Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check In 5/6

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling?

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: While we are lovingly referred to as "geriatric mama's", we must have a youthfulness about us to consider having kids after 35. So...Spill your secrets to youthfulness!! What do you do to stay feeling young, looking young and being healthy and fit both inside and out.

Re: Weekly Check In 5/6

• Loading the player...
  • @redheadbride15 -- I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope it's nothing too concerning. I'm sure your OB will keep a close eye on you and baby. Every day gets you a little bit closer! I hope you can rest a little and not worry too, too much. Easier said than done, I absolutely know!
  • I'm sorry @redheadbride15, you're feeling crappy. You know your body best and your very close to the end. If things get worse don't hesitate to call, always better safe then sorry.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @chloe97 It's very possible that your "no results" is because the blood draw was so early. Most of the tests are not validated for use before 10 weeks, and my OB office won't send the test before then. It just takes a while for the fetal DNA to get into your bloodstream at a high enough level to be reliably detected. It is true that the rate of "no results" is higher with fetuses with chromosome abnormalities, but I also don't think that's the most likely cause in your case. Good luck, and I hope you'll keep coming back and playing with us! I think this is the best board on TB.

@rspalding001 congrats on your good Panorama result and your baby boy!

@lillebowski23 Haha, my DH would be an unfocused mess at a childbirth class too. We went on an L&D tour last night which lasted about 30 minutes and that was just about all he could handle. He does better reading things on his own and asking me tons of questions. I didn't sign up for a childbirth class because I didn't think it would be worth it for me - I've attended many, many births in my career so I kind of know what to expect. Also, glad you have a good convo with your dad.

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm hanging in there. I just feel like I'm willing away the last few weeks of my pregnancy - wanting them to pass in a heartbeat instead of savoring these final moments of being just me and DH, and getting things ready. I'm just anxious to get to term.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • @Sporty1216 I'm so happy you only have a few more days until your appointment.  All my fingers and toes are crossed for you!!!

@redheadbride15 Ah man I am sorry you are feeling so yucky. I hope it resolves and that you can enjoy these last few weeks, and if baby comes early, you got this mama. You are strong an brave and you will be ready if you need to be!

@rspalding001 congrats on a boy!!! I think at this point the boys are outnumbering the girls on this board!

@lillebowski23 That is awesome you had the talk with your dad, I am so proud of you I know that stuff isn't easy!
  • @createillumination, I'm all over the place with when you can be ready for baby. With first baby I was sooo prepared at around 32 weeks, felt great until 38, so cleaning, laundry, painting can happen at any time. 30 weeks still sounds early to me to be all set up. That was great info on why you feel so young! I try but cheat every now and then to stay sane
  • Grrr. I wrote a lot more and only posted a bit.

@lillebowski23, solid beginning communication with your dad, it's a start. Have a great trip to Maine! One of my favorite places on earth!

@redheadbride15, all your feeling is just normal. Like these are the last weeks just the two of you, it has to be great. In reality, it's just the worst part of pregnancy and anxiety is all over the place, whether you feel well or not. Just try to stay sane, go to a movie with your hubs and do low key things. You will have time just the 2 of you again!
  • I agree with @Wyattnash00 -- i put so much pressure on those last weeks to be special time for me and DH. Really, it should have been about surviving and trying to keep me and baby feeling as well as possible. There will totally be "us" time again--it will be different, but it will still be good. We were only married for a bit over a year before LO came, and I think that's true for you too, right @redheadbride15 ? I think that added to the pressure because it felt like we hadn't had much time together as the two of us (and we hadn't). But it will really be okay. You'll be ready for baby when baby comes. In the meantime, try to be kind to yourself and know we're all rooting for you!
  • @Sporty1216 yup, our first anniversary is May 30 - just a few weeks away! We started TTC on our wedding night :) I was surprised that we were able to conceive as quickly as we did - I had prepared myself for a long, uphill battle. We have been together for 4 years total though, so we've had some time to enjoy just the two of us.

Anyway, thanks everyone for validating that my end-of-pregnancy feelings and worries are normal. You're all awesome!

I am trying to convince DH that we need to go to the movies. Anyone seen anything good recently that they want to recommend? My mother went into labor with me in 1977 while watching Star Wars in the movie theater, so it's always seemed like a good thing to do at the end of a pregnancy. Actually, the theater is perfectly located a few blocks away from the hospital!
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • How far along are you? 19 weeks 3 days. 

