Options

FFFC (4/29)

smmatt08smmatt08 member
edited April 2016 in October 2016 Moms
Disclaimer: NOT guaranteed to be flame free

Re: FFFC (4/29)

• Options
    Ok, I'll start!

I shower twice a day. (But I don't wash my hair both times!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    smmatt08 said:
    Ok, I'll start!

On this topic: I only wash my hair once a week, on Saturdays.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I use my doppler in the mornings after my husband leaves. While I prefer having him there to verify that I am not hallucinating what I hear, I'm avoiding his condescending expression when he tells me yes, the baby's alright, as if I should know that. So I'm sneak-dopplering. 
    Right there with you! My husband side eyes me if he catches me using the Doppler. He thinks I'm just going to drive myself crazy. 
  • Options
    @bamacoop I don't even hide my Michael Bolton love. my husband rolls his eyes and I rock out to steel bars. and now I'm gonna totally throw that on when I get in the car ;) 
  • Options
    Yes! I love Mariah Carey! I think early 90s music was the best. But I was young in the early 90s and that's when I started actually listening to music, so I'm not sure if the music is actually *good* or if it's a nostalgia thing.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

@allythekid YES! I recently shared this confession with a friend and she sent me the link to that....then proceeded to make fun of me for, like, a straight hour.

Don't care. "How Can We Be Lovers" has to legitimately be the best song OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

@mrszoess I'm glad I've found some other...Boltonites?.....Boltonians?.....Lightning Bolts?

......side note: I also really like the cartoon movie Bolt, with Miley Cyrus and John Travolta.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Meatloaf will forever be my favorite musician. I love how theatrical he is. I've seen him 5 times in concert (mostly in high school and early college). I'm not ashamed! My parents are good friends with his bass guitarist, Kasim, which is how it all started for me. He's the nicest guy in the world.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    @LizaKate1213 I named one of my cats Meatloaf in his honor haha
  • Options
    My confession is that I'm scared breastfeeding will sexually arouse me. I've had this thought for quite sometime as boobs have always been a very erogenous zone for me, but I just recently began to research it. Apparently, it's a thing... and it's not uncommon. Also, partners are also often aroused by the sight of you BFing. Now I'm scared to death it's going to happen to me and I'm going to feel like a sexual predator and want to quit BFing immediately. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm resenting my sister today and I feel bad about it. She lives in RI and has a dentist appointment in Boston and asked me to drive her because she is afraid of getting lost. I refused told her to take the bus and I'll meet her at South Station. Now I'm here waiting for her and feeling pissed that this on how I'm spending my day off, in a train station full of smelly people. And the bathroom is closed so I have to go find another one. Not sure if this is the right place to post but here it is....
  • Options
    My confession is that I'm scared breastfeeding will sexually arouse me. I've had this thought for quite sometime as boobs have always been a very erogenous zone for me, but I just recently began to research it. Apparently, it's a thing... and it's not uncommon. Also, partners are also often aroused by the sight of you BFing. Now I'm scared to death it's going to happen to me and I'm going to feel like a sexual predator and want to quit BFing immediately. 
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has felt like this. 
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    smmatt08 said:
    Ok, I'll start!

I only wash my hair on Saturdays too.   It gets too dry otherwise.

But my confession is even worse -- I skipped last Saturday and never made it up.  Ponytails and sunglasses on my head to cover up that grossness.  :o
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • Options
    I think I haven't washed my hair since Monday. I used to every day when I showered but have been too lazy to dry and straighten it before work, and I don't like the smell of my new shampoo so I just slowly started going to every other day, then less and less apparently...

I also sneak-doppler every now and then so DH doesn't nag me about getting "obsessed" haha
  • Options
    My son's teacher sent me a text saying his stomach was hurting. He went to the office, was acting fine and had no fever so they sent him back to class.
    I confess, I am thrilled I don't have to go pick him up, because I am still laying in bed at 9:34am. 
  • Options
    I've always assumed this would happen to me because I'm the same, my nipples are very sensitive and I love when my husband gives them attention. I'm glad I'm not the only one and that it's not uncommon.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    smmatt08 said:
    Ok, I'll start!

I'm jealous you can get away with that @emmaaa ! I have to wash my hair everyday.....so greasy. Though it appears to be less greasy while I've been pregnant! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    I let the dog hop in bed with me after my husband goes to work even though I know I should be training her to stay off the bed. I just love the cuddles.

@AllyTheKidI too am still lying in bed even though it's almost 10am and it feels so nice. I love my days off.

• Options
    errrrr.... I havent showered since last wednesday. Like more than a week...
    But it's been cold and rainy and the shower is outside.... and people walk by it all the time so I don't like to shower unless it's a night. By night it's been too cold. So basically I'm miserable and I should probably just do it in the afternoon. Sigh.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @LizaKate I too have to shower and shampoo every day. I hate the stringy hair but you can't chose whats on your head right??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use my doppler in the mornings after my husband leaves. While I prefer having him there to verify that I am not hallucinating what I hear, I'm avoiding his condescending expression when he tells me yes, the baby's alright, as if I should know that. So I'm sneak-dopplering. 
    This could be completely not be based in fact, but I read somewhere (oh god) that the sound waves of the doppler actually bother the baby, because the the waves are really loud sounding to the baby. They said to use it only about once a week.  Hopefully someone with actual facts/research can chime in on this, but I would totally be doing it every other day if I didn't fear bothering the baby.
  • Options
    @Piperella I had every intention of just using it sparingly, but I have been SO afraid that the baby is dead, and if it's dead then doppler won't hurt it anyway. I know it's me being irrational. I need to feel it moving soon so I can have some sign!

My hair gets too greasy to go long between washings, too. I usually wash every other day and if I have to go somewhere on the in-between day, I use a bit of dry shampoo to soak up the grease. They say if you go longer without washing your hair gets used to it, but I have absolutely tried that (and no poo) and it did not help.

• Options
    F47F47 member
    edited April 2016
    I let the dog hop in bed with me after my husband goes to work even though I know I should be training her to stay off the bed. I just love the cuddles.

@AllyTheKidI too am still lying in bed even though it's almost 10am and it feels so nice. I love my days off.
    @CaptainPhasmaMy confession. At first, I read this as, "I let the dog poop in bed with me after my husband goes to work..." Then, like a cartoon character, I shook my head and re-read.

I'm actually laughing out loud at my desk right now.
  • Options
    I'm another one that has to shower and wash my hair every other day or else I look like a major greaseball. It's annoying, especially on lazy days. I get mad at my husband if he showers on "Stinky Sundays" and will force myself to shower, too.

My 16 month old daughter is being a major jerk today and I am so over it. The last three nights, she hasn't been sleeping well and I think it's because the weather has been crappy so we've been stuck inside. I think she has a bunch of pent up energy. Anyway, she's basically being a whiny, clingy jerk and is refusing the food I make her or even playing with her toys. She has been stuck like glue to me and I'm super frustrated. I kinda want to scream.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kmalls said:
    Right there with you! My husband side eyes me if he catches me using the Doppler. He thinks I'm just going to drive myself crazy. 
    Sorry for this question, guys, but which Doppler did you buy? I know there's a thread on this from a while ago but I just recently started thinking of buying one. Thank you! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    F47 said:

@CaptainPhasmaMy confession. At first, I read this as, "I let the dog poop in bed with me after my husband goes to work..." Then, like a cartoon character, I shook my head and re-read.

I'm actually laughing out loud at my desk right now.
    LOL now you've got me laughing too! I would definitely not let the dog back on the bed after she pooped in it... Well not for a long while anyway. 

• Options
    My confession is that DH and I had plans for tonight to go to a friend's house for dinner around 8pm. We were planning on bringing DD with us but it's been cold and rainy and I didn't feel like going anymore. I was trying to think of an excuse to get out of it this morning when I put DD on top of our bed and she fell off, hitting her head on the hardwood floor. I panicked, called our ped, who reassured me that she would be okay (no blood, no bump) and gave me some things to look out for. After everything was done and my DD was back to normal, I texted my friend that she had fallen off the bed and that we wouldn't be able to make it tonight because I wasn't sure of her state. I used my daughter's fall to get out of plans tonight...smh. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have the same fear as you other breast feeding ladies and getting turned on. FI knows all he has to do is give them attention and it's on like donkey kong. This could get weird. 
  • Options
    @lindzsers Happy belated Birthday! 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    I'm not even hungry right now. As in, I just finished my lunch 30 minutes ago. But, I keep thinking about the Nature Valley Protein bar I have in my desk drawer. I know I'm going to have it as an afternoon snack, but I'm about to eat it now instead of waiting. Just because it keeps popping in my mind. And, if I'm eating it regardless, what's the difference between now and 3:30 today?
  • Options
    Michi1382 said:
    kmalls said:
    Sorry for this question, guys, but which Doppler did you buy? I know there's a thread on this from a while ago but I just recently started thinking of buying one. Thank you! 
    @Michi1382 - Sonoline B!