August 2016 Moms

Randoms Week of 4/25

2»

Re: Randoms Week of 4/25

• I don't live near my mom and haven't seen her since I told her I was pregnant. I send her bump pics every once in awhile. The last few times she has told me I should post them on fb. I keep telling her no but this last time she just kept insisting. 
    Do you guys post bump pics? Or what do you think of people who do? I just feel people can see me when I go home in June or if I'm in a picture with friends or something and they post it. 
    I have posted two so far on FB. Once at 19 weeks because people were asking and then one at 21 weeks for my profile photo. I'm not really into posting them weekly on fb or even really at all on FB.

On Instagram though I am opposite. For me Instagram is a photo based social media website so it seems less clutter like to post there once a week. Plus It is fun for me to see the bump progress. :) 
    Exactly the same as me. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Hannah0726 same as PP but I've only posted one and it technically wasn't even a bump pic just a pic of DH and I that showed the bump. I'm friends with women who do share more bump pics. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Hannah0726 same as PP here. Also I have a few friends having trouble conceiving, and having been in their shoes I try to limit my bump pics to FB to avoid hurting their feelings or whatnot. I doubt it would acutally hurt their feelings but I'm just being considerate of their feelings and situation. I have posted only 2 or 3 pictures max and I might do one more for my shower.
    I do, however,  have a blog for my out of town friends and family, that's where I do the most of my pregnancy talk. That way it's up to them if they want to know or not and I'm not annoying them with updates. They chose to go and read my weekly updates. It's been a great way to keep them up to date with it all. I also love that in the future, my child will be able to go and read it, kinda like a journal. If I am having a girl and she one days is pregnant she could compare note as well. 
  • I've been unintentionally recycling my limited maternity dresses I can pass for wearing to work lately so today, I've no choice to change things up and wear pants!!

Even though they're maternity pants, nothing feels better than dresses IMO. Womp wompppp
  • Or better yet...wearing nothing at all! 
  • I don't have a lot of followers on Instagram but I would more than likely post it there before fb. Loved reading all your opinions ladies!
    I used to have a blog too when we first moved overseas. I could always fire that back up and give an update on our life.
    But there is a part of me that is excited to go home and be like bam! Look at this belly!
  • I am seriously side eyeing MIL. A few weeks back she told DH that she was having some "issues" so her doctor was having her do a colonoscopy. The results come back and lo and behold her "issues" are hemroids. I'm not saying that hemroids aren't painful but she was acting like she had colon cancer. Fast forward to yesterday, she went in for an outpatient procedure to have the hemroids removed, they scrape them out with a knife in case you were wondering. 

She also told DH that she found a lump on her breast and is going in for a mammogram. Either of these incidents are potientally scary situations but his family always defaults to medical issues when they feel like DH isn't coming around enough. I posted a few weeks ago about his grandma going to the hospital because of her diverticulitis. I'm trying to make an honest effort with my in laws as Ive realized that they'll be around as long as DH and I are together, which I plan on being forever. Also I don't want mine and DHs relationship affected by drama with his family. Damn all these adult issues. 
  • I don't live near my mom and haven't seen her since I told her I was pregnant. I send her bump pics every once in awhile. The last few times she has told me I should post them on fb. I keep telling her no but this last time she just kept insisting. 
    Do you guys post bump pics? Or what do you think of people who do? I just feel people can see me when I go home in June or if I'm in a picture with friends or something and they post it. 
    I don't post on social media but I have a weekly pic because I post them on this board. I was wondering what I was going to do with all of them. My friend recommended a chat book as a keep sake for us and the LO. You could do one for your mom.  I love chat books! 
  • @Hannah0726 I recently changed my profile pic on Facebook to be one of me with an obvious bump. I don't think I'll post any others unless they're for some other reason (like having DS in them). I'm also not super active on Facebook so I feel like it would be a little weird for me to start posting a bunch of bump photos. 

• I am seriously side eyeing MIL. A few weeks back she told DH that she was having some "issues" so her doctor was having her do a colonoscopy. The results come back and lo and behold her "issues" are hemroids. I'm not saying that hemroids aren't painful but she was acting like she had colon cancer. Fast forward to yesterday, she went in for an outpatient procedure to have the hemroids removed, they scrape them out with a knife in case you were wondering. 

She also told DH that she found a lump on her breast and is going in for a mammogram. Either of these incidents are potientally scary situations but his family always defaults to medical issues when they feel like DH isn't coming around enough. I posted a few weeks ago about his grandma going to the hospital because of her diverticulitis. I'm trying to make an honest effort with my in laws as Ive realized that they'll be around as long as DH and I are together, which I plan on being forever. Also I don't want mine and DHs relationship affected by drama with his family. Damn all these adult issues. 
    This is exactly my MIL! And I secretly think that some of it is being passed down to dh. MIL is the biggest most crazy hypochondriac I have ever met. She keeps telling dh to get checked for this, that, and the other thing because it "runs in the family". So far, the doctors have found nothing wrong with her besides the fact that she doesn't take care of herself. She hardly ever eats, doesn't drink water, doesn't take the pills she has been prescribed, the list goes on and on.
  • @jamiesc58 it's crazy! Pretty much every adult in DHs family has type 2 diabetes except for DH. None of them take care of themselves and then complain when they have all these complications! When DH was younger MIL would freak out every time something happened. DH developed some kind of rash around his ankle a few years back, before we were married, and MIL rushed him to the ER. FOR A RASH. Oh it wasn't flesh eating bacteria, well go figure! I can see the habits in DH a little bit where something will happen with DD and he's like maybe we should take her to the doctor. No honey, she's fine, it's a cold. I have to be his voice of reason. 
  • Road trip to Minnesota with my BFF starts in less than 3 hours!! Super excited for some much needed girl time!
  • I'm getting sick.  I can just tell.  And normally I'm a great sick person - if it's bad enough I'll give myself a day at home to lie on the couch but I don't whine or complain too much.  This time around I feel like I'm going to be just like my husband (a.k.a. a big baby) and demand extra attention and cuddling and food brought to me.  I deserve it, right?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Um...I just had an entire double chocolate chip muffin for breakfast. Well, I had a banana too so I think it balances out, sort of. No regrets! Damn it was good though. Cue the baby kicks in 5...4...3...2...!!
  • Allisun85 said:
    DH and I did the scanny thing at Target. I just reviewed our registry...Ladies, don't leave your husband unattended with the scanner. I ran to the ladies room and left him with the cart and the scanner...So much random crap on there.
    I did this at Babies R Us. The scanner was the only way to keep him 'occupied' while we were doing the registry. I could hear him scanning stuff the next aisle over and he'd act like he wasn't doing anything when I came back around the corner. I got home and checked everything online. I had to delete sooo much stuff! I swear, it's true when people say your hubby is your first child!
  • I love carters! I also love the pineapple pajamas! I want to buy DD all things pineapple right now!
  • @midwestbaby I'm totally showing this to DH to justify my shopping spree for baby this weekend! We're going to BBB to buy our crib mattress and changing pad using their 20% coupon but I'm now inspired by your LO's wardrobe collection so far. Good work. We are also keeping the sex a surprise to everyone. It's awesome - definitely limits the nosey ones from questioning A-Z after they find out if it's a boy or not. 
  • lgem4 said:
    @midwestbaby I bought the purple owl outfit too! Its too cute. 
    I just love the print! And the owl bum! **swoon**
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Now I must go into the Carters outlet!  I've been trying to not buy anything new until baby arrives.  I did buy a bunch of stuff from garage sales last week.
  • DD fell this morning and bit the skin that connects the top lip to the gum. It's the first time she's done something to cause herself to bleed so I was trying not to panic while she's laughing at me cause I'm acting like an idiot. Thanks to google I realize she'll be fine and it'll heal on its own within 3-4 days. Now I'm sitting here wondering why on earth we decided to have another baby. Cue the second "this is really happening" freak out. 
  • DD fell this morning and bit the skin that connects the top lip to the gum. It's the first time she's done something to cause herself to bleed so I was trying not to panic while she's laughing at me cause I'm acting like an idiot. Thanks to google I realize she'll be fine and it'll heal on its own within 3-4 days. Now I'm sitting here wondering why on earth we decided to have another baby. Cue the second "this is really happening" freak out. 
    Awww sorry to hear that! I can only imagine how you must've felt when that happened. I know this isn't the same but my heart breaks a little whenever I accidentally step on my dog's paws and he yelps/cries out of pure pain. Hope she heals soon!!
  • @LWC1112 -  Thanks for the bra recommendation.  They came in the mail yesterday and are amazing! 
  • Tagalongs...where have you been all my life? Thin mints can hit the road. 
  • @lgem4 I put all kinds of random stuff on my registry, medicine included! I figure it doesn't hurt to give people more options than too few.. Plus I started having too much fun zapping stuff with the gun 
  • Damn you Pinterest...one pregnancy related pin after another and I came across delivery details of moms who blogged about things that no one tells you. 

Oh and my 27th week has greeted me with more frequent urination than ever in my first trimester, extreme exhaustion/need to sleep for more than 12 hrs/day, and this uncontrollable urge to eat anything and everything every other hour. DH just told me that everything is going to alright. We are in such different worlds right now.
  • I just spent way more than I had intended on maternity bathing suits. I feel super guilty but there's no way I can make it through the summer in a bathing suit that makes me feel like a whale!

• @Allisun85 that was sweet of them! My mom thinks the same thing so she will randomly buy me pieces. 
  • @lynnlove28 It was more than sweet it was ... amazing, and selfless and everything I hope to be in a parent. They spent like half their tax return, and I went from stressing out if DH didn't do laundry twice a week, and panicking every time I found a hole in something which still fit because I was wearing it to pieces -  to being able to do laundry on the weekends and still have a few things left - and have enough and a variety to know I will make it until the end. I mean, they bought me everything from maternity underwear to nursing bras to sleep in, to clothing and jammies. Even a special nursing night gown and robe set which was completely unnecessary, but my mom wanted me to "have something pretty to wear at the hospital after he gets here!"

The only thing they asked in return was I keep the clothes until we absolutely decide we are one and done to the point of taking permanent action to prevent any more kiddos. My husband is almost 40, and I am in my 30's so we need to make a decision in the next few years anyway.

My parents are pretty excited about a grandbaby though. My sister in law is absolutely against having kids, and my husband and I may be one and done, so they are really trying to enjoy every step of being grandparents, and truly don't resent helping us. Even forcing help on us, lol.