Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday

2»

Re: WTO Friday

• Month/cycle: 6/6

CD: 2

wydtgku: Just waiting for AF to leave right now.  Cramps are gone so that's good. 

r/r/cs: Another failed cycle.  That's really all that's on my mind today.  I think this cycle I will be a little less involved in posting and responding.  I need to really take a step back and stop obsessing I think.  It's starting to consume my life and I'll go crazy if I let it.  I'll still check in a couple times a week but it can't be every day anymore.  My mind needs a break.  Wishing everyone here the best of luck!!! :heart: 

gtky: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why? I don't think I really have any favorite albums. I have some favorite songs though.  Of course my mind is blank right now but the one that's always at the top of my playlist and is super fitting for how I feel today is "Let it Be" by the Beatles.  :smile: 
    My Chart

ME: 28  |  DH: 31
    DATING SINCE: 09/20/08
    MARRIED: 10/26/15
    TTC #1 SINCE: OCT/NOV 2015

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Month/Cycle: 10/8

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK  and all other three letter things. 

R/R/CS: My SIL just moved back home from out-of-state, so I finally got to meet my little 3 month old nephew for the first time this week. I had literally just picked him up when I hear... "Tell Auntie you want a little cousin" out of another family member's mouth. Needless to say, I don't think I need to explain to you all how I felt about that line. No one knows that we've been TTC since last summer but still, I wish people could be a bit more sensitive on this subject. 

GTKY: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why?

Tough one... But, in no particular order, I would say:

*The Beatles - Rubber Soul. In My Life was DH's and my wedding song. 
    *Michael Jackson - Thriller;  I could listed to Billie Jean, Beat It, Human Nature, and Thriller on repeat. 
    *Purely for nostalgia - Mariah Carey - Daydream. It was the first CD that I ever owned. I saved up my allowance for weeks to go buy it. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Loading the player...
  • @kfair001 - Sorry you are having a rough day. Be kind to yourself and do what you need to do. Hugs! <3

• @sammajane19 The appointment went well! To save everyone from having to see it again, I posted all about it in yesterday's WTO thread. Pretty late in the day because I using a wicked fun power washer lol. 

• @kfair001  sorry to see you back in WTO and that you are having a rough time. I've been feeling the same way. Be good to yourself and do whatever you need to do. :)

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @sLass42@Steelerfan78 - I see I'm not alone with my The Beatles - Rubber Soul pick. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Month/cycle: 3/3

cd: 14

wydtgku: OPK PNV RLT

r/r/cs:  Just waiting to turn an OPK and start doing the booty shuffle.

gtky: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why? 
    This question is hardddddddddddddd
    Lana Del Rey - Born to Die (Paradise Edition) 
    Perfume Genius - Too Bright
    Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11

• @sLass42 any tips on making the RRL tea taste better? I've tried a few things but it always tastes awful to me. 
    @MooFish2364
    I highly recommend a bit of honey and a mental reminder that it's not going to taste like raspberries.  For some reason, the honey seems to totally neutralize the astringent properties and just make it a very basic tea.  Moreso than sugar, cream, or flavorings.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Do you usually take your BBT orally or vaginally? I'm going to start charting next cycle and was just curious. Also curious as to what time you ladies take your temps at...I'm thinking I'm going to take mine at 5:30 am....TIA

• @sLass42 & @TheJerilu thanks for the tea tips! I usually do honey and for a while I was mixing it with rose hips and cinnamon bark. It was ok but I got bored with it. I think I will try it cold with some berries and honey. That sounds nice for summer. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @crazypt2285 you will want to take your temp when you first wake up. Before sitting up or drinking. So make sure it's within arms reach. I temp orally but other vaginally. Just make sure you stick with which ever way you pick because you will get different readings. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Month/cycle: 7/7 (Really, why is one number over 6 so unpalatable?) 

cd: 7

wydtgku: BBT, CM, charting, Pre seed, OPK, bonin'

r/r/cs: Started reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and I love it. Also started temping. Hoping this helps me understand my cycle better and get KU because OPKs alone aren't working. My SIL peed on some sticks a few times, and boom--KU. Two years later, KU again. The sticks alone aren't cutting it for me. 

