June 2016 Moms
Options

Friday Check-In

Happy Friday, ladies! It sounds like several people are bored by the slow activity around here, so let's get some activity going :)

How far along are you?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

What are you doing to prepare for baby?

Questions:

GTKY: What's the best meal you've ever eaten? Or, if it's too hard to remember a single meal, what's your favorite go-to meal?

Re: Friday Check-In

• Options
    How far along are you? 35+2

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rave: I slept all night last night without waking up! That is not typical of me lately, but I think it was the second time this week. I'll enjoy the sleep while I can get it. Rant: I think it's going to rain most of the weekend. I've been spoiled these past couple of weekends by nice weather, and we were planning to get some yard work done tomorrow, so I'll be bummed if it's raining.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Nothing major this weekend. We're waiting on a dresser to get delivered so we can put away the rest of his clothes, but that will take another couple of weeks. We did just buy some curtains and a crib skirt last weekend, so I'll wash and hang those.

GTKY: What's the best meal you've ever eaten? Or, if it's too hard to remember a single meal, what's your favorite go-to meal? My husband and I took a vacation to Italy last summer, and one night we had dinner at this place on the coast. We ate fresh anchovies, the fish of the day, and local wine. We live in the midwest, so we don't get fresh seafood on a regular basis, and it was incredible!
  • Options
    arteduc8arteduc8 member
    edited April 2016
    How far along are you?
    31+2

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    I slept well last night! Feeling a little more refreshed this morning. And my hip/groin/back pain is lessened today, yay!

Working on names and organizing her closet and dresser. Going to get the car seat checked this weekend too.

GTKY: What's the best meal you've ever eaten? Or, if it's too hard to remember a single meal, what's your favorite go-to meal?
    Ooh man, I had so many amazing meals in Europe last summer. Perhaps the dinner we had on a rooftop on lake Como at sunset. Amazing wine, saffron ravioli, creme brule torched table side, and Italian limoncello. It was to die for! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 33 +2

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm finally feeling human after our stomach virus this week, but night time leg cramps have started. Anyone else get these? Ow!

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Trying to de-clutter the house. Things have been slowed down by being sick though, so I'm way behind. I did start cleaning the linen closet this morning. 

Questions:

-how can I choose! I had some really good crab ravioli in cream sauce with garlic bread for our anniversary one year that was great! Also, the fried calimari and fresh sourdough rolls at this little restraint on the warf in Northern California is awesome! 

My my favorite go to at home is usually chicken enchiladas with jalepanos, sour cream, and fresh avocados 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    31 + 6

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    Rant: For the last 3 nights, I've woken up 6 times to pee. SIX! It doesn't help that I've also been so thirsty, but this is ridiculous. I'm exhausted. 
    Rave: My weekend starts today...so needed after the week I've had. 
    Symptoms: SO achey, horrible heartburn, forgetfulness (lol) 

Growth scan this morning to check on his growth & see if the eccentric umbilical cord is changing things at all. I'm so excited to see him, but anxious. Aside from that I might do a bit more of his laundry today. 

The beef tenderloin at our wedding was the most incredible thing ever. And every single meal we had on our honeymoon. 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • Options

How far along are you? 34 weeks

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rave: I've been sleeping much better these past couple of weeks! Rant: My skin is breaking out :(Symptoms: Starting to experience a little bit of back pain, and just some general discomfort.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? I have my first shower this weekend!

GTKY: What's the best meal you've ever eaten? Or, if it's too hard to remember a single meal, what's your favorite go-to meal? My go-to is pizza/pasta/wings!

• Options
    How far along are you? Well if we are going by my last period and his current fetal weight 33 weeks 4 days by a later ultrasound I am 34 weeks 4 days!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rants - my right leg is achey due to baby putting pressure on the main vein the vena cava or something like that!!! It's not as bad n the morning but by night time it is sore! Raves - Went in for a non stress test yesterday and baby was a rock star everything looked good and I got to see his face from the front view for the first time!! Symptoms - I am exhausted again almost as bad as first trimester! I swear I could lounge in bed til noon everyday! Oh another Rave is my snoogle really helped me sleep last night and it actually made me be able to get outta bed without all the usual aches and pains!

What are you doing to prepare for baby? This weekend we are finishing his closet (putting shelves up etc..), washing his clothes, and hanging stuff on his walls!

Questions: Anyone else suffer from right leg pain? From inner thigh to past knee? I have been to er 3 times and they have done ultrasounds saying no clots just pressure on main vein from baby. I see some spider veins n varicose veins I just hate how they ache!!!!

GTKY: What's the best meal you've ever eaten? Or, if it's too hard to remember a single meal, what's your favorite go-to meal?  This pregnancy I really love Jimmy Johns veggie sandwich lol oh and pizza haha!!!
  • Options
    How far along : 32 weeks. And I had to google that because I wasn't sure was it 32 or 33! Mom fail . 

Rants/Raves/ Symptoms: Feeling alright besides severe sciatica which left me completely immobile for a few days. Not being able to tend to my toddler really made me fear how hard it will be after my C Section. It broke my heart it being able to just lift her up and help her when she needed me. But alas, that's what's happening so I gotta make peace with it. 

What at are you doing to prep for baby?: I'm actually trying to enjoy my daughter as much as I can before this little one comes along. It's the last time it will be just her and us so we are really trying to do nice quality time things with her. 

Best meal? : I love a great steak with all the trimmings. But funnily I often order the pasta when I'm out for a dinner because I'm a carb freak! 

@DeePaddy24 enjoy your shower! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    How far along : 32 weeks. And I had to google that because I wasn't sure was it 32 or 33! Mom fail . 

Rants/Raves/ Symptoms: Feeling alright besides severe sciatica which left me completely immobile for a few days. Not being able to tend to my toddler really made me fear how hard it will be after my C Section. It broke my heart it being able to just lift her up and help her when she needed me. But alas, that's what's happening so I gotta make peace with it. 

What at are you doing to prep for baby?: I'm actually trying to enjoy my daughter as much as I can before this little one comes along. It's the last time it will be just her and us so we are really trying to do nice quality time things with her. 

Best meal? : I love a great steak with all the trimmings. But funnily I often order the pasta when I'm out for a dinner because I'm a carb freak! 

@DeePaddy24 enjoy your shower! 
    I think you tagged the wrong person...my shower is still a month away :( lol 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • Options
    Right on @annaf2011 I'm so glad to see an early check-in today :)

@HighFive16 I'm trying to enjoy my daughter a lot right now too.  Things are about to change a lot for all of us!
    @chelleb1017 I get random leg pain fairly often.  I have a killer vericose vein on one of them (mostly just aesthetically gross but sometimes achey) but usually it's from the baby pressing on nerves.  The other night I had a sudden and intense foot cramp.
    @DeePaddy24 best wishes for the growth scan!  Keep us posted!

How far along are you? 32 weeks tomorrow

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    Rant- I thought eating a lot of Activia yogurt was really helping me kick heartburn's ass but no, today it's raging.  
    Rave- I slept a bit better last night and feel more competent than I have the rest of the week.  I have a very busy weekend ahead so I'm glad I don't feel as burnt out as I did yesterday.  
    Also, got my hair cut last night, which was badly needed!  I picked up some dry shampoo which made this morning a bit speedier.  I've never used it before but can see it coming in handy on busy mornings with 2 kids.

Buying a ton of stuff at a community sale tonight!  The sale is tomorrow but I volunteer so I get to pre-shop tonight.  I have a long list and will probably come home with a TON of things- but all for very little money so the best kind of shopping there is :).  I buy my daughter a lot of fun cheap shoes every year at this sale and her reaction to them is the best part--- she's such a girlie girl.  

There's a restaurant my hubby and I love where I always have a good beer (or virgin caesar these days), poutine, and a veggie burrito that has fake chicken and an amazing mayo in it.  It's my go-to fave meal to go out for.  
  • Options
    Running super late to work lol : / I promise I will come back and check in later lol!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 34 Weeks today

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Pretty sure I started having contractions yesterday but my OB just blew it off and said its normal. Symptoms: sciatica that has me pretty immobile.Rave: My baby shower is tomorrow but hopefully the rain will not deter people from coming.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Baby shower this weekend then buying what we didnt get.

