December 2015 Moms

Where to buy a good swimsuit?

This is not about my swimsuit bod. Just the fabric that will cover it.

One of my long-awaited perks of being a mom is purchasing a nice, mommish one-piece or one of those tank top suits.  Any suggestions on where to find a good one? Besides the obvious Target.

Thanks!

Re: Where to buy a good swimsuit?

• I was just thinking the same thing. I am treating myself to a nice mom one piece. But like a chic one. Athleta has nice options. So does Mod Cloth.
  • Nettle's tale is awesome. Not only one pieces but high waisted bottoms, which I am addicted to. Extremely good quality and they love moms wearing their suits! I'm a bit biased since it's a Vancouver store (where I'm from.) But I highly recommend it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Landsend.com always has really nice, high quality swim suits.
  • I have a lovely 50's inspired one from JC Penny's. Also, Mod Cloth!
  • I like garnet hill for swim suits :)
  • Does anyone have recommendation for a 1 piece that will fit ginormous boobs but like a small/medium body? Currently 34H cup size - UGH!
  • ASOS, JC Penney, Zumiez, Victoria Secret has good swimsuits that aren't bikinis that I like. Target always wins though. Can't beat the prices. :) 
  • I just got a mom suit at target. Tankini and a skirt to cover the stretch marks. I doubt I'll ever be confident in a bikini again. 

• yl1m32015 said:
    I just got a mom suit at target. Tankini and a skirt to cover the stretch marks. I doubt I'll ever be confident in a bikini again. 

I never really have been. Now I just have a good excuse to embrace it :)  

• Thanks,  everyone! I'll have to get shopping! I haven't actually purchased a suit in a while,  but I'm dreaming of swim lessons and the fun park with splash pads.
  • Yes to never wearing a bikini again. That ship has officially sailed in my life. Totally ok with it though. Baby girl was worth it ;)
  • grkgdss00 said:
    Does anyone have recommendation for a 1 piece that will fit ginormous boobs but like a small/medium body? Currently 34H cup size - UGH!
    Try petticoatfair.com They're a local retailer that will ship things. Not sure of the return policy. I'm pretty sure you can search by bra size. There's also a swimsuit "system" out there that you pick the top you want and put it over a swim bra. I've used that except with an old bra I had and didn't have to pay the money for the swim bra. Prepare yourself to spend over $100.