June 2016 Moms
Options

Let's brag.

Re: Let's brag.

• Options
    I'm in the same boat @June2016BabyW
    I've even joked that when the time comes I'll just go deliver at the hospital directly across from my work so people can come visit the baby (technically not my hospital, but it'd definitely be convenient if I went into labor at work!). I don't want to waste my leave at home, and I'm feeling good. And I sit all day. And it usually isn't crazy stressful. 
    With my daughter, I found out Wednesday of my last week that I had to have a c-section on Thursday. So literally I worked until the end. It wasn't terrible. The only thing pushing me to taking a week or so off before my due date this time is I still feel like there's so much to do before baby gets here!
  • Options
    mar101483 said:
    My brag is that I'm still working as a therapist in an acute hospital. I'm on my feet all day lifting, squating an bending. I quit working at 32 weeks with my son but I scheduled myself till 38 weeks this time I hope I make it. At the end of each day I feel like super woman. 

My first nursing job was on the acute rehab floor of a hospital. A co-worker of mine worked until she was 38 weeks pregnant with her son, he is now 4 and I am still in awe of her! Even if you stopped tomorrow I would still think you were superwoman!!
    I'm a nurse in a very fast paced, few breaks 14+hrs/day clinic and I plan on working until 2 days before my due date! Not bragging, just beginning to think I'm delusional. Even my OB said my BH at work are probably a sign it's time to slow down, but I'm only 30 +3.
    Holy hell! 2 days before??? I'm a school nurse and I'm stopping at 37+6! I guess I'm an underachiever!
    No, I'm pretty sure I'm just delusional. My Charge nurse said I should work until the friday before my due date, which is a Wednesday, I was thinking of trying to go until that Monday. I only get short term disability of 6 weeks at 60% pay, which I'm sure is pretty common, after that and using the little PTO time I have (I just started in December), I will have zero income for the rest of my time off. I want to try to spend as much of it with the LO as possible, but I also don't know if my goal is realistic and I'm leaving work exhausted already.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Second brag today: i pooped!!
    Me too!!! I was actually about to post this lol. Not to be a one-upper, but I pooped twice today. Makes up for not pooping in the last 4 days! Lol. Yay for poops!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My brag: I did not pee myself! I came very close, but I made it just in time. Looks like it will be a good day!
  • Options
    My brag: I did not pee myself! I came very close, but I made it just in time. Looks like it will be a good day!
    This was me twice this weekend! Definitely worth the brag...GO US!! ;)
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • Options
    Second brag today: i pooped!!
    This I find amazingly impressive.

Ladies, I just discovered that if I take my pregnancy pillow and coil it into a circle, I can lay on my stomach without putting any pressure on the baby (the bump goes in the middle). My brag is figuring it out and having DH give me a super relaxing massage with the use of my new invention. Sadly, it did not yield any poopage. :-(
    I've been laying with my body pillow tucked under one whole side of me and another pillow and blanket tucked under the other. I've been sleeping at least part of the night on my stomach and I get the best sleep ever that way. Belly doesn't touch/no pressure and momma sleeps happy.
  • Options
    My brag: I got out of bed today, and yes this is a brag cause some days I just wanna be like "nope" 
  • Options
    I just did two loads of dishes and pulled the weeds in the front yard. 
  • Options
    I've washed, ironed, and put back up all the curtains in the house (5 rooms worth). 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It is sarcasm....I have had a hard time keeping anything down and am limited to what I can eat.  And considering i am "heavy" as another had said, i go from loving food to feeling sick of the thought of food really sucks. I lost 20 lbs from being sick and proud I've gained finally bc it has worried me.  This is why I don't do these forums bc everyone takes it the wrong way.  So have a nice day ladies and thanks for the negativity.
  • Options
    I vacuumed and washed (ok it was really just a good spray off) my car on Saturday with minimal grunting and sweating. Pollen in the south is no joke. 
  • Options
    I walked a charity 5K on Saturday with H before going to my baby shower. And it might be TMI, but I still had the energy to agree to H's request to sex later that evening.

Now, I payed for it on Sunday morning, but Saturday I felt like a freaking super hero.
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    My toddler threw up on me twice last night, and I didn't gag and throw up on her. It was a close call, but I did it 

You should check out the pilot episode of Raising Hope. There's a hilarious scene about this exact thing!

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Iron curtains??? I've washed mine (have a cat who loves sitting in Windows... They get pretty fuzzy), but I've never ironed. To be fair, I don't iron anything... But curtains? When you hang them the wrinkles fall out eventually, lol
    I have some sheers that don't need ironing because they come out of the dryer good enough.  But our subdivision has a rule about curtains in windows facing the street needing white lining and those heavy lined drapes always come out too wrinkly to just hang and wait.  I have to iron those.  Which is why I only get ambitious enough to wash them every few years.
  • Options

vulpini said:
    I've washed, ironed, and put back up all the curtains in the house (5 rooms worth). 
    I've lived in my house for 2 years and have NEVER washed or ironed my curtains!! Oops...
    Yeah, it was 2-4 years since mine got washed, depending on the room.  I hate it too, especially the ones that need ironing because they are officially "dry clean only" and I wash them in the hand-wash cycle and dry on low so they don't get ruined, so they come out wrinkly.  My mom washes all of hers every 6 months.  I don't tell her how long mine go between washes.
  • Options

Who knew washing curtains was a thing?

The only thing I have to brag about is that I made it to work today and avoided the urge to call out. The next 6 weeks need to hurry up. I'm done with work, and especially being pregnant at work.

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Goocran17 said:

Who knew washing curtains was a thing?

The only thing I have to brag about is that I made it to work today and avoided the urge to call out. The next 6 weeks need to hurry up. I'm done with work, and especially being pregnant at work.

^^^THIS! *lurking from July* but washing curtains is something people do??? Wow. No one has ever mentioned this to me ever. I've literally never washed a curtain and we own a house with lots of them...
  • Options
    Hehe.  Ok, I don't feel bad about not washing them for years now.  The tops of the fabric/exposed rods (if you have the kind with the big rings) do get dusty, and we haven't been vacuuming up there.  Doing that once in a blue moon is probably enough.  They didn't look dirty, just a bit dusty at the top and a little cat hair here and there.  
  • Options
    I am telling myself that the washing curtains thing is a nesting thing to lessen my guilt over having done it maybe once?
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I'm am freaking out imagining the dust at the top of all of the curtains in my house. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    There is so much dust in our house and pet/human dander and my husband has crappy allergies and I'm pretty sure one of our poor dogs do too. So I am all about doing any thing I can to reduce the dust in the house. Plus we run ceiling fans in every room all the time and I swear that makes the dust even more apparent. I have to clean the fan blades, dust every thing, and even dust/vacuum the walls to get all the dust off. Dust sucks.
  • Options
    I got rid of all my curtains because with every spring clean and the airing out of the house, I would wash all of my curtains. I hated the heavy duty ones...my grandma and mom would have those and ironing took forever. Now, I have mini blinds on all of my windows so it is easier because I can soak and wipe and air dry. Dust off the tops and be done. Less time and effort plus I save on my water bill.
  • Options
    The REAL question is HOW DO I CLEAN MY FABRIC BLACK OUT ROMAN SHADES?!?! 
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    I slept from 1am to 6am without waking up choking on acid reflux! 
    BabyFruit Ticker