@Steelerfan78 this one's for you because I love me some '90s:

Alanis Morissette Jagged Little Pill
    Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
    Backstreet Boys Millenium

Why? Because 90's all the way, baby!!
  • Month/cycle: 13/16

cd: 7

wydtgku: clomid + iui#3 + progesterone & IVF consult

r/r/cs: This cycle clomid is giving me abdominal discomfort, which I haven't had before. I confirmed with the nurse at the RE that it's fine, and she gave me a list of symptoms that would make it not fine if they developed. Also,

gtky: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why? Ummm, ummm, ummmm huge blank on this one. 
  • I am taking my last BC pill tomorrow, so I look forward to joining this thread :)  Good luck to all of you ladies!

<br>
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Aurora1973Aurora1973 member
    edited April 2016
    Month/Cycle:  4/5

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 
    Charting, PNV, EPO, B6, CoQ10, RRL tea, Mucinex, OPK, for @MonaLisaRalphioGDTPT, OMG this is getting out of control!

R/R/CS: 
    So very glad it's Friday and OH will be coming home tonight.  It's not quite time to FWP yet, so I'm really looking forward to boning for the fun of it.

GTKY:
      Like most of you, I struggled to choose just three.  This is how I feel today...

Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape:  I'm a HUGE FF fan (I've seen them 6 times...can't stop, won't stop).  This album, and specifically "Hey, Johnny Park!" was what introduced me and hooked me, but I love all of their albums.

Pete Yorn - musicforthemorningafter:  a couple of the songs from this album were featured in early 2000s rom/coms (I think "Strange Condition" on The Sweetest Thing), and that vibe is through the whole album.  I never get tired of it.  "For Nancy (Cos it Already Is)" grabbed me on the radio immediately.  Also, Pete is kinda cute:

Stone Sour - House of Gold & Bones, Pt.1:  at heart, I'm a hard rock/metal girl, and this is just tasty metal goodness.  

ETA:  Correct dates and say @Kiki75, you made me feel better yesterday.  Thanks!!
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Month/cycle: 2/3

cd: 8

wydtgku: PNVs, temping, CBDA OPKs, things like that

r/r/cs: I'm just getting excited that it's finally coming up on FW time so I'm going grocery shopping today for the things that are probably pretty much old wives' tales but I enjoy so I do 'em. Someone once told me to eat three avocados the week of O, so since I love them and it's a great excuse, I eat a half a day. I read that grapefruit juice is supposed to help with CM and I love it but it's a treat so it's a great excuse. More green tea. Things like that. I skip on the stuff that grosses me out. Like I read something about liver and I said hell no to that. 

Beck: Odelay
    I even have that one on record! It was good then, it's good now, plus it takes me straight back to the incense den bedroom of my teenage years. 
    music thegrammys grammy winners beck album covers

Sublime: Sublime
    The whole thing was great but What I Got (especially the reprise) is one of my go to songs for when I need something to pull me out of a funk.

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Chronicle
    On it's own, it's excellent but it also reminds me of my mom--she would always crank it up and sing along if a CCR song came on the radio and if we were almost home, she'd even drive around the neighborhood to keep the party going. Plus, I'm pretty sure it got me a job that has had a huge influence on how my life turned out. I think the manager probably was thinking that I was too young for the job but I saw that he had about five CDs on his desk, that being one of them, and I mentioned that I had the same one and loved it. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Month/cycle: 3/3

cd: 9

wydtgku: OPKs, GDTPT  ( @MonaLisaRalphio I support you!)

r/r/cs: I'm playing Prince in my classroom ALL DAY while students get any missing assignments done before the grading period ends today. It's been awesome. I wept hard in the shower yesterday and just felt really sad. I've never been this deeply impacted by a celebrity death before. 

I'm a little frustrated with DH and his ability to speak definitively on things he admittedly knows nothing about. I mentioned last night how we really need to start saving for baby because we plan for me to take a year off. I'm in the really, really blessed position of him making enough money for that to be feasible but only if we start saving soon. He said "well, we won't need any money until they're here and you're not pregnant yet so..." and I said "no, I told you I wanted to use a midwife and birth center" to which he immediately said "Well no, we won't be able to have it all." But he has no idea how much midwives actually cost and I'm facing the likely possibility of getting a job that pays a lot more than I make as a teacher (not that it's super hard to make more than a teacher). If I make more, we save more and more becomes possible. Now, we did have a great conversation afterwards where I expressed that I have no interest in being a spoiled brat about pregnancy but with smart planning we can, in fact, "have it all." I'm willing to compromise because the year off is more important than anything else but I just didn't appreciate the decisive dismissal of something I've expressed is important to me. 

Kanye West---Late Registration because I like the collaborations on this album and the growth he made from College Dropout
    Paramore---Brand New Eyes because though I love the band this is the only album I can listen to straight through.
    Amy Winehouse---Back to Black because her voice is sheer magic. Like so many, she was gone entirely too soon.

Prince is my absolute favorite but I like his compilations more than his full albums so I didn't include it.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @MooFish2364 I'm so sorry about your kitty. 

Month/ Cycle: 1/1

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: OPK, PNV 

R/R/CS: Just waiting on a positive OPK.

GTKY: I love music in general so I can't really come up with favorites.
  • @Kiki75 I love grapefruit juice. This gives me a reason to go buy some haha
  • Month/cycle: 9

cd: 13

wydtgku: see below

r/r/cs:  had a follow up with the RE today following my HSG earlier this week.  I think it went well.  My HSG showed my left tube is blocked away from my uterus and there are maybe 3 polyps in the uterus.  the right side looks good.  

this is the plan for now:
     day 5-10 of next cycle the Doc will do a Hysteroscopy to take a look at the polyps and see if thats what they are.  if they are there, they will be snipped and sent to pathology.  Then, they will repeat the HSG so see if my left tube gets unblocked, this time it will all be under anesthesia so there is no need to worry about it hurting me.   If it doesn't come unblocked with the HSG repeat, the doc may or may not perform a tubal cannulation to see if she can open it.  it depends on the condition of the tube... if it is damaged for some reason she may leave it blocked.  unblocking a damaged tube doesn't do me much good.  After all this, then the following cycle we will start medicated cycles with timed intercourse.  we will see how that goes and then possibly move to IUI if we don't have any success.   The doc also put me on some supplements and recommended a low carb diet.  She said based on my bloodwork, I have some PCOS signs, but not enough that she would call me a classic PCOS case as i do actually ovulate regularly... just not well.   

I asked about acupuncture and she is all for it.  I had been on the fence about it but now I think I will actually make the call now.  

After all this I am a bit depressed that things are not as they should be, but also a bit relieved that they symptoms i was seeing are real and that i was not being impatient by seeing an RE after 9 cycles of trying.  I think I have an official infertility diagnosis at this point...  and thats a little scary.  But we have a plan. 

i listen to books
  • @furbabymom2007 - So sorry to hear about your HSG results. It's tough to hear that there could be issues with infertility. However, it does sound like your RE is amazing and supportive. I was feeling the same way on Tuesday, but I think having a game plan has been a huge comfort to me. Hugs to you friend! FX for good news and that your Hysteroscopy goes well!
  • AliciaGooseAliciaGoose member
    edited April 2016
    Month/cycle: 3/3

cd: 26

wydtgku: All the things

r/r/cs: I got crosshairs this morning but I don't trust them because it's been warm, the temps (when I average the earlier and later because I haven't been sleeping well) aren't drastically increased, and I have an abundance of EWCM that showed up today and far exceeds anything I've had in the last week and a half. I stopped my OPKs on Monday out of frustration so I can't confirm anything for sure, though I did one today and it was almost positive and only an hour hold (after being stark white on Monday). I'm going to try my CBAD now. Other than that I'll just wait to see if my temps increase a bit more drastically in the next couple days and then maybe eventually move myself over to the TWW? I'm happy the EWCM came or I may have accepted the crosshairs as they were, but this CM is much more consistent with what happens before I normally O!
    On a non TTC related note, it's been a rough day here.
    *TW: Suicide attempt mentioned, not mine*
    My absolute best friend since I was 10 years old sent me a 911 text while I was at work today. Her mom tried to OD on pills and thankfully was unsuccessful. My best friend and her husband live 6 hours away and are currently on their way here. She asked me if I could go to her moms once they make it down to watch their 3 kids while her and her husband try to go to the hospital, so DH and I are going to head out in a couple of hours. I feel so terrible for my friend. Her mom has been battling severe depression on and off as long as I have known her, and she recently had a hysterectomy which has made it much worse. It's tough because this woman has been like a second mother to me for most of my life. I'm happy I can be there to help in any way but it's just such a sad situation. I will probably be around as much as I can today to get my mind off of other things. I'm sorry to bring such negativity here but I had to vent.

**Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Month/cycle: 4/4

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: it

R/R/CS: So yesterday at work we were talking about Prince dying and my coworker told me I was too young to know about Prince.  I was like, what?  You're too young to know about Sinatra.  Or Shakespeare.  Or Jesus.  Does she not understand how things work?

GTKY: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why? This changes all the time.  If I had to pick three of my go-to's they are: The Beatles Abbey Road, Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, and Rush's 2112.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Month/cycle: 5 / 5

cd:  5

wydtgku: CM, Charting, OPK, Pre-Natal, folic acid 

r/r/cs:   nothing to complain about.. been a busy couple days with work but I have a ton of energy today and the day off so I did some spring cleaning. 

gtky: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why?  I don't think I can pick three.. I might have to come back and add them after some thought lol

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Month/cycle: 1/1

cd: 4

wydtgku: PNV +, CM, GDTPT ;)

r/r/cs:  Basically, when I was charting before, I typically O'd on CD 10. I know that it's very possible to change especially since I just got my IUD out.  I'm traveling a ton for work next week, so it's not the best week for us, and I haven't been temping yet this cycle.  I haven't been getting a consistent 3 hours of sleep so I haven't bothered.  I'm planning on starting though.  Also, we're on a mini-Vacay this weekend and I plan on having all the sex.

The Doors Greatest Hits- I went through a heavy doors phase in college and this reminds me of those days.

linkin park/jay-z- numb/encore Always just loved this.

Justin Timberlake-  the 20/20 experience.  Because JT...

• TW *** loss mentioned

Month/cycle: 5/4

cd: 2

wydtgku: currently ignoring my husband.

r/r/cs: well here I am again, early miscarriage last month, chemical pregnancy this month... It seems I have no problem getting KU it's staying that way more than a few days that's the problem *sigh* going to go see my doctor this week and see if there's anything they can do.

gtky: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why? I'm never a huge fan of whole albums I like to pick and choose individual songs.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • @kiki75 I was going to wait until I remove my ring on Monday. Will any data I collect now be worth anything? It might be good just to be in the habit though. 
  • @furbabymom2007 I'm sorry you had such a crappy outcome with the hsg. It sounds like you have an excellent laid plan, and I couldn't agree more with @DoctorDonna that it sounds like your doctor is amazing and supportive. I know the set back is a hard pill to swallow right now, the good news is it sounds like your plan is already in the works and it's only full steam ahead from here! 

@AliciaGoose How very scary and sad to hear about your friends mother. I really hope she can find some help. You sound like a great friend though, and I'm sure that's exactly what your BFF needs right now. Creepy internet hugs to you lady. 

@PartiallyDomesticated Wow I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hopefully your doctor will have some good ideas as to what is going on, and how to treat it. Be extra kind to yourself this weekend. 
  • so sorry @partiallydomesticated that those things happened to you. I know it's really tough. Hopefully your doctors visit can give some insight. But I believe your time is soon!! 

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• edited April 2016
    @gonetothesea I knew I could find the pictures!!

(edited to resize from giant mobile post)
  • @gonetothesea I knew I could find the pictures!!

(edited to resize from giant mobile post)
    Ahhh! I love it. Thanks for sharing them!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird