TTC After a Loss

Cyst and ovulation?

paris013paris013 member
edited May 2016 in TTC After a Loss
Hi all,

Here's my story: got pregnant February 2016, ended in missed miscarriage which wasn't found until 10 weeks. Embryo was only 6+2. Took cytotec a week later and ended up doing a "mini" d&c 10 days later because of very little retained tissue. That was 4/17/16. Temp finally dropped a day or two after that. Here's the tricky part. I thought I felt ovulation pain about a week later, but it didn't go away after 4 days and turned into a dull low abdominal pain. Went to doctor (again) and she says I've got a 4cm cyst. It was obviously an unruptured follicular cyst since my temp never went up due to progesterone. Then, at CD 28 my thermometer started giving me an "err" message AND post ov temps. CD 31 now since cytotec and I'm wondering if O is possible in same cycle as cyst? Went UP yesterday thinking I wouldn't O but now concerned we f'd that up since temp is still recording high. Doctor said wait 1 period to try again. 

Re: Cyst and ovulation?

• Sorry for your loss.  It sounds like you have not had AF yet since your loss, is that right?  When I was waiting for AF after my loss, I had a cyst at one point but then ovulated a bit later.  Cyst was confirmed on ultrasound, and ovulation was confirmed by bloodwork - all in the span of the approx 10 weeks it to me to get AF for the first time post-loss.  I also had what felt like ovulation pain multiple times throughout that post-loss cycle.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Correct, no AF yet. So it is possible to O again in same cycle as cyst. Good grief. Why don't doctors tell you this stuff!
    Thank you!