollow people ALL THE TIME. 
  • Options
    @PhoebeJune1984 I agree with that completely. If I'm able to EBF why do both of us need to be tired? I'd rather do the night feedings and then tag him in for a few hours in the morning (he has the option to work PCT hours for a few months) so I can sleep.

• Options
    @joleri23 Good to know!! Thank you!
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 how funny my husband is not a big poster but he'll comment on my stuff and he keeps our cats IG hahha. I totally "unfollow" people as well especially the oversharers :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @PhoebeJune1984 I have a theory on this- some people won't ever give a 5 star rating. My dad had a customer that gave his (SCUBA dive charter) business a 4 star rating and then commented "Best week of diving of my life! Never had a better experience..." etc.  

• Options
    kim1989kim1989 member

@PhoebeJune1984
    That seems pointless to me to have both parents up for no reason at all. With our older two DH worked and I didn't so I did all night duties (he didn't ask i just thought it made more sense). Now he's home more I will get up for feedings but completely plan on waking him if baby cries and I know she doesn't need feeding or if either of the older ones gets up that's on him. At night time I plan on basically being a milk machine this time around 
  • Options

@mandyjulie they do consider pregnancy to be 10 months.  My SIL is a sonographer and they refer to full term pregnancies as 10 months.  I attached an article about it below.

https://www.today.com/parents/doctors-say-full-term-pregnancy-10-months-I550453

@randishane011804Meh, OK I see what they're saying, though it's really 9.5 months based on date of conception, but yeah. I get what they're trying to do, with making it so that people don't unnecessarily induce earlier. And dividing it up by 4 weeks per "month." But months are understood relative to the way we all use them.

Even though I said "math" before, I'm going to stray from it for a second...when we talk 9 months, we count the calendar months, which are not always an even 4 weeks a piece. October to July is 9 months in the way everyone can understand that time period. The remainder of time I have left now is 2 months, so I'm 7 months along. 

But if someone wants to go by the 10 months thing based on a month being 4 weeks, I mean, that's fine, and I get why sonographers would because that might be helpful to them. Just wish women would still say what month they're IN and not that they're automatically however many months along, because that's the "math" part that is usually pretty far off.

And to close out my thoughts, a cute dog gif. 

DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    As a child of a mother who life has been hell due to a community acquired but totally preventable disease,  vaccines are a HUGE soap box for me.