How are you feeling? Mostly ok, but very tired at the moment. I'm currently resting on the couch because I'm tired to go home from work! 

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) A/S next Thursday and 20 week appt the next day. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: it's Friday! That is all :) 
    Oh wait, I have a question. Any recommendations for soap/baby shampoo? 
    Either STMs who use it already or FTMs who have decided on something? 

GTKY: While we are lovingly referred to as "geriatric mama's", we must have a youthfulness about us to consider having kids after 35. So...Spill your secrets to youthfulness!! What do you do to stay feeling young, looking young and being healthy and fit both inside and out.

I've always felt young because I'm the little sister, was nearly the youngest in each class in school, I'm short, and for many many years looked a lot younger than I was. I still occasionally get told I look younger, but I  think my age is showing more now on my face. That is taking some getting used to. Maybe working with kids helps too. I get a chance to play and laugh a lot and be silly. They push a lot of my buttons at time too so I think that's also speeding up aging in a way! 

• @Chloe97 9 weeks 5 days sounded early for the NIPT to me too.  Hopefully that's what caused the lack of results. Hope you get good news too. 

@Sporty1216 - hope all goes well on Monday! 

@redheadbride15 - hope you're feel better soon and feel prepared when baby decides to arrive. 

• @BernieRae --we use babyganics orange blossom nighttime bubble bath (or something like that!) I ordered it because I could do Amazon subscribe and Save with it and I wanted something more natural. It turns out, I love it! It smells really nice and it doesn't irritate lo's skin or eyes. 
  • MollySmMollySm member
    @rspalding001 - congrats on your good results and your little boy!

@chloe97 - welcome to this group.  It's a great group of women and I've really enjoyed starting to get to know them!

@redheadbride15 - I'm sorry you haven't been feeling good.  I hope things start to improve so you can relax some through the rest of pregnancy.  

How far along are you? 11w 5d

How are you feeling? I am feeling alright.  I've started having heartburn and back pain, especially when I'm sleeping.  I need to find a way to get more exercise.  I have been mopey recently, and I think exercise would help.  

Any baby news I got the results of my NIPT test yesterday, and baby looks perfect!  My next appt isn't for 3 more weeks, but I'm feeling more confident.  

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I'm so happy that H is finally home for good after being in and out travelling for work over the past 3 weeks!

GTKY: While we are lovingly referred to as "geriatric....

I don't feel all that young these days.  But one thing that's made a difference for me over the past year has been consistently having a girls' night out with some friends.  We make it a point to do it once a month, and I was surprised at what a difference it made in my emotional state.  I run an in home daycare, so my adult time is fairly limited, and much needed.

Exercising also helps me in this area, but it has been sorely lacking since January bc of H's increased responsibilities at work.  I'm working on finding a solution.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Congratulations on the good NIPT @MollySm are you tream greean or did you find out the sec??!
  • MollySmMollySm member
    @createillumination - I'm not team green, but I also didn't find out the sex.  We're waiting for the a/s.  I know it's silly, but I found it weirdly anticlimactic when I found out so early with my 2nd daughter.  I think it seems more real when I can actually feel a baby in there.  There is a button I could press on the website where I got my results, and H thinks I'm nuts for waiting, so we'll see if I can make it a few more months or not.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Nice @MollySm, I understand, wait as long as you can!
  • Thanks, @sporty1216, I'll check that product out. 
  • BernieRaeBernieRae member
    edited May 2016
  • @Sporty1216 good luck indeed! Thinking of you and baby girl!!
  • Keep us posted @sporty1216!! Sending all my positive thoughts!
  • Good luck @sporty1216!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Wonderful news! Congratulations!!!
  • MollySmMollySm member
    Great news @Sporty1216 !
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Awesome news @sporty1216!!!! Strong little girl already!
  • Posted quickly earlier and just wanted to say thanks for remembering and checking on me. It means a lot!
  • So happy that things went well today, @sporty1216
  • Wonderful news @Sporty1216! I'll be continuing to think of you and your little girl!
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Great news @Sporty1216! Glad to hear you got some good news!
  • Just checked in and saw the wonderful news, @Sporty1216! Hoping that you continue to get the best news possible about baby girl!
  • So happy to hear things looked better @Sporty1216!!  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :)