July 2016 Moms
Options

baby movements

Is it normal that you feel the baby moving only on the part of lower abdomen? He keeps rolling only on that part. 29weeks pregnant here btw. Please Help. 

Re: baby movements

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby seems to be hanging out super down low too.  My doc isn't worried about it.  
  • Options
    Baby might be breach right now (don't worry there's plenty of time for them to move). I only feel kicks way up high and my doctor isn't concerned at all. Mention it at your next appointment. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    I swear mine is doing somersaults as sometimes I feel movement only way down low, others she's up in my ribs. She's everywhere! She def lets me know when she's not liking a certain position I'm in.
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    IB113IB113 member
    It also depends where your placenta is. Mine is anterior and I feel kicks and movement on the sides, top and bottom, but never in the front middle where the placenta is located.
  • Options
    Same with me @IB113. Three times now I've been to L&D triage for NSTs because I couldn't feel him moving. Only for their machine to say he's moving like a mad man.
  • Options
    Are any of you using kick counters? Also it's also good remember it's not 10 kicks an hour for any hour just during times they have been active. I'm always a fan of using the nurses line as well if you are concerned 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Are any of you using kick counters? Also it's also good remember it's not 10 kicks an hour for any hour just during times they have been active. I'm always a fan of using the nurses line as well if you are concerned 

I do the kick counts, I have an app on my phone so I can track it as well called "Count the Kicks". Usually do them around 830-10p when she's most active. Goodness if I picked just any random hour I'd be one nervous nelly.
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    @PinkLady2015 thanks for this my nurse was super vague when she gave me the info and just said you should feel her 10 an hour. I didn't think about tracking it daily for a few days to be able to track differences this makes so much more  sense 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Kick counting is really rough for me because there are just SOOOOO many of his movements I can't feel becasue of the anterior placenta. I try, but rarely get the number I'm aiming for unless he is on just the right spot. The kick count card I got at L&D during last NST said you should look for 6 kicks in 20 minutes. 
  • Options
    KASGKASG member
    For the kick counting, is it just any movement? Sometimes it feels like she's rolling as opposed to "kicking" so should I count that too?
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    KASG said:
    For the kick counting, is it just any movement? Sometimes it feels like she's rolling as opposed to "kicking" so should I count that too?
    Count any movement including rolls, swishes, kicks and jabs 
  • Options
    BettyRuBettyRu member
    I didn't even hear about this with DD, but my new OB have me a write up on it... It seems stressful but this little guy is constantly moving so hopefully it's not something I need to track (I did Google overactive over day though... It was probably just ice cream)
  • Options
    Anyone know what it feels like when the nugget flips down into the ready position?
  • Options
    @AB34 yes that helps, he was head towards ribs last week and feet/rump by my pelvic area. However, today I feel like he's facing the other way because the part I can push on feels more larger than his head did last week or my kid's dome has just gotten bigger in 24 hours.
  • Options
    jomama1618jomama1618 member
    edited May 2016
    Did you feel it, like mostly in your pubic bone @pandaferh ? Lincoln stays (mostly) head down (or a mix of head down and transverse, per ultrasounds and dr in the last few weeks). When he gets hiccups head down, that is mostly how I feel it.

Edit because autocorrect makes me spell things stupidly.
  • Options
    My LO is apparently sitting pretty low in there. I noticed today my ribs didn't hurt, could breathe better, and could eat all the food without hurting. However, now there is a lot of pressure in my FUPA. He had hiccups tonight and it felt like twitching right above my vag. Odd sensation. 
  • Options
    pandamonium20pandamonium20 member
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    My doctor simply felt around right above my pubic bone (like where my bladder used to be lol) for a baseball sized lump to confirm baby was head down. No ultrasound. 

Also she kicks up and to the side so I guess I could've figured out she was head down on my own if I'd have thought about it hard enough. 
  • Options
    My son was breech and they didn't realize it until 38.5 weeks. They kept telling me that the lump you could feel up by my ribs was his butt but it turns out it was his head. In retrospect I felt almost all the kicks and movement down low and to the side but I as a FTM I didn't realize it should be any different. This time I'm a lot more aware of baby's position and am pretty sure he's head down because the kicks are up high on my right side and the hiccups are down low on my left. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DataJane said:
    This time I'm a lot more aware of baby's position and am pretty sure he's head down because the kicks are up high on my right side and the hiccups are down low on my left. 
    I have no idea since I'm a FTM, and my doctor wasn't able to tell by feeling at my last appointment, but you just gave me hope! The hiccups I feel are always really low. Fingers crossed!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    BettyRuBettyRu member
    This kid is ACTIVE.... so much movement (it's a great thing but still catches me off gaurd, even though this is baby #2).  I also noticed hiccups this week :)
  • Options
    I'm also in the insane movement lately. I thought anterior placenta was supposed to be a cushion this is getting to the uncomfortable a bit painful stage 
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 LOL! Perfect description! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    If I remember right this is about as bad as it gets with the crazy movement and then they tone it down a little when they completely run out of room in there. It's fun to feel the movement but I wouldn't mind if the kicks were a little less startling. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    eymieymi member
    Oh my gosh this baby goes into super dance party mode EVERY time I eat ice cream! It's gotten to be a running joke around the house.
  • Options
    Me too! I don't remenber my first moving so much. It is crazy! It wakes me up sometimes 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    edited May 2016
    Baby is getting so strong right now, I could just be walking around the room and would have to stop in my tracks because he would hit a little hard and surprise me! It's great feeling him move but at the same time it makes me cringe every now and again at how weird it feels.

Edit:Trying to get my ticker to work, so annoying!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    FTM here and last night my husband and I got to watch our little one bounce around in my belly for a bit. I had seen it a couple nights ago as well, but hubby was shocked when he saw all the movement. He got his face really close to my belly and said our sons name and nearly got a foot to the face from him! 
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @afaddis89 I've tried the name thing as well to see if he reacts to any of the names yet! Guess he's not too impressed with our choices :smiley: 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    I was pretty shocked at his reaction. I think the craziest movement I have felt so far is when I went in for my 3 hour glucose test. Within 5 minutes of drinking that horrible sugary drink, the baby went absolutely bonkers and didn't stop for an hour a half straight. Would have been more fun if I wasn't so hungry and nauseous on top of it. :smile: 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand ooh you're giving me hope! I've got an anterior placenta and at almost 29 weeks no movement felt on the outside and still pretty subtle in.  I may not wish for it once I've got it I suppose but for now I think it'd be pretty comforting to have something more.
  • Options
    @ktomorrow I have an anterior placenta too and in the last two weeks the movements are out of control! I'm 32 weeks for reference. So I imagine you will start to see more soon.