January 2017 Moms

First Appointment?

Re: First Appointment?

• My first ultrasounds is May 23rd.....it can't come soon enough!!!!!!

• June 1!!
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Loading the player...
  • I just called today and my first appointment is May 26.  It's actually a little sooner than I expected based on how i remember things with DS. I am hoping it goes by quickly!
  • new_ivfnew_ivf member
    First appointment May 17th with ultrasound. Ill be 7+2 I think? Curious if they will also do a blood test?
  • sseth89sseth89 member
    My first appointment is May 27 as well,  3 weeks seems like torture!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't have an appointment scheduled. Who and where would be the best place?
  • Because I'm high risk I have my first appointment may 13th and I get to have quite a few appointments fro. Now until jan
  • awknycawknyc member
    My first appointment is this Tuesday at 6w. My ob will see patients between 6-8w weeks so I opted for the earlier since I've had a previous early and can't wait!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first appointment was this past Weds, since we don't know when I ovulated Dr wanted to be sure of the location. He ordered blood work to see my hcg levels, then go back 5/19 for follow up ultrasound for dating and fingers crossed see a heartbeat. By my calculations we'll be around 7 weeks then.
  • My first appt is May 17. I don't think it will be an ultrasound. I was so excited when I called I didn't know what to ask. I plan to call back next week with some questions :smiley: 
    MC 5W5D - 5/13/16
    MMC 9W0D - 2/16/17 - D&C 2/24/17 

• My doctor wanted me to confirm at the office with another doctor who was available so I did that and then go in for my first apt on the 25th. Here we don't get u/s in office so then she will likely book me in for one at the u/s clinic.

It was awesome though because the cover off doctor told me he had told my doctor about my positive results when he got it and she was really excited for me! It was great knowing my doctor was invested in my BFP too after she has known my DH and I have been going through RE appointments. She delivered me so I am excited to have her as my prenatal doctor/OB as well! 

• egilonaegilona member
    My first appointment is May 31 with my family doctor - I'll be 7 weeks. No idea what to expect, though hopefully she'll help give me a road map for how things will work - like, I don't have any idea what hospital to deliver in or how much choice I get in that - heck, I don't even have an OB/GYN! I feel so unprepared...
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    DD: 1/17/17
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• egilona said:
    My first appointment is May 31 with my family doctor - I'll be 7 weeks. No idea what to expect, though hopefully she'll help give me a road map for how things will work - like, I don't have any idea what hospital to deliver in or how much choice I get in that - heck, I don't even have an OB/GYN! I feel so unprepared...
    My doctor suggested all of those things for me! I was in the same position. She recommended her favorite practice based on where I live and told me about where they deliver, etc! Good luck. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • I have my first scan scheduled for 6 weeks. May 16th. I also have my second scan scheduled for two weeks later. My doctor is letting me come in earlier because this is my rainbow...to ease my anxious mind. 
  • My first appoint is May 24th. 2 more weeks. not sure what they are going to do the first appointment. 
  • My first appointment is May 25 and they're going to do a vaginal ultrasound. I'll only be 7 weeks then and I'm not high risk, it just what's standard with my obgyn. 

I have to say I'm really happy I don't need to that long, but it still seems so far away! 
  • Also anyone else bringing their S.O.? I asked my husband to come since they're doing an ultrasound but I'm not sure how many he'll end up going to.
  • laufisch said:
    Also anyone else bringing their S.O.? I asked my husband to come since they're doing an ultrasound but I'm not sure how many he'll end up going to.
    Definitely bringing DH. It's the first ultrasound and I'll need all the support I can get should something (God forbid) go wrong. Otherwise, I'll want him there to celebrate good news! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH is coming with me for the ultrasound for sure. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I have my first appointment with a full blood work panel on May 23rd and was told my first u/s won't be until 12 weeks, which is JULY. Ugh.

• AmyKDuffyAmyKDuffy member
    edited May 2016
    My first u/s is May 26 (8 wks, 3 days), but the facility we are going to also does a group appoint with my DH and I plus four other couples. It's supposed to be an educational appointment where they just unload a ton of information on us regarding nutrition, what to expect, etc. I'm excited to at least have SOMETHING! 3 weeks from now seems like ages!
    Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
    BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
    BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
    BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20

• egilonaegilona member
    edited May 2016
    I've been wondering - for those whose LMP date and O date would give them significantly different due dates, what's best to tell the doctor? I've heard that some doctors won't take your word on when you O'd and insist on calculating from the date of your LMP; in that case, would it be better to just give them a date for your LMP that's just whenever 2 weeks prior to your O date was? I don't want to lie if I don't have to, but I also don't want the doctor telling I'm measuring small because they say I'm 9 weeks when I'm actually only 7 weeks.

