November 2016 Moms
Options

if you'd like some entertainment

I saw this post on my recommended threads and holy drama. Apparently someone catfished the July 14 thread for a whole year. I'm only the second page and  cannot stop reading. Here is the link:https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12463790/possible-catfish-on-july-bmb-update-in-op

Enjoy

Re: if you'd like some entertainment

• Options
    Oh yeah, I saw that the other day and died laughing. 
  • Options
    Man I can never open links in the app! Grumble. I could do with some entertainment, too. I'm sick of watching curious george.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! That is some serious dedication to being a creepy liar face.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    Who has that much free time?! 
    I wish I did...without the being super creepy part.
  • Options
    Omg thank you! I needed something fun to read! How did they figure it out?! Oh I can't wait!!!! Lol
  • Options
    Holy shit. That really freaks me out and is a definitely a reality check of how scary the Internet can be.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @LindsayLuLu27 I'm on page 11 of the thread where she's caught. It gets good!
    ...maybe I do have a lot of time.  ;)
  • Options
    Oh man that was some juicy stuff. Thank you OP for sharing. Highly entertaining. I wish the second "wife's" account hadn't been banned so we could read all the comments.

Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @NavyBride93 someone thought to archive the thread before people were banned. https://web.archive.org/web/20141020045554/https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12462811/newb-in-town
    Enjoy the popcorn!
  • Options
    That's way too much for me. I will say this, I am greatful for the Velma's and all their investigative skills that uncover the crazies. I would never have the time or effort to put into catching fake people. 
  • Options
    Ohhhh @Butterkup you're the best. Thanks for the link! 
    Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Butterkup said:
    @NavyBride93 someone thought to archive the thread before people were banned. https://web.archive.org/web/20141020045554/https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12462811/newb-in-town
    Enjoy the popcorn!
    Damn and I just wasted all this time reading the version with deleted users. time to go back at it...
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    OH WOW. This is some crazy ish.
    Me: 31, DH: 31
    Married: September 2012
    Began TTC: September 2015
    BFP #1: 10/12/16, EDD: 06/23/15,
    (pPROM, 16 wks + emergency D&E 12/31/15)
    BFP #2: 03/09/16, EDD: 11/16/16

• Options
    Crazy. Something similar happened with my last BMB and I absolutely could not believe it. The idea of trolling a board for so long is just nuts to me. But apparently it happens, and a LOT.

@TwandaFTG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    And THIS is why it's way too early for a FB group!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @sweetlyuntied who?? I was O14 too but I rarely participated. 
  • Options
    Little+TinyLittle+Tiny member
    edited May 2016
    Wonder if there's any fakers with our little community...

[ToU violation removed]

• Options
    This was entertaining enough to read, but it's so much better at the archive where you can read the now-deleted posts. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    People that catfish other people, especially pregnancy forums, should be punched repeatedly in the mouth. Pathetic fucks. 
    I don't even GET it. Unless you are trying to murder someone and steal the baby, like that thing in Colorado. But just for entertainment? Why?
  • Options
    In any case, people that do that shit a twisted, damaged people. 
  • Options
    People that catfish other people, especially pregnancy forums, should be punched repeatedly in the mouth. Pathetic fucks. 
    Took the words right out of my mouth. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    HeyBooHey said:
    Its got to be a severe psychological disorder, right? Normal people don't make up fake babies and fake lives. 
    Reading about the other stories from other BMBs was terrifying. The abused adopted baby and the stolen money meant for a mom who had a loss were horrific.
    Has to be. I would bet money there are still a handful floating around the site. The Glow app probably has them by the fuckin hundreds. 
  • Options
    HeyBooHey said:
    Its got to be a severe psychological disorder, right? Normal people don't make up fake babies and fake lives. 
    Reading about the other stories from other BMBs was terrifying. The abused adopted baby and the stolen money meant for a mom who had a loss were horrific.
    Has to be. I would bet money there are still a handful floating around the site. The Glow app probably has them by the fuckin hundreds. 
    Oh, I am sure those sites have a ton since there is no real filter and there is so much more random traffic. It is much more of an investment to join a BMB here and convince all the members you are legit. Although, it seems like they were on to her for a while, but still. I just hope it was a woman who wanted friendship and was maybe desperate for a child and not a pervy dude or someone out to take advantage of women.
  • Options
    een23een23 member
    HeyBooHey said:

My thoughts exactly. Normal people don't have the time, energy, or desire to spend a year creating a fake life to connect with people. And for nothing, like @whaat said, they accomplish nothing most of the time...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Don't read too much into this (promise I am a real pregnant lady) I love the show Catfish, mostly because the mindset someone has to be in to go through all that is so foreign and unusual to me. It is kind of fascinating. Who needs and wants that much drama and stress in their lives? It is exhausting just to think about. No thanks.
     And I love Nev and Max and all their sleuthing. It always blows my mind that the victims don't do any research into who they are talking to. Especially after the show became popular and things like image search were a well known thing. 

• Options
    Wow, I've been reading bits and pieces since last night and just finished. Wow. 
  • Options
    HeyBooHey said:
    Don't read too much into this (promise I am a real pregnant lady) I love the show Catfish, mostly because the mindset someone has to be in to go through all that is so foreign and unusual to me. It is kind of fascinating. Who needs and wants that much drama and stress in their lives? It is exhausting just to think about. No thanks.
     And I love Nev and Max and all their sleuthing. It always blows my mind that the victims don't do any research into who they are talking to. Especially after the show became popular and things like image search were a well known thing. 

Catfish is like House Hunters for me. I get so pissed and annoyed when I watch it, but it's like a car accident that I can't look away from. 
  • Options
    @sweetlyuntied who?? I was O14 too but I rarely participated. 
    A lot of it happened after the mass exodus, when we moved to a different platform. She actually used several different usernames and started fights with herself thinking it would rally is all to defend her. It was weird.

I don't remember you! Did you have the same username? I wasn't so active around the second tri (I had my own stranger danger moment because I got some PM's that weirded me out) but I was first and third and then after the babies.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    Living for this (NOT the linked thread).
  • Options
    Oops I forgot to say "in my family" yeah I guess I did say I have downs lmao
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    BmcD2016 said:
    Haha she's never heard that one! What are we talking about?! She doesn't have time to play games!
  • Options
    yeah I guess it's more fun to believe that I lied about having downs than to think that I made a freaking typo.
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    yeah I guess it's more fun to believe that I lied about having downs than to think that I made a freaking typo.
    Oops, didn't see your response right before mine. 
  • Options
    It's definitely a long string of very unfortunate events. 
  • Options
    I'm Lemony Snicket