Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Is it rude to skip out on Mother's Day?

I love my mom dearly, but I feel like crap. I'm not really feeling this whole Mother's Day thing this year.... All of the cards are depressing and the fact that I won't be getting one is even more sad. Plus, I'm not in the mood to deal with my MIL. I've heard "Gosh I wish I had a grandbaby " or "Having Grandchildren must be nice" comments for the past few times of visiting. I have to bite my tongue. Someone please justify me not going so I don't feel guilty... lol
Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: 4-25-2014
TTC: March 2015
BFP: 2-18-16
Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
D&C: 4-2-16
TTCAL: May 2016
IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Is it rude to skip out on Mother's Day?

• @nmd9168 oh my gosh I am so sorry for what you're going through with your MIL. That sounds horrible, and you should definitely skip out if you feel like it. Even though you may not have a child to hold, you are a mother, so Sunday is your day, and you should do whatever you want. That's how I'm looking at it at least. Hugs to you.
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited May 2016
    I believe your SO needs to step in and relay whatever info to MIL, whether it's why you're not coming, or you are coming but you will not make comments like this. You don't need to tell her exactly what's been going on, but I'd def have him intervene and deal with her.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Loading the player...
  • GlitterGlitter member
    Oh im so sorry. I know how you feel somewhat. I lost my mom a few years ago, my grans too so im in no mothers day mood but Ill be at the cemetary, all my mother's and babies are in heaven. Im having a heaven mothers day lol. Dont let her get to you. You are a mother, no matter what.
  • fioripfiorip member
    That sounds like a terrible thing to put yourself through. Is it possible for your husband to politely speak to his mother about her comments? Otherwise I would skip it, no regrets. Hope you feel better soon. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• @nmd9168  I feel the very same way. I don't have a great relationship with my mom or step mom. Picking out cards for them or making plans seems like a joke. Most years I suck it up and try to do something nice for them, but this year I don't have the energy or desire to celebrate them when I'm hurting so much.