Questions:

GTKY: What's the best meal you've ever eaten? Or, if it's too hard to remember a single meal, what's your favorite go-to meal? I cant pick the best meal I have ever had lol. My favorite go to meal is chick fil a lol.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 35 + 2

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I've had cankles the past two days! Heartburn! Sleeping poorly! However, today is the last day of classes, with finals next week. Just need to turn in some grades and I'm home free!!

What are you doing to prepare for baby? I have one more baby shower being thrown in my honor. Still need to get Tdap, pack the hospital bag, and put in the carseat, but otherwise.... um, I think we're (dare I say) ready?

GTKY: What's the best meal you've ever eaten? Or, if it's too hard to remember a single meal, what's your favorite go-to meal? Best meal ever? I've been remembering this meal I had in Germany last year at a tiny, super old restaurant in Heidelberg. It's so small you have to share tables, and we shared a table with a couple other Americans and two Chinese. First, the schnitzel was delicious, but better yet, we had a really nice and helpful waiter, and had the best time chatting with our new 'friends' at the table. Lots of dry reisling, beer, and great conversation. And that's what makes the meal!
  • Options
    @AmberLiz99 I love chicken enchiladas! Enchiladas of any kind are one of my favorite things to make at home because they are so good and make the best leftovers.
  • Options
    @DeePaddy24 , Boo! Sorry. Yes I did. My morning eyes deceived me. I hope your growth scan goes good though.
      @Alanna999 you enjoy your shower!!
    @SMLmom Dry shampoo will definitely be your friend. I love it and so handy. I am a wannabe natural blonde and it is awesome for buying me time in between highlights too!. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 34+3

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Exhausted, I couldn't sleep last night and it sucked. And just so much pelvic pain. I had a growth scan today and everything looked good though, she's head down and they're estimating 5lbs1oz right now (with a delivery weight of 7lb9oz).  

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Impatiently waiting right now for the last couple of things to be delivered for DS' toddler room (out for delivery by 8pm today, but I want it now!), which we will be moving him into this weekend.  And once he's in his new room, then we can convert the nursery from a boy's room to a girl's room (new paint, bedding, and having a friend paint the mural on the wall).  I can't wait.

Questions:

GTKY: What's the best meal you've ever eaten? Or, if it's too hard to remember a single meal, what's your favorite go-to meal?  DH loves to eat out and try new restaurants so we've had a lot of good meals, I can't really pick one.  (He travels a ton for work so he gets to expense a lot of fancy dinners and try lots of new places.)  For our anniversary every year we don't exchange gifts, but we'll go out to a super fancy dinner, usually with a tasting menu.  One year we went to Blue Hill at Stone Barns in upstate NY, and that was pretty epic, so maybe that's my favorite?  But if I ever see braised ribs on a menu, I have to have it.  That and mac and cheese.  I could live on mac and cheese.  (My palate is not quite as refined as my husband's.)
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    34+5

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    Rant- can't get comfortable enough to sleep through the night. 
    Rave- had oatmeal cream pies for breakfast, followed by a Starbucks frappuccino... Delicious. 
    Symptoms- heartburn, getting tired more easily.

DH and I packed hospital bags and the diaper bag yesterday. Getting the car seat installed/inspected Tuesday.

Questions: I doubt anyone is, but are you ladies bringing your stroller in the car to the hospital? DH says we should, but isn't it policy that baby gets brought down to the car in moms arms or in the hospital bassinet, THEN gets buckled into the car seat? 

Best meal: spaghetti bolognaise from a local Mediterranean/Italian restaurant. Go-to meal: Mac and cheese. Because carbs. :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sdLindenberg I personally don't think the stroller is necessary, but it doesn't hurt to have it in the trunk if you think you might want it.  Our hospital had us buckle DS into his bucket seat before being discharged, and they checked him, and then we carried him to the lobby, where I made DH bring the car to me and we snapped him right in.  However, we were being discharged from the NICU, I'm not sure whether that changes if you're leaving from your room.  (We did not bring a stroller last time, and are not planning on it this time around.)
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    34+5

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    Rant- bending over to pick things up totally sucks hahaha!
    Rave- TGIF!!!!!
    Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions (at least that's what I hope they are) that are knocking the wind out of me and making me feel tons of pressure and nausea and sometimes cramping. 

Hanging curtains in the nursery, trying to finish renovations on the house, installing car seat this weekend so I can get it inspected at a local community event next week and deciding what to pack in the hospital bags.

Questions: Clothes wise, is anyone packing more than a coming home outfit in their hospital bag? Some of the hospital staff told me they encourage you to bring clothes and dress your baby every day and some told me they prefer you leave them in the shirt onsies for easier access to blood draws, circumcision care and cord care. im not sure which to follow.

GTKY: What's the best meal you've ever eaten? Or, if it's too hard to remember a single meal, what's your favorite go-to meal? not a meal, but a side dish... Truffled lobster macaroni and cheese.... So good!!!!!

• Options
    Ok I'm back lol. 

How far along: 34+4 or 5 honestly I can't remember lol

Rant/ rave/ symptoms? More stretching happening plus longer, more frequent and painful contractions. Heartburn is easing up slightly but the urge to pee is all the more frequent.  My rant is that it's snowing, just a spring storm so no biggie but still gross to look at none the less.

GTKY: best meal ever was at a little Italian resteraunt in Florence, Italy

• Options
    @sdLindenberg the policy when I had my girls were that the babies were supposed to go down in the baby bucket car seats. I think it's because they do the car seat breathing checks right before discharge. I think this was standard protocol for the hospital I delivered at but then again it may have been because my girls were only 4 lbs when discharged.

• Options
    @thycapa I'm sure every hospital is different but it couldn't hurt to bring extra outfits. 

Sorry everyone for the three posts, my phone and or the app was being completely idiotic.
  • Options
    @newbabymakes4 my H and I recently watched a documentary about Blue Hill at Stone Barns. It's part of a documentary series on Netflix called "Chef's Table", and they feature a different chef in each episode. That restaurant looks so awesome! I would love to get there someday.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 34 weeks today

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 
    Rants: The stomach virus has invaded our house! My son has it too and OMG! He vomited literally on my chest during nap time today. I messaged my husband and told him... "Shit officially hit the fan". It's been a rough week for sure. My poor boys been walking around the house saying " I got the diarrhea". Bless him!

Raves: I'm sooooo happy I am not swelling like I did with my DS. I honestly cannot believe it. I told my mother in law I could stand on my head for 5-6 more weeks at this point. I have have terrible sciatica and pelvic pain which I have been seeing the chiropractor for that has totally DISAPPEARED. Praise the Lord! Don't get me wrong... I still feel like a T-Rex getting out of bed still, but thankful for no swelling. Praying it stays this way. 

Symptoms: Heartburn from Hell and baby girl is more active than ever. 

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Been washing her clothes and of course buying more! It's literally an obsession at this point. :-)

Questions:

GTKY: What's the best meal you've ever eaten? Or, if it's too hard to remember a single meal, what's your favorite go-to meal? Best meal would have been in Charleston,SC with my husband few yrs back. Two words... FRESH SEAFOOD! My favorite. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @sdLindenberg when I had DD the rule was that my H was to bring the infant seat in to the hospital and they checked her and her fastening when she was in it before leaving and that was it. We were sure they would check the car as well but they never did. I personally wouldn't bring the stroller. Your H is going to be nervous enough bringing baby home without any other distractions or added items to even think about. You won't be using it. 

• Options
    @Tawny87 thanks so much for the advice! That's a good point.
  • Options
    33+6

Rants: I need sleep.
    Raves: I crave all things sweet. IT IS FRIDAY!!

GTKY: I had the best meal ever in Morano, Italy. There was shrimp rosotto, fish lasagna, and many other seafood dishes. Free flowing white wine and it was wonderful. Not sure about the best meal in the states. My grandma before she passed away cooked the best food ever!!
  • Options
    33+6

Rants: I need sleep.
    Raves: I crave all things sweet. IT IS FRIDAY!!

GTKY: I had the best meal ever in Morano, Italy. There was shrimp rosotto, fish lasagna, and many other seafood dishes. Free flowing white wine and it was wonderful. Not sure about the best meal in the states. My grandma before she passed away cooked the best food ever!!
    Murano is AMAZING!!!!