Anyone else in the same boat? What are you planning to do?
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• ju0725ju0725 member
    @egilona, the difference between my LMP date and my Ovulation date is off my one day. Pregnancy is 40 weeks total the first two start from the date of  your last period. They should yield dates within a few days of eachother. Google for a calculator that will do both and you will see what I am talking about. 
  • egilonaegilona member
    ju0725 said:
    @egilona, the difference between my LMP date and my Ovulation date is off my one day. Pregnancy is 40 weeks total the first two start from the date of  your last period. They should yield dates within a few days of eachother. Google for a calculator that will do both and you will see what I am talking about. 
    My LMP began on 3/31 and I ovulated on 4/26. So if you were dating from the date of my LMP vs. my O date, the due dates would end up 1w5d apart, wouldn't they?
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• ju0725ju0725 member
    @egilona, you are right you did ovulate later than the "norm" which is different for everyone. I would just give the doctor both dates and explain that you tracked ovulation and you believe you are only x amount of weeks. :)
  • @egilona I'm in the same boat. I didn't ovulate until CD50 so there is no way we will be going off my LMP. I had to do a dating u/s with my first since I was not tracking nor testing regularly so I had no idea. Now I wish I didn't have a clue again so I could get an earlier appt! ;P

• @egilona I think for those with cycle lengths that fall within the "normal" range, most doctors will assume LMP until your dating exam, then adjust as needed. They also may adjust the dating throughout your pregnancy. You should tell your Dr the O date according to your charting so they have that for reference, but it's my understanding many doctors assume many patients temp and OPK chart incorrectly so they'll go with LMP first (unless you're an RE patient).

• My first appointment with the nurse practitioner at my OB is today. I'm super excited. Also I got great news about my betas which I'll share in the beta thread. My OB currently thinks I'm 6 weeks because of my LMP, but armed with my betas and charts in hand I'm hoping I'll be able to show them differently. And if not, it'll work out for me anyway because they do the first ultrasound at 8 weeks and they currently think that should be May 22nd for me, so I guess I would just get a 6 week one instead!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • First ultrasound May 27th! 
  • May 23rd, two days before my birthday. Seems like forever!!
  • egilonaegilona member
    @MrsCPALeslie Birthday twins! May 25 is my birthday too :)
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• Since I'm considered low risk i just see a nurse for my first visit...on may 25. I don't see MD until end of june. Ill be almost 12weeks then. Unless something comes up at first appt. 
  • KimC85KimC85 member
    My first appointment is the 27th. I went with a different Dr than last time but I'm pretty sure I won't get an U/S until 20 weeks. Last time I got a dating one, but I hasn't been sure when my LMP was. This time we were trying so I know.
  • First ultrasound on May 25th! Feels like forever from now.
    Me: 27, DH: 32
    Together: 1/24/11
    Married: 10/11/14
    BFP: 4/26/2016
    EDD: 1/4/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• nykm328nykm328 member
    I had my first appointment - a blood test, family history rundown and chat with my OB/GYN - on May 5 (Week 4), mostly at my insistence because this is my first and I wanted to make sure it was real. ☺️ They (OB receptionist) told me when I called after my BFP that I could wait until Week 8 for my first appointment...I told her I wanted the blood test and didn't want to wait! So now my next is for more blood work (just to confirm my hCG levels are rising at the right rate) in two days on May 17 (Week 6). I'll then go in for my first U/S and what I was told would be "a lot of blood work" in Week 8-9.... Will schedule that on Tuesday and push for ASAP because I can't wait!!!

Are you all seeing your regular primary care physician as well as your OB/GYN? I wasn't planning to go to my PCP until it's time for my regular annual checkup... Will ask my OB for advice, but would love to know what you're all doing too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • egilonaegilona member
    @nykm328 I'm going to my PCP first because I don't have an OB. I'm actually sort of surprised that so many people (even those who haven't been pregnant before) seem to have a regular OB. I have no idea what I could have needed one for before now!
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• egilona said:
    @nykm328 I'm going to my PCP first because I don't have an OB. I'm actually sort of surprised that so many people (even those who haven't been pregnant before) seem to have a regular OB. I have no idea what I could have needed one for before now!
    I have a regular ob but she is a GYN also... So I've been going to her since I was 18 for for annual Pap's etc... That probably the case with most. 
  • I have my first ultrasound on Monday to figure out due date! 
  • I had a confirmation appointment with my OB NP on 5/6. My dating ultrasound is Tuesday. We conceived immediately after I stopped taking BC, so the doctor wants to confirm the due date. 

I'm definitely feeling anxious, excited, and nervous about seeing the baby for the first time. I'm hoping I'll be able to see the heartbeat (I'll be 7 weeks so I know it's too early to hear the heartbeat). I'm really not looking forward to drinking 32oz of water a half hour before the appointment and holding it. Especially with morning sickness. But I'll do anything for this little peanut! 
  • Tues... 5/17. I'll be 4+2.  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker