October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms (4/25)

Re: Weekly randoms (4/25)

• Options
    @annabenanna I'm not a fan of the kick count rule.  I mean, I get that they're trying to give you something to go off of, but in reality not all babies are going to kick 10+ times at all hours.  Many times babies have quiet periods where they're sleeping, and it's nothing to be concerned about.  Usually it worked for me to poke around and wiggle my belly or drink something sugary and lay down and wait for movement.  But for sure, the worrying never stops.  You worry about them in early pregnancy before you feel movement, and once you can feel them moving around you worry when they have quieter days.

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @sidecarsareforbishes , as if there wasn't enough things to worry about already!  That last line especially was weird: "any abnormal movement you suspect, just in case".  OMG, what is an abnormal movement?  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @annabenanna It's not as terribly scary as it sounds. You'll learn your babies normal and routines and go off that. My son wasn't a morning baby and would have gentle movements here and there but by nighttime it was a party in there. If you call in they tell you to drink something sugary, lay down and relax and focus. If you "fail" then you go in for an NST and normally they kick the monitor and go nuts. I love my kid to death but he was always minutes from "failing" the kick count time period so I had some freak outs but learning his days was helpful.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    I was close to peeing myself and drug my toddler into the bathroom at burlington, and I'll never go back. Both toilets were OVERFLOWING with poop. I went to tell an employee who said "We have someone check them hourly and it should be done soon" and walked away. We left and went to BK to use the bathroom. Seriously how do you overflow a toilet or two with crap and not inform someone? More importantly why doesn't anyone care?

• Options
    @kmolleltz I would be lost without sour cream. I love it so much. Try making your own! 

https://alchemybaking.blogspot.com/2013/05/make-your-own-homemade-sour-cream.html
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    Totally random, but I was at disneyland on Monday and while we were in line for a ride we chatted it up with a couple in front of us with a baby. The baby was 6 weeks old. In my head I was thinking "Yeesh... that seems a little soon to bring a baby to someplace like disney." I mean with all the germs and just last year there was a measles outbreak there... I'm a FTM though, so what do I know. What do you guys think? 
  • Options
    Totally random, but I was at disneyland on Monday and while we were in line for a ride we chatted it up with a couple in front of us with a baby. The baby was 6 weeks old. In my head I was thinking "Yeesh... that seems a little soon to bring a baby to someplace like disney." I mean with all the germs and just last year there was a measles outbreak there... I'm a FTM though, so what do I know. What do you guys think? 
    I wouldn't because germs, and because who wants to be out and on their feet that long at 6 weeks? But I did take him to visit family, the store, and other places for quick trips and if I remember correctly, we got vaccines at 6 weeks.

• Options
    @mrszoess , omg. i want nuggets. you are evil!
  • Options
    Happy birthday @mrszoess !!! I now need dino nuggets. 

@coffee89 Right? After I typed what I wrote I thought how much I wouldn't want to be walking around all day at Disneyland 6 weeks after giving birth. I plan to become even more of a hermit than I already am. 
  • Options
    @annabenanna I'm sorry!!!! they're so good!!! 

and thanks @julia70286!!!! everyone needs Dino nuggets 
  • Options
    @mrszoess , I'm a dick, I totally didn't read the part where it's your birthday.  Sorry and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!  Eat all the dino nuggets!!!!
  • Options
    I haven't been paying attention at all to the whole week-by-week development updates, I feel like I just don't have time. With DS, I was allllll about the biology aspect (I have a bachelors in biology) but now I'm just trying to survive said toddler. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    lol it's okay @annabenanna
  • Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY @mrszoess!!!!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • Options
    thanks @simcal18!!! 
  • Options
    @sidecarsareforbishes Right?! I was also really mad at myself for not yelling something back, but I think it's just as well since our house is pretty exposed on a corner lot on a semi-busy street. If he's enough of a dick to yell that, he's probably enough of a dick to come back and egg my house or something. Ugh. Freaking asshole. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Happy birthday @mrszoess! Hope you get a million Dino nuggets!  ;)
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    Unrelated to everything so far: I have a toddler who is scared of thunder. And, this is the second night it's been dry all day, and stormy right at bedtime. Can I just get a morning or late afternoon storm up in here? I need a break! 
  • Options
    F47 said:
    Unrelated to everything so far: I have a toddler who is scared of thunder. And, this is the second night it's been dry all day, and stormy right at bedtime. Can I just get a morning or late afternoon storm up in here? I need a break! 
    Aww I'm sorry about this! That was definitely me growing up, from toddler until probably middle school.
  • Options
    @F47 that's me now! :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Julia70286 Not only germs for the baby, but walking around in the heat 6 weeks postpartum and all I can think is swamp crotch.  That and I know I was still having bleeding at 6 weeks, so swamp crotch plus giant un-breathable pad.  Nope.

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm almost 14 weeks, but still have major food aversions and the all day queasiness going on. Husband offered to pick up food on the way home from work. I ordered a wedge salad and a side of roasted potatoes. As soon as I opened it up, he kinda side-eyed me and said, "Isn't blue cheese bad?" I assured him it was fine, but I honestly didn't care in that moment because it was the only thing that sounded remotely good to me. And it was. Every tangy blue cheesy bite.
  • Options
    thanks @rozandbensince2001 and eat that blue cheese it's pasteurized! 
  • Options
    @mrszoess Happy Birthday, man I love cheese balls!!!! 

Two of of my very best guy friends got engaged today...in Florence, Italy! I said I love you both but man I hate you at the same time! Lol 
  • Options
    NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited April 2016
    I think if someone offered me an opportunity to go to Disney at 6 weeks postpartum, it would need to be on a weekday, someone else would need to be watching my children at home, and I would need to be drunk. And I would just be going because I obviously already lived in Anaheim, and my tickets were paid for. 

ETA: I'm pretty sure I hadn't left my house yet at 6 weeks PP. Thanks Amazon.
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I would be lost without sour cream. I love it so much. Try making your own! 

https://alchemybaking.blogspot.com/2013/05/make-your-own-homemade-sour-cream.html
    thanks! I've been attempting the strain plain yogurt add a bit of lemon juice and let sit but its not the same. Not sure if I can get heavy cream here, I'll have to look around.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @mrszoess Happy (belated) birthday!

@coffee89 That's gross! I was at a cafe on Monday and there was no tp. I told a waiter as soon as I got out and he said, "Oh, goodness!" and dashed off to the back of the store. I was impressed- that was the appropriate reaction :)
  • Options
    Today is Disney day! I'm so flipping excited; but I'm really nervous about my phone battery making it all day. I need the app for our fast passes but my iPhone does not hold a charge to save its life. DH told me to turn the phone off when not using it, but I also planned to use it for pics. Ugh. I hope I can find some outlets to charge throughout the day. Petty problem I know.
  • Options
    I am so jealous of everyone doing Disney! I've done DL many times, but have never made it out to DW. Hopefully in the next couple years. 

Taking a 6 week old? Hells no. That means being on my feet at 6 w post delivery. I think at 6 weeks I was going to doctors appointments and maybe the grocery store. Maybe. 

Happy belated birthday @mrszoess!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday @mrszoess !!!
  • Options
    Jumping in late on the Disney-at-six-weeks debate. I'd probably go as long as I wasn't still recovering from a c-section. Germs wouldn't bother me too much as baby would have at least some vaccinations by then, and it's not like he or she would be running around licking hand railings at that age, right? I'd baby wear or keep the baby tucked away in their infant seat/stroller. It would be exhausting for sure, but I'd walk slow, take lots of breaks and enjoy the day! 
  • Options
    thanks guys! I'm mobile bumping as usual so tagging everyone is a pain. 

I had half a giant cheese burger with a pretzel bun for dinner. happy birthday to me! lol
  • Options

The January '17 has gotten started, and for some reason it's blowing my mind right now.

I'm only 14 weeks but it feels like I've been pregnant forever already... the thought of just now getting pregnant and having to wait until next year for a baby... ah!

Also, I think I'm allergic to my office. I'm fine 98% of the time in normal life, but when I'm at work it's at least a huge honkin' sneeze every half hour.

.....or it could be dust. This place is the dust bowl of offices, ugh.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    bamacoop said:

The January '17 has gotten started, and for some reason it's blowing my mind right now.

I'm only 14 weeks but it feels like I've been pregnant forever already... the thought of just now getting pregnant and having to wait until next year for a baby... ah!

Also, I think I'm allergic to my office. I'm fine 98% of the time in normal life, but when I'm at work it's at least a huge honkin' sneeze every half hour.

.....or it could be dust. This place is the dust bowl of offices, ugh.

I agree with all of this. January 17 seems like a lifetime away and I'm so glad we're a whole trimester ahead of that! 
    My office is also a dust bowl and I sneeze my face off all day.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @JamieK1882 Just put your phone in airplane mode when you're not using the app and the battery will last a lot longer. Also, if you have the most recent update, when the battery gets below 80% you can go into Settings --> Battery --> Low Power Mode (toggle on) and that will help, too. Have fun!
  • Options
    Those outfits are so precious, @annabenanna! I LOVE boy colors and clothing. I'm excited about dressing my little girl, but I have a feeling she's going to end up in mostly masculine colors like navy blue and green with small accents of pink or purple :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We re kind of half heartedly house hunting and I found a house today that could be perfect.. it's a little pricy and I don't think it's worth what they're asking, but I'm still a fan for the right price.. now to convince my husband he feels the same way ;)