October 2016 Moms

FFFC (4/29)

2»

Re: FFFC (4/29)

• Someone else may have mentioned this a while back but I'm just now getting the balls to admit it. But I'm kind of grossed out by the idea of feeling baby move around inside me. This is my first pregnancy, and I know 99% of moms think/say it's a wonderful sensation and it makes you feel closer to baby and it's fun to watch and feel, even my BFF is in that same belief, I just feel guilty for feeling the opposite :/ I haven't felt much of anything yet (16+5) but as of now I'm not looking forward for all the movement to come. A friend of mine posted a video on FB of her belly (3rd trimester) with baby moving all around, and you can see a foot poking out and an elbow scrape by, and I just got the willies!! :neutral: 

As for the boob confession, DH knows which one is more sensitive than the other so he knows how to get what he wants out of me! But these suckers are big girl Ds already so I'm nervous they're going to get so big in the end they'll hurt if he touches them, and mixed with BF'ing, it'll just be a no-fly zone. But we're in a wager of if he gets a mouthful or not of breastmilk if he attempts it once baby's out! Is that even possible?!
  • @TNlove1027 I am with you on feeling movements. Also FTM.  I haven't felt anything yet as far as I can tell at 15w4d, but it's coming soon and it's weirding me out. Part of me is looking forward to it, and part of me is like...nope! That's cool. I can wait a little while longer to experience this. This morning I felt something - just my stomach doing something - but for a split second I thought "maybe it's the baby!" and just...was not mentally ready for that yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We have been discussing building a new house for a while and we've gotten pretty serious about it lately.....Which may be crazy right before or right after baby, but I'm shamelessly finding house plans we can pull ideas from instead of what I'm supposed to be doing :D    
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Someone else may have mentioned this a while back but I'm just now getting the balls to admit it. But I'm kind of grossed out by the idea of feeling baby move around inside me. This is my first pregnancy, and I know 99% of moms think/say it's a wonderful sensation and it makes you feel closer to baby and it's fun to watch and feel, even my BFF is in that same belief, I just feel guilty for feeling the opposite :/ I haven't felt much of anything yet (16+5) but as of now I'm not looking forward for all the movement to come. A friend of mine posted a video on FB of her belly (3rd trimester) with baby moving all around, and you can see a foot poking out and an elbow scrape by, and I just got the willies!! :neutral: 
    Oh goodness yes, me too! You are not alone in being weirded out by a tiny partially-formed human poking and prodding you from the inside! It's gonna be so weird... But good to know baby is alive and moving so at least there's that.

• We have been discussing building a new house for a while and we've gotten pretty serious about it lately.....Which may be crazy right before or right after baby, but I'm shamelessly finding house plans we can pull ideas from instead of what I'm supposed to be doing :D    
    We built our house a couple years ago. It's not nearly as stressful as everyone makes it out to be, especially if you go through a home builder. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 Luckily my FIL is a contractor so we can use all his people. Should help a lot with the stress factor! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @Michi1382 I got the Wusic Womb Music Doppler and love it. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Just to be different. I'll be 27 in a few weeks and still afraid of the dark. Also i use my doppler every day. Sometimes twice a day. I've fell in love with the sound of Peanuts heartbeat. Also i love it when i can hear Peanut moving, or hear Peanut kick the monitor. 

• @AshleyGemini24 how do you know when she kicks? I've been hearing sounds on it the last couple weeks that I'm not sure how to describe but I have been telling myself it's her moving hehe bc I still can't feel it  <3
  • Potentially TMI: Before DS I was on the afraid-of-breastfeeding-and-being-aroused train. Honestly, it's never been an issue. Sexually, my boobs just became off limits because if he did anything to them my milk would let down and spray him. He was mortified but I laughed my ass off. Him not touching my boobs has been fine because something about vaginal birth rearranged my anatomy so that my O's are better. I'll take a better O over having my boobs fondled any day, hehe. 

My FFFC: H and and I have been fighting over finding out baby's sex or not and at my MW appt the other day she casually said that the AS is optional, so I'm trying to find a way to twist it so that we just don't do it at all. No US = no temptation (H won't pay the out of pocket for one of those elective places). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Michi1382 said:
    kmalls said:
    I use my doppler in the mornings after my husband leaves. While I prefer having him there to verify that I am not hallucinating what I hear, I'm avoiding his condescending expression when he tells me yes, the baby's alright, as if I should know that. So I'm sneak-dopplering. 
    Right there with you! My husband side eyes me if he catches me using the Doppler. He thinks I'm just going to drive myself crazy. 
    Sorry for this question, guys, but which Doppler did you buy? I know there's a thread on this from a while ago but I just recently started thinking of buying one. Thank you! 
    I went to fetaldoppler.net and ordered something called Sonoline B which I had heard good things about. It doesn't say Sonoline B on the actual doppler, though, so I don't know if it's an off-brand version or something. Don't know if I was complaining on this thread but it's hard to find the baby's heartbeat, it's very faint and it usually disappears the moment I think I hear it. That might be because of my belly fat or the doppler I'm using or who knows.

• @Michi1382, i got the wusic womb monitor. 

@UponAStar16, not for sure its kicks, but i feel him or her moving at tge same time as i hear the  thud,  so i assume its a kick 
  • @rainmira9e baby is moving a lot I lose it too. and I'm fluffy. bigger they get easier it's getting :) and now I wanna hear her when dh gets home
  • I've been staying at my dad's during my recovery and it's been so nice. Our house has boxes everywhere from trying to move and is really difficult to navigate currently, I'm loving the clutter free house. 
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @simcal18 omg please I need this recipe. French toast is my all time favorite and now I'm craving your baked French toast SO MUCH since I read your post.
    Pregnancy Ticker