October 2016 Moms
Options

plus size maternity clothes: READ THIS

LISTEN: 

apparently destination maternity/motherhood/pea in the pod (since all 3 are the same damn company) are no longer carrying plus size until AUGUST in store.

so now us chubs are relegated to the Internet to order our clothes online like savages because they're "changing the line". not a single store has plus size maternity in person to try on. just a warning. 

now since I got myself worked up I'm gonna go get food. LOL. 

and also i mean true plus size not xxl they have at old navy, like 1-3x

Re: plus size maternity clothes: READ THIS

• Options
    Thanks for saving me a trip, that is really annoying.

• Options
    I went to one the other day and was very unpleased with the smallest section they had.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's complete bullshit. 
  • Options
    depineta said:
    That's complete bullshit. 
    Agree I am XXL and 1x depending on brand I am having a hard enough time finding maternity clothing. old Navy canada website is anti Maternity.
  • Options
    Ugggh.  So if they're "changing the line," my guess is they're going to sell out the stock they have now and not have much until the new line comes out in August.  Awesome.  Trying to decide whether to buy now or just wait and take my chances when I actually need the stuff.  I already bought two pairs of pants from them and bottoms are harder to fit than tops for me, so I'm tempted to not get anything.  But some of their dresses are just so cute .  .  .

I posted this a while ago in another thread but in case anyone missed it, it looks like Kohls and JC Penney had a decent selection of plus sized maternity clothes on their websites.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • Options
    Oh no, I hope they at least have a major sale on the existing stock! I will let you girls know if I notice any maternity sections with a decent plus-size section
  • Options
    I've only had luck online... I'm a size 16 and I'm able to fit into JCPenny XL maternity jeans but they do have plus size as well and they are amazing. Very stretchy and comfy. Their tops are really good. But I do find it annoying I have to order online and hope everything fits. Target does have plus size maternity in stores. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    @uponastar16 NOPE they took it all out of the store. no clearance no nothing. I have a kphls 30 off code if anyone needs :) 
  • Options
    Seriously stores need to stop treating plus sized women like second-class citizens.

• Options
    I went to the destination maternity store here last weekend,  and sat in my car and cried after I left. More than 90% of the items didn't go above a large. It's incredibly disheartening trying to find pants that fit. They did still have a very small plus size section, but it only had shirts, and they all looked like tents - none of the cute styles they had in standard sizes. 
    BFP#1: 2/10/16
    EDD: 10/19/16

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mommymaggieh I just got a lot online at kohls. even a bathing suit. let's pray it fits. 

also guys WALMART HAS 14 DOLLAR JEANS. I own 3 pairs. just saying. 
  • Options
    Really wish Lane Bryant had maternity. :(
  • Options
    @jennjenn81713 they did many years ago. I wish too. 
  • Options
    Ugh how annoying! I went there really early on and bought work pants, but planned on going back soon for some jeans since mine are getting tight. Guess I'll be headed elsewhere. 
  • Options
    @mrszoess I swear I looked at kohls online and didn't see an option for maternity. I'll go online tomorrow from my laptop. Thanks!
    BFP#1: 2/10/16
    EDD: 10/19/16

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mommymaggieh search plus size maternity. :) coupon code is rain30

also @nataliemaephotography they have it online and there are legit zero stores brick and mortar who carry plus maternity. try Walmart or kohls 
  • Options
    This is so freaking frustrating. Thank you for the heads up. Motherhood Maternity always makes me feel like a blob when I leave. I'll try Kohl's. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    **Lurking from Nov '16**

I've tried finding pants at several stores and online for the past two weekends (knowing I struggle with regular pants, let alone maternity).  All I seem to find are skinny jeans and I'm just not comfortable in those. 

Has/is anyone thinking of getting regular jeans turned into maternity via a seamstress or DIY?

Just curious...
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

• Options
    I found this issue because I need summer clothes ASAP! I actually ordered for JCPenney yesterday online. I hate online shopping and had to order some capris in two sizes but I couldn't find anything anywhere else! The carry up to size 3x and have a sale online until today with spend $100 or more and get 25% off!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @mrsb27 Thank you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Don't forget about ebay, ladies. If you know a particular brand/size fits you, try looking there for the items you want at a much lower price tag.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    Has anyone tried sending complaints to the company? I can't even understand how an entire store devoted to maternity clothing can just jump ship on certain sizes!!!
  • Options
    I just left JC Penny and didn't realize that the entire maternity line is all online. They took them all out of the stores. Online shopping here I come. 
  • Options
    Ava and Viv at target had some shirts that are loose enough to be cute now and when I'm giant. I snagged two tunics and a knee length stretchy skirt. not maternity clothes, but the line is forgiving.

I snagged my jeans from walmart clearance. My store did a trial for in store maternity and a month later pulled the whole line out and clearneced it.

I avoid Motherhood, destination etc because I cant justify a $60 pair of jeans, so I've always had to look elsewhere. I found some of their brands at a mom to mom dale and a consignment store last time around. Worth a shot for something nice at a cheeper price, especially from a consignment stores that are pickier about what they take.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I had some luck with Target - their Liz Lange jeans up to (I think) size 18,and they run large.  I usually wear a 14 and I had to get a 12! First time with that size in YEARS!  Also, Kohls online is pretty awesome - and they have the BEST return policy.  No time limit on returns, just have the receipt and you get a full refund. I usually over order, even get 2 sizes of the same item to then try on - then return whatever I don't like or doesn't fit. A little more time consuming than just going to the store...however, I've found my bathroom lighting and mirror is much more appealing than those awful fitting rooms that make me go into a slight depression by the time I leave the store...