June 2016 Moms
Options

Moby or boba?

Does anyone have experience with one or the other? Both? Any new suggestions as far as wraps go.

thanks!

Re: Moby or boba?

• Options
    I plan on getting Baby Ktan because I've only heard great things about it :) 
  • Options
    No experience in using it [yet], but I got a Boba based on reviews & recommendations from others. 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is this a serious thread or a joke like the belly button poll? Just want to make sure...
  • Options
    No experience in using it [yet], but I got a Boba based on reviews & recommendations from others. 
    Exact same here.  I liked the reviews and friends recommended the Boba wrap, but I'm a FTM so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
  • Options
    I loved my Moby but the fabric is quite heavy and hot for the summer. Haven't tried a Boba.

Personally I prefer woven wraps to the stretchy ones. They're more supportive with larger babies and you don't need as many layers so it's not so hot. Storchenwiege, Elleville, Girasol are a few good brands (but there are LOTS).
  • Options
    No experience with Boba.  Tried and hated the Moby - too much fabric, too hot (in September), DS cried in it.  I'm going to give the Baby K'tan Active (cooler fabric model) a shot this time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a moby and a baby ktan, I like the moby but it's a LOT of fabric, the ktan was nice but I like that the moby can be adjusted as you loose the baby weight. My ktan didn't fit as well and I think it's because I got the wrong size. You could try and find in a store so you can try them out. It can be a little overwhelming with all the fabric at first but once you get the hang of it it's great. 
  • Options
    Look for a baby wearing group in your area. I found one on Facebook, they have meet ups where you can try on different kinds and sometimes borrow! 

I thought a stroller was hard to choose, now I enter the world of baby wearing!! 

I have a moby that was a hand me down. And I'm either getting an Ergo 360 or a Tula, if I could find a Tula Brave there would be no more discussion :smile: 
  • Options
    Boba, haven't used it yet but chose it based on the really great reviews on Amazon.
    Me: 29
    The Mr.: 31
    EDD: 6/2/16
    Furbabies: 3 rescue dogs
  • Options
    I have used both.  Boba is little thinner material with breathing room and stretchier. When you put the Moby on you don't have much wiggle room and it doesn't loosen up. Boba, you have to put it on snug cause it stretches. Same amount of material. I loved both, but will prolly use the Boba d/t the heat of the summer. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm getting an Ergo 360. But thats because DH has to be able to use it too, and I can promise you, he's NOT going to be doing a wrap or other sling thats similar in the fact that you can't just clip it on, put the kid in and go. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been trying to figure out this same thing. I am getting a tula, but deciding whether to purchase the infant insert or get the moby or k'tan. Nice to know Moby and Boba might be too warm for the summer.

• Options
    Ergobaby might still be on sale on zulily @sdLindenberg
  • Options
    As far as wrap style carrier: I got a Solly Wrap, as per a lot of video reviews i watched. Its so soft and comfy lol
  • Options
    I got the wrapsody breeze wrap and a Tula.  The breeze wrap works best for warm monyhs cause it's sooooo breathable. We tested it up on our nephew and its awesome!
  • Options
    I have the Moby and I really like it. It is a lot of fabric. DS seem to like it when he was small. I don't really have any experience with the others.

Married 6/18/2009

TTC since 10/2010-BFP 12/23/2011

Baby 2.0 BFP 10/16/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have an ergo but I want some sort of wrap for the newborn stage, instead of getting the infant insert. My SIL made her own boba style wraps out of a muslin fabric and I'm looking into doing the same. But as a FTM I'm a little weary on making my own. I've been seeing a lot of wraps on Craigslist so I may go that route or look into a used goods store. I can't justify paying full price on one of these stretchy wraps that only carries up to 25 or so pounds. 
  • Options
    Emztron500Emztron500 member
    edited April 2016
    We have an ergo but I want some sort of wrap for the newborn stage, instead of getting the infant insert. My SIL made her own boba style wraps out of a muslin fabric and I'm looking into doing the same. But as a FTM I'm a little weary on making my own. I've been seeing a lot of wraps on Craigslist so I may go that route or look into a used goods store. I can't justify paying full price on one of these stretchy wraps that only carries up to 25 or so pounds. 
    I had 2 Moby wraps: one I paid $30 for, the other I got for free. And I was able to sell them both when I was done with them by 3 months or so (stretchy wraps become very difficult to use well before you hit the actual weight limit, IMO)

ETA: so yes definitely check online swaps and classifieds :) good deals to be had!
  • Options
    I'm getting an Ergo 360. But thats because DH has to be able to use it too, and I can promise you, he's NOT going to be doing a wrap or other sling thats similar in the fact that you can't just clip it on, put the kid in and go. 
    So the big thing about the ergo 360 compared to their other models is that you can wear the baby facing forward or inward, correct? 
    TTC since 1/2013 on our own 
     HSG-2/2014 Rt ovary not visible and/or blocked 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
     First cycle-clomid/ovidrel and TI 8/2015-BFN 8/31 
     Second cycle-clomid/ovidrel IUI 9/2015-
    BFP on 9/25/15 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a Moby and an Ergo with DS.  Loved the Ergo, and never quite got the hang of the moby so it is sitting in a pile in the basement.  I have heard great things about Tula's ring sling and am tempted to get one this time around.
  • Options
    So the big thing about the ergo 360 compared to their other models is that you can wear the baby facing forward or inward, correct? 
    I thought the 360 meant you could back wear as well.  Not all carriers allow you to do that.
  • Options
    I thought the 360 meant you could back wear as well.  Not all carriers allow you to do that.
    I think it's because the 360 is the only Ergo carrier that is forward facing. 
  • Options
    You can back carry in any Ergo model (and most similar buckle carriers...stretchy wraps are the main carrier type that you can't back wear in). The 360 does indeed let you carry baby facing out or in.
  • Options
    You can back carry in any Ergo model (and most similar buckle carriers...stretchy wraps are the main carrier type that you can't back wear in). The 360 does indeed let you carry baby facing out or in.
    Thank you ladies! Now one more question what about wearing it, does it get in the way or is it hard to wear if you have larger chest? I've heard this might be typical of this type of carrier even though they have really good back support compared to a sling like carrier. 
    TTC since 1/2013 on our own 
     HSG-2/2014 Rt ovary not visible and/or blocked 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
     First cycle-clomid/ovidrel and TI 8/2015-BFN 8/31 
     Second cycle-clomid/ovidrel IUI 9/2015-
    BFP on 9/25/15 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a larger chest and I never had trouble with the Ergo or the Moby. 
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KMW26KMW26 member
    I loves my bona!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! Now one more question what about wearing it, does it get in the way or is it hard to wear if you have larger chest? I've heard this might be typical of this type of carrier even though they have really good back support compared to a sling like carrier. 
    I have 36Ds when not pregnant/nursing and 38DDs when I am.  They weren't in the way with the Moby or original model Ergo or Baby Bjorn.  

If you are looking at the Ergo 360 for the forward-facing option, look at the Beco Gemini too.  It's got the same forward-facing with leg support structure.  The Bjorn lets you forward-face baby, but doesn't support their legs in a nice ergonomic position like the other two.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just ordered a Moby for around the house, Nordstrom rack online has them for 29.99 right now instead of the usual $45 and up.
  • Options
    I have a lovely linen ring sling from Etsy that I loved for when my son was young, and a Tula for when he was older.  Reusing both for this LO.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    I was going to get a Moby or a Boba until I found Solly Wraps (stretch wrap) and Lillebaby (SSC).  Got one of each and am soooooo happy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Boba Wrap all the way for newborn! The fabric is softer, and is a little more stretchy, so we could get a better/more snug hug fit for less adjusting later.We love the Boba Carrier, too - way more comfy and easy to adjust than the Ergo (especially for breastfeeding). I don't know much about the Lillebaby. When baby gets bigger, the Boba foot straps are amazingly helpful for leg and hip positioning. Cheers!
  • Options
    I've decided to go for the K'tan for a wrap/sling around the house -- much less fabric and seems easier to get a squirmy baby in there. I have seen women really struggle with these long-ass wraps. It has very many position possibilities and comes in a few different types of fabric, reviews are great. 
    And then we're  getting the Ergo 360 for being out and about and for H to wear. We picked the mesh version since it allows for forward and inward facing and back-carry, plus it's made of a lighter breathable material than the original 360. Neither of these are ones you mentioned, but in case you're open to more brands!
  • Options
    I don't know a darn thing about this Boba you speak of, but I have a Moby. I like it and I don't like it. It makes me SUPER HOT. It's basically like wearing five sweaters AND a really warm baby. And I used it last when I had a baby born in February. I can't imagine wearing it with a Summer baby. Holy heck fire. But I love the versatility of it. There's a way to nurse in it "hands-free." Pretty cool.
    BabyFetus